The_Champ33
Years ago

NBA 2K12 - your thoughts?

Now that this game is out, I'd like to start a thread on it.

Start posting away.

Greatest Mode

Missing Reggie Miller, Drexler and Barkley.

Game play is good.

Topic #26513 | Report this topic

DB5  
Years ago

Up late last night playing it. Awesome. Bit hard to get used to at first, things like calling pick and roll etc but loving it.
Those classic teams are so cool to use, but thought Run TMC sucked, tough team to use if the opposition has a decent centre and pf.

Reply #333576 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

Can't wait, will be picking up my copy after work. What covers did you guys pick up? I'm thinking i'll go with Magic if they have them available.

Reply #333580 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Got the game last night on PS3 - the 2KSports sever was down so I couldn't even create MY Player, and get online games going - I hear 2K sports online servers have a bad reputation. I haven't had a chance to look into it, but does anyone know how to unlock the warriors and kings legends teams?

So far the game looks pretty good. Would love some NBL legends rosters - hopefully someone can create these at some point. The 36ers teams from the early to late 90's would be gold.

Reply #333582 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I bought the Larry Bird cover, but was a little tempted to get Magic. Decided to stick with the East.

I picked up my pre-ordered copy last night.
I agree with the controls, it also took for a while to adjust.

To unlock those teams. Hopefully you receive pamphlet with a code to scratch.
Enter that code and it'll unlock those 2 teams, then save the settings so you don't lose those teams.

Reply #333589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah love the series but i am struggling a little with some of the new mechanics, subs etc i dont like and playcalling has more depth but a bit awkward for mine.

Love the classic presentations especially old school Celtics.

Reply #333595 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Got the MJ cover (of course).
MJ dominates, as does Wilt. Malone is a beast inside.

Will be thrashing it a lot more after today. Got a week off : )

Reply #333610 | Report this post

Bitch Please  
Years ago

All other recent games have not been very enjoyable playing as the celtics as they're too slow and it was hard to adjust to Ray Allen's shooting technique. But this edition is actually fun to play as the Celtics. The Timberwolves... not so much.

Do the players seem to move slower during gameplay than the past years?

Reply #333613 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Re : players and gameplay. Yes, I thought that as well. Seemed a bit sluggish.

Reply #333618 | Report this post

Opt  
Years ago

Picked my copy up 30 mins ago keen to get stuck into it when I'm at my ps3 tomorrow

Reply #333626 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

Picked my copy up last night, and just played the my player mode all night (probably why i'm so tired at work today lol) and this mode has been improved immensely,
I have also noticed it is a bit easier to drive thru the lane than previous editions...
But overall looks better and so far playes better too.

Reply #333638 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Graphics continue to lack which is a real shame, as they should be able to take advantage of what the PS3 system can handle by now...

In game play calling and subs have changed a little which is annoying.

Games take ages to load up at times.

Gameplay is fine, but is a bit annoying when trying to do a power hop or whatever.

It's probably a solid 7-8/10

Reply #333643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pfft you just suck Ricey. Go back to arcade games.

Absolutely brilliant game. 9.5/10.

Reply #333692 | Report this post

Badassmofo  
Years ago

Bought the Bogut version....just when he's about to take the court cant play due to lack of insurance coverage LOL

Reply #333751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ ha you are hilarious -__-

Reply #333755 | Report this post

Import fan  
Years ago

I prefer 2k11, I love editing rosters and making the game feel as authentic as possible but on this game you can not add and release players from the classic teams. They have cut down on free agents, the game hasn't got rookies until the lockout ends so I'm going back to 2k11.

Graphics are the same, I find the create a player system hard as I tried to make several players but none of them look any good. One more note is the servers haven't worked since I bought the game so can't download a roster with the rookies in it.

I downloaded some awesome retro rosters on 11, one guy made a roster from every year from 1989 onwards i think so I'm gonna stick to those. Currently playing as 95 Lakers, even has a real faced Van Exel which is awesome as he is my favorite player and not included in 2k12.

Reply #333758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2k12 shits on 2k11, loving how you can play as the legends of the game, Kareem's skyhook is mint.

Reply #333795 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

When the lockout ends, will an official patch be released to fix up the rosters? I have no interest until the lockout is over otherwise.

Reply #333811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah there will be a patch, just like 2k11, the rosters will be constantly updated. Just can't put the rookies in at the moment as they aren't technically NBA players yet.

Reply #333816 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:31 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754