TJ
Years ago

Who Will Replace Ballinger and Williamson

We are not looking good up front.

Topic #26493 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pero is in Adelaide. Use him until Ballinger is back fully fit and/or a replacement is found

Reply #333233 | Report this post

TJ  
Years ago

Will we have enough time to work something out with him him like a 10 day contract.

Reply #333235 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

See previous threads about this.

Reply #333236 | Report this post

boss  
Years ago

vasiljevic

Reply #333241 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

I see Pero walking thru TTP all the time, he's actually a top bloke, always happy to have a chat about basketball with a commoner such as myself lol might be worth a shot getting the big fella in for a bit...

Reply #333243 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Tru Blue.
I will say the same about Pero, he used to always drop into Footlocker when I was there and talk hoops and kicks for a half hour. Good bloke.

Wouldn't mind seeing him fill in for us either as long as his attitude on the court is better than it used to be.
Has he still got his hops anyone?

Reply #333244 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Pretty sure they will start with Helliwell and DJ and maybe get Weigh to fill a few minutes backing up the PF spot?

Perth will be without Knight so will be in a simialr predicament...

No need to bring in Pero for 1 game.

Reply #333245 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Move to sign the second import, obviously wait on Ballinger to come good. Start the season as Tornado mentioned. Don't bother with a short-term replacement.

Cats are going to be much stronger (still have Nevill, Redhage, Wagstaff, Trueman) but it's a tough test first up - so be it.

Reply #333249 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Tough start for Marty this week. Perth will almost certainly start Nev, Redhage, Tovey, Lisch and Martin.

If we go with DJ and Helliwell to start the game, then DJ would have to guard Redhage. That'd be a big gamble really. DJ might be able to do some damage shooting over Redhage on the offensive end, but I think he'd soon be in foul trouble on the defensive end, which we just can't afford.

With both DJ and Helliwell on court at the same time, we don't have anyone to give either a blow at centre either.

I'd go with DJ, Weigh and either Creek or Herbert in the frontcourt and hope DJ's speed can draw some fouls on Nev early.

We're going to have a tough time containing Wagstaff too I think. Too strong for Weigh or Creek I would have thought and too quick for Helliwell or DJ.

Reply #333256 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Good calls Bean. I'd be very hesitant to start DJ vs Redhage.

Reply #333263 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It seems odd, but I'd consider Helliwell, Weigh, Herbert, Ng, Warren. If they go to Nevill early, Helliwell can soak up a foul or two before Johnson comes in fresh and with an advantage of size/athleticism against anyone else they have.

While Radford is going to know the Cats well (proved useful last year), I'd guess the Cats will know how to counter Weigh too.

Reply #333264 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Not a bad alternative there Isaac. It's a more defensive move, starting Helliwell, but if he can soak up a bit of pressure and keep Neville under control early, allowing a counter-punch with DJ, it could work pretty well.

Reply #333268 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Did anyone else head down to Rundle Mall earlier today to see the 6ers and Lightning players?

I caught the end of it all when everyone was dissipating. Plenty of cameras around too so maybe they will be on the news tonight?

Reply #333269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still waiting for him to build Pero's Palace back at Cabra ;-)

Reply #333270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LC - did see which stations any of the cameras were from by any chance?

Reply #333284 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Going to be a good game for Wildcats fans.

Cant believe it isnt on tv till 1040PM perth time.. that is not within 3 hours of tip off >:-|

Reply #333304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not as good as you think alextrad
I think the Sixers will still get up. Look at last years opening game in Adelaide.
We smashed the defending champs easily with a "wooden spoon" roster

Reply #333318 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wasn't it a narrow win rather than a "smashing"? Don't bait the Woofing Gods.

Reply #333322 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Yeah just remember that last year we beat the Wildcats in the home and away series and we still ended up finishing 2nd last and they finished 3rd so beating them in the pre-season or the opening game isn't an instant prelude to winning the championship. Though I do believe with our roster the 36ers are a better team than last season.

Reply #333365 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I noticed at the ABC TV news that there was a long coverage.
Earlier radio 5aa were talking about the 36ers and they will be coming into the studio thru summer.
So, I missed anything that was on ch7 or nine.
Anyways , before arriving at Rundle Mall , it was about Bogut not coming here and looking for an Import to replace williamson.
Later, showing sixers and lightning with interviews
Clarke "No, it's not an ideal start."
Ballinger " We've done well preseason and Perth will find it tough, over here."
A bitta Lightning, also.

Reply #333371 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Good one Camel 31.

Reply #333477 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Then I saw nine news , repeated late at nite.
Also, a long story/coverage.
Ballinger " Soon , as there's a lotta NBA players available."

Reply #333478 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:53 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754