LC
Years ago

First 2 Weeks of NBA Season Cancelled

The NBA has made the call...

From ESPN:

Despite meeting with players for seven hours Monday, the NBA has cancelled the first two weeks of the regular season.

Commissioner David Stern cancelled all games through Nov. 14 after owners met with the players' association in a last-ditch attempt to end the lockout and begin the 2011 season on time. He said both parties remain "very, very far apart."

"Despite extensive efforts, we have not been able to reach a new agreement with the players' union that allows all 30 teams to be able to compete for a championship while fairly compensating our players," deputy Commissioner Adam Silver said in a statement Monday night.

NBA cancels first 2 weeks of season

NBA.com Article

Topic #26552 | Report this topic

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I just read that and it's very sad.

Hopefully things can be solved, the season fires up and everyone be happy again.

Reply #334386 | Report this post

clarky  
Years ago

Just posted this as well. Will add any additional/relevant info to this thread.

Sad to see it come to this, but at the end of the day the players and owners are both sticking to what they see is fair, so this could last a long time.

Reply #334387 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

At least if Miami win we can all say it doesn't count because it wasn't a full 82 game season (assuming there is some sort of season).

Reply #334389 | Report this post

Latrentis  
Years ago

I personally prefer to watch college ball. So it doesn't bother me that they have cut the first two weeks of the nba season. I do feel bad for all the people that rely on the nba for income...and I'm not talking players/owners. It seems to be a league of greed and the more they earn the more they want!
Just from all the news media sounds like this is going to take some time. Don't see a resolution by Christmas.. What's everyone's thoughts on time frame for season starting?

Reply #334430 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

this is great news! More time to see Patty Mills. And maybe bogut will get the sand out of his vagina and play a few games with the currently proposed insurance contract (probably not but heres to wishful thinking)

Reply #334445 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Makes Bogut's strange decision sting even more.

Reply #334479 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:41 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754