Anon
Years ago

Rumour: Bogut to be an Asst Coach

I've been saying his for two weeks, he will NOT be playing anywhere. He has a pre-existing injury to his elbow, this makes him uninsurable as a player outside of his NBA contract. He will join the Kings a a Coach/Players Mentor. Announced shortly.

Topic #26474 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

Wouldn't surprise me. He has said himself that his elbow will never return to "normal" for the rest of his life.

Still if this is the carrot at the end of the stick, I think the empty goose chase does more harm than good for the NBL...

Reply #333045 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Thanks for the doom & gloom anon!

The basketball world needs some good news. Hope u r wrong!!

Reply #333046 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He would be devaluing his personal brand to pull this now after consistently and recently claiming through his agent to be training and keen to play.

Reply #333052 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

I agree Isaac. His agent is quoted as saying he wants to suit up this Friday.

Reply #333053 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I would keep across Bogut's Twitter feed today...

Reply #333055 | Report this post

Avv  
Years ago

Bogut tweeted in the last couple of days he was eager to play a proper game

Reply #333056 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

But Kaider said the decision - insurance notwithstanding - was imminent with Bogut keen to play the opening round, the season tipping off this weekend.

"We'd like to think Andrew could suit this weekend," Kaider said.

Reply #333064 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Interestingly LC, Bogut hasn't tweeted a thing since 10pm last night! He's obviously busy with something... hopefully signing contracts! :-)

Its pretty clear from what his agent is saying that the only thing stopping Bogut is a couple of clauses in his insurance agreement. From the SMH:

"We had a policy and we have now had our legal guys look at it, and we've had to go back with some feedback and just say there are a couple of clauses in here we are not happy with," Kaider said yesterday (that'd be Monday).

"We want them redrafted but, obviously, with time zones and weekends in Europe and America, we'll have to work through the night tonight to try and get this policy resolved if we can ... to ensure we are satisfied Andrew is protected to the level he needs to be. Once we get that resolved, then we can talk about specifics of where he's going."

Asked if he hoped to have it done by morning, Kaider said: "I hope so. I don't know if I can stay up every night of the week until 4am. If we get it resolved tonight, Andrew would absolutely make an announcement on where he will play [today]."

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/basketball/kings-braced-for-early-call-on-signing-bogut-20111003-1l5ac.html#ixzz1ZlxmIiWG

Reply #333104 | Report this post

Avv  
Years ago

Blaze have officially said they are OUT of the running for Bogut:

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2011/10/03/354315_gold-coast-blaze.html

Reply #333106 | Report this post

opt  
Years ago

So the big announcement that Sydney kings had today which they (apparently hired out a nice hotel for) was just to launch NBA 2k12

http://www.nbl.com.au/kings-shortcut/news/article/2011/october/2k-sports-nbaR-2k12-announces-partnership-with-sydney-kings/

Reply #333108 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

On a side note, ESPN hasn't covered anything to do with Bogut apart from MJ copping the $100K fine for mentioning his name.

Surely a former #1 draft pick and borderline all-star is worthy of an article, particularly when it looks increasingly likely he will suit in the NBL?

I mean, wilson Chandler has been bentioned in dedicated and related articles numerous times about his foray into China.

Even Patty Mills had an article dedicated to his move to the Tigers, and he is not even in the top 300 players according to ESPN! Haven't seen Bogut on the list yet, so he's at least in the top 60

Reply #333121 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Right on cue.......

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7057458/andrew-bogut-milwaukee-bucks-not-able-play-australia

Is this a further development, or merely a re-statement of what we already knew?

Reply #333170 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

That's just a re-hash...

Reply #333178 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

And I noticed that too Beantown...Twitter feed from Bogut is unusually quiet

Reply #333179 | Report this post

Marco Khoury  
Years ago

You are wrong mate. I'm a student at Macquarie University - we have the Kings Head Office of Operations there, and it's pretty clear that Bogut has a stint to play in the NBL. Melbourne have also moved the game from the State Hockey Sports Center to one of the bigger venues- so there's something the NBL already knows that we don't. If Kobe Bryant had 3-4 surgeries (thumb, knee etc) and he's confirmed to play in Italy via an insurance agreement... Then I don't see why Bogut can't play.

Reply #333190 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:53 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754