If you want certain game promos

If people want their home teams game promoted let me know. Here are some of the ones I have done.

Let me know what people think.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Topic #2659 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

No offence... but I like the ones Isaac does. More depth in the text and the all over layout and thought.

As for the panthers vs sabres... all it looks like is a tiger that you've used MS Paint to draw some "teeth" on and the colour of the background of the 'tiger/sabre' is a completely different colour to that of the main background colour. And you can see the colour difference in the Panther's background and the main one also. A little more effort could go into the first one.

As for the second one, a bit better but still depth of font could be different. I can tell you used Photoshop on this one as you have smudged the face of the tiger (which I think has been smudged too much).

I was just wondering what made you do this? Do you study Multimedia or anything? Or did you just decide you'd have a crack and make some? Or have clubs come to you and asked?

Please read what I wrote as constructive criticism it's in no way meant to offend you, just a few things that could be improved. All in all just download some font packs, learn some more basics along with some more advanced uses of Photoshop and it's capabilities and then get 'photoshopping' :P

Reply #30018 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I thought they were both fantastic and eye catching. I agree with the font needing to be stronger and more prominent in the 2nd one, but thats neither here nor there. Overall its a great effort and will serve this forum well as promos for these games. I wouldn't use the Sabre Cave on its own without including Pasadena so there's no confusion over the venue. Well done "Bring Back The Biff" and good to see some time and effort being put into something that will benefit the games as far as advertising goes and save Isaac some time as well.

Reply #30022 | Report this post

Pure Baller  
Years ago

Bring back the biff, Kudos to you for a great job!
Can you do some Rockets promos?

Reply #30027 | Report this post

As for the font on the second and the sabre on the I agree that they were not good enough. As for the face being too smudged, someone explain how else you could make the flames licker over the tiger. By the way someone talked about downloading a fonts pack - from where?????

Anyway thanks for the replies and I will attempt a rockets one next week. As for way I'm doing it. Just a fan of multimedia and like to try things. And yes I'm using photoshop as the first reply noticed.

Reply #30030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok as for the smudging I would try more a fade into the flames by using the eraser at a different opacity. If you do this it's better to save the file as a .gif as you don't lose any of the "half colours". .jpg's seem to like the more full colours so you can never get a good blend unless you use a colour blend. Just an idea.

For different fonts try http://www.1001freefonts.com and simply save the file to your then open up photoshop and the font should be there to select.

Need any help just keep asking questions, it's the best way to learn.

Reply #30037 | Report this post

Thanks, will give that a try

Reply #30043 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:31 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754