Anonymous
Years ago

Bogut/Mills NBL/NBA Lockout Question

Just a quick question folks, when the NBA owners nad players come to an agreement will Mills (and Bogut if he plays NBL) have to leave an head back to US immediately, or not until pre-season/training camp/whatever the 1st NBA commitment of the season starts?

Surely there will at least a small gap between the agreement and the first trainings/games? And I'm wondering if Mills/Bogut can still play NBL in that gap or if they must head back immediately after the NBA agreement is made?

Topic #26484 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Players will have 10 days to report to camp.

Reply #333165 | Report this post

clarky  
Years ago

As far as I am aware, as soon as the lockout ends and the NBA officially begins the 2011-12 off-season, all NBA player contracts resume from that point and players usually have 10 days to report to camp.

With player contracts officially resuming, I believe it means any overseas contracts which are signed with a lockout clause immediately become void.

Reply #333172 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

so players cant play in the NBL in that 10 days?

Reply #333175 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Can keep playing overseas but I'd imagine there'd be insurance concerns.

They'll be on the first plane outta here.

A tip: buy tickets to the first Sydney game, not the second one.

Reply #333182 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We may be lucky to have Patty Mills for the season, he may not even get a actual contract.

Reply #333183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tomorrow is the d-day for lockout
if it's resolved nba starts on time nov 1st

if not back to the drawing board - for at least 1 month before nba games could begin

I'd hedge my bets on it getting sorted and prob why bogy man is still waiting on making an signing and not the insurance issues

once players start losing paychecks things happen quickly

Reply #333194 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:50 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754