tyrell
Years ago

CROCS VS TAIPANS LINK

Hi All,

I know it's late but here is a live link-

http://www.oleoletv.com/watch/live/stream/online/free/tv/video/channel/feed/link/broadcast/vivo/gratis/p2p/4/october/14/2011/10/156/v-315759/townsville-crocodiles-cairns-taipans.html

Topic #26576 | Report this topic

tyrell  
Years ago

seems to be a whole heap of others as well

http://www.oleoletv.com/broadcast/1/

I've checked it out- fully legit!

Reply #334752 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Watched it live over here on NZ TV!

Reply #334753 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Anyone know why Hill only played 13 minutes? He was carving them up when on court.

Reply #334756 | Report this post

kr  
Years ago

Eddie the Thrill Gill (aka Homicide with a jump shot) is the man! broke his man down and got to the rim at will. Mims looks to be a gun too, plays hard, great hands, dives on the floor - love him! Thanks to Adelaide for J Holmes, he was awesome, hope he keeps it up & keeps hitting that J. As for M Cedar and Ben Allen - Very Very Ordinary. Just need the Schensh back asap as we will get smashed by teams with a legit centre.

Reply #334757 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Ben Allen dominated.

Reply #334766 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Seriously though, thank you Adelaide so much for Jacob Holmes.

Love the way that guy goes after the ball.

Seriously, thank you.

Reply #334767 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Holmes shooting mid-long range jumpers without hesitation and knocking it down.
Where have you been for the last few years?

Reply #334770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moses- Speculation that Hill was injured or something because it certainly wasn't from poor form.

Awesome game Crocs and Holmes stood up big time.

Reply #334774 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Hill went off early after a great start, physio looked like he was working on his foot/ankle.
The ex Sixers looked way better at their new teams, Hill and Holmes both aggressive (do Adelaides coaching staff not promote aggression as they both look like different players?) at both ends of the floor.
Crocs Imports look great, didn't force it to early and knocked down open shots all night

Reply #334777 | Report this post

Adelaide need to look at how they stifle their players . Great game by Hill and Holmes ...

Hill 10 minutes , 13 points , rebounds

Holmes 24 minutes , 14 points , 8 rebounds 4 assists

So good to see Holmes playing with a smile on his face again and shooting the ball ...hope this is how he will continue the season .

Reply #334780 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I really like how Holmes has come in at the last minute and embraced a leadership/motivational role out there. You can't say enough about a guy like that who flat-out rebounds the ball, always makes the right pass and sets good screens.

A huge upgrade over Hinder in every department.

Crocs offense doesn't look great outside of the fast break, but IMO they have the longest, most athletic roster in the league, and that should eek them out a few wins while they're treading water trying to get that on-court offensive cohesion.

KR: I'm normally a critic of parts of Mick Cedar's game, but I thought last night he was aggressive in looking to get to the rim and not just camp out at the 3 point line; a big improvement on last season. He finished over contact inside a couple of times, something we've never seen from him before at the NBL level. He's still an enormous defensive liability but the Crocs now have enough elite defensive guards to cover for him.

Eddie Gill crossing up Jamar Wilson and then finishing in the lane over two bigs for the and-1 was pretty special.

Hopefully they don't waste time starting Ben Allen next week. What a waste of space. Seriously, I hate that pretty boy and his whole damn attitude.

Reply #334781 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I have never given Holmes much credit, but credit where credit is due, he played great

Reply #334783 | Report this post

kr  
Years ago

Mick fair call on Cedar, I probably over reacted on that one. He played only 20 min for 5 shots which is a bit low for him, so felt like i did't notice him for large parts of the game.

As for Ben Allen he needs to get some moungrel about him. Learn from mims and Holmes who are agressive, work hard and chase the ball. A rebound would go near Allen and he wouldn't jump and just tip the ball, I think someone needs to tell him he's 6' 11, should be dominating the glass against small Cairns line up.

Reply #334784 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Cairns are going to struggle this year. Their import Warren is useless, and they lack depth at every position.

At one stage last nigt they had George, Williams, Grabau, Dowdell and Rychart on the court at the same time.
I think that shows just how weak their roster is.

Woolpert, I think is a terrific coach. He knows what he is doing and seems to be able to get the best out of his imports (Looks like a great defensive coach as well).

Gill is a great player; Mims is terrific..He hustles every play, rebounds and knocks down open looks.
Blanchfield was terrific was really impressed with him!
When the Crocs get Hinder and Big Red back they will be an extremely balanced team with Legit scoring options at every position - 1(Gill), 2(Crawford), 3(Mims), 4(Hinder), 5(Big Red).

Warren, the Cairns import, has to go.
Wilson played pretty good but I thought he should have been more aggressive considering there were few other scoring options on his team.

Reply #334785 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

MACDUB: Hinder isn't coming back. Probably ever.

Blanchfield is going to be future Boomer. He's only, what, 19? Bright, bright future there.

I much preferred Woolpert's rotations over last week's, and over Gleeson's strategy which used to be: "oh that guys really starting to heat up and find his stroke, we should take him out of the game for a while just in case he scores too many points AND BREAKS THE SCOREBOARD".

Gill dominated the ball a bit on offense, but he played pretty well. Hope he can start facilitating a bit more as he feels out his teammates' games.

Mims & Blanchfield are a two many dunk/block/steal party right there. Love seeing those two guys on the court together: so many stops.

This lineup is just a fast break waiting to happen:

Gill
Crawford
Blanchfield
Mims
Holmes

Reply #334787 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Always been a fan of Jacob just didnt think the 36ers used him very well last year and wasnt surprised to see him do well last night.

Well done to Jacob and i hope you have a great year with the crocs.

Always wondered if we were better off keeping Holmes instead of say Helliwell, but i can see why the change was made as you need to make a few changes each year when you miss the playoffs and are in the bottom 2 for consecutive seasons, given holmes has been there a while and wasnt been used all that well offensively and Helliwell gives us 2 legit Centres, so i can see why they let him go, but am glad to see him still in the NBL and playing well.

Reply #334797 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

I agree Jonno. Both ex Adelaide boys looking good in other programs. If Marty doesn't get some wins this season he'll have serious egg on his face! They seem to be allowed to play...

Reply #334800 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I think its quite obvious I'm not much of a fan of Holmes but it is good to see he is playing well in the first two games and that his jump shot actually elevates above the rim for a change.

Having said that people don't get carried away with those two games. Firstly, he was playing against Dowdell and Rychart both of whom he has played lots against so he would actually have confidence playing against them. Also both of them are probably no more then 6'7. With Cairns being without Loughton, Crosswhite and Hill for most of the game, Cairns resembled an ABA team.

Townsville's next 5 opponents are Perth, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Gold coast, New Zealand whom are obviously much more solid up front. So this will be a better test for Holmes to see where he is at.

The other factor for him is when Schenscher comes back he will probably have to come off the bench. When he came off the bench for Adelaide he would sulk and play accordingly. I think he would have matured by now and would realise that he is playing for his career so he won't have issues coming off the bench.

Reply #334802 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

Crocs were good but it was against Cairns who didnt't have Crosswhite- it was a good win but a better measuring stick of how good the Crocs and Mims and Gill are will be against stronger teams.

Reply #334803 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Agreed, Cairns does resemble an ABA team at present.

However, Holmes seemed genuinely glad to be there, thanking fans and engaging with the crowd. I don't think you can say enough about a rebounder in this league: good rebounding Australian players are few and far between.

His shot is awful -- a flat line drive of a hurl -- but he won't be asked to score for long. Add Schensch (whose type of injury I don't think will bother him after rehab) to this squad and it's top four IMO.

Reply #334808 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

KingJames: Holmes is already coming off the bench for the Crocs...

Reply #334811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Once all on cairns roster is fit Allen might be the odd one out, he just doesn't even look like he should be playing at this level!!!

Struggled at QBL level and is 25 so don't know why they would persist!

Holmes looks good as does Vanderjat (excuse spelling)

Reply #334832 | Report this post

Adelaide  
Years ago

i was at the Crocs game last night and it was amazing how confident Jacob looked throughout the game. When was the last time he scored double figures for Adelaide? So many times i would look at the box scores and he would have less than 5 points (plenty of boards).

Similar story with Brad Hill last night.

To me, the 36ers have been like the Adelaide Crows in the last few years. Lots of potential, but thier gameplan is too structured - and it doesnt allow the players play to thier full potential.

Reply #334834 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

cairns are in trouble,loughton is the biggest problem they have,easy to get rid of the import.

that groin injury could be the end for loughton,he had the entire off season to heal and still no good.

i did hear he got some pretty bad advice on the recovery process and is now paying for it.

how far down the gurgler do they go before fearne has to make a call on that one as well ??

Reply #334837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think gill is worried about the cairns. He is an NBA point guard who has played with and against the best. He is still trying to figure out his new team and when he feels comfortable he will be unstoppable. The crocs will do well this year

Reply #335370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Eddie.

Reply #335384 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:42 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754