DTAB
Years ago

Lightning v Waves National Anthem

Gotta throw a huge WELL DONE to all the players and spectators at the lightning v waves game last sat, as the national anthem cd was jumping all over the place it was eventually killed but every single person in the stadium kept it going loud and proud. made me feel so good to be australian!! it was bloody amazing!!

Topic #26565 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very unprofessional in my opinion.

Reply #334585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you would have thought someone from lightning or sixers or games announcer would have checked prior to game time that it worked.

Hats off to those who sang it was very good. But the cd not working, and then not played in the men's game was pretty poor hope it is fixed for tomorrow night

Reply #334587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes unprofessional... but VERRY funny all the same.

Reply #334589 | Report this post

Swish 'n Dish  
Years ago

Don't worry, all will be fixed when we get the cube to replace the existing scoreboard above the court.

*insert silence or the sound of crickets chirping here*

Reply #334590 | Report this post

DJ Bobo  
Years ago

"You would think someone from the lightning or sixers or game announcer would check"

Why is it always so easy to blame them and label them as everyone likes to.

The PA system is the responsibility of the venue and the stadium manager should have made sure it was all in order for an event in his venue !

Reply #334599 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Reply #334607 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Should get someone to sing it live.

Reply #334608 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Hasn't the NBL said that the national anthem is no longer to occur prior to games?

Or is this just another NBL "rule" that no one has to follow.

Reply #334610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anthem always sounds crappy live anon

Reply #334612 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

the real question is...why use a CD? thats so 2000 and late ;-)

Reply #334618 | Report this post

Alexkrad  
Years ago

Adelaide don't have mp3s yet?

Wait till you guys get iPods it will blow your minds!!

:-p

Reply #334637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It wasn't played before the men's game because it has been for years.
And why is it the stadium managers job to check the cd brought in by the music man employed by the team has a working cd. Man some of you guys have no idea.

Reply #334663 | Report this post

Lightningrod  
Years ago

Neither do u it seems... anonymous...

Reply #334701 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

Someone want to remind me why we have nat. anthems before sporting contests? And why do we have to put up with the haka whenever a kiwi is playinging?

Reply #334725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lightningrod please set me straight.
The PA system worked. That's the stadium's responsibility right?
In fact I noticed now the sixers have a professional on court announcer that I can actually hear what he's saying.

The person running the sound should be responsible for having a working CD or mp3 or whatever he chooses to use right?
Happy to be corrected but that's just what I thought.

Reply #334732 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:02 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754