Anonymous
Years ago

Sacked coach

West Adelaide's under 16 coach was dismissed of his position after gaining ABL coaching position at North,now is this a standard practice most clubs would do in this situation or is it something unusual?

Topic #26592 | Report this topic

Rocket  
Years ago

sacked? or told to make a choice between 2 Clubs that he coached? His choice was North..

Reply #334935 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

plenty of coaches have coached at two clubs, at different levels.

comes down to the clubs interpritation on conflict or not.

Reply #334950 | Report this post

Ex JDO  
Years ago

Wrong choice?

Reply #334954 | Report this post

Mimas 29  
Years ago

who is the coach ??
or who now coaching north ABA ?

Reply #334955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The same thing happened to Willie Jennette at Woodville when he got the Tigers senior womens coaching job.

Reply #334956 | Report this post

anony  
Years ago

So want fingers in 2 pies - Cant have people with conflict of interests can we ? Might i suggest if you look here and there are plenty of coaches administators even presidents with foot in 2 camps.Basketball is too small in this town to be so precious. Clubs are even having junior belonging to another club playing for them - its magic but it real.
Clubs make their decisions based on their best interest and thats what drives the consideration

Reply #334966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He has been at North for several years so I don't know what has changed

Reply #334992 | Report this post

baby eagle  
Years ago

Wasn't Corey McLean co-coaching Norths NBA team this year?There must be more to the story,whatever is going on he is a massive loss to Wests girls program.

Reply #334999 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Im sure North will welcome the coach and give him a gig coaching a junior age group as well if he wants it. West Adelaide are the losers in this, lots of people out their with alliances to 2 clubs, some even 3. You got to get over it, Adelaide is small and if someone is prepared to volunteeer at 2 clubs good luck to them I say.

Reply #335010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So he is coaching the ABL women at North, seriously will be out of his depth.

Reply #335016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Men

Reply #335018 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even worse then....

Reply #335035 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure if head coach or assistant as he was to Tracy but if my memory is right he led the U23/1 men to a GF win over a Scott Butler coached Sturt team.

Reply #335044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will this lead to an exodus of players from the port?There must be a lot of players that will follow their messiah!Parents are already spewing chips,the genie has been truly let out of the bottle .Maybe now Woodville will get some ripper players knocking at the entrance at St Clair?

Reply #335140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is coaching Woodville's 16s and what has this guy acheived as a coach?

Reply #335141 | Report this post

Rabbit48  
Years ago

I doubt it the ones that would move are to "west" to move and any others i doubt they'll care about

Reply #335150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

get over yourself West. The man chose North. He wasn't sacked. He chose another Club over yours.Can the idiot Anon 5010 tell me the names of individuals involved in coaching at 3 different District Clubs?

Reply #335151 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

alliances to 2 clubs, some even 3 - YEAH YOUR THE IDIOT, read what it says - alliances to 2 possibly 3 clubs, know a couple of families with 3 kids all at different clubs, also know a couple of coaches that have coached at 2 different clubs. Coaches at one club, kids at another - get over yourself Wanker!

Reply #335156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you have just contradicted yourself. I couldn't care less if your chidren with 5 different mothers all play for different Clubs. Its not what this thread is discussing.It is about a COACH involved with 2 different Clubs. One at Senior level the other at Juniors. That could possibly be a conflict of interest. If you can't fathom the possibility of that not being acceptable to a District Club ask one of your kid's Mums to explain it to you.Would hate to use the word 'wanker'. Its so Port Adelaide.

Reply #335162 | Report this post

Interested  
Years ago

Im confused how is it "so port adelaide"

Reply #335165 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Gee Im sure Anony made this comment "So want fingers in 2 pies - Cant have people with conflict of interests can we ? Might i suggest if you look here and there are plenty of coaches administators even presidents with foot in 2 camps.Basketball is too small in this town to be so precious. Clubs are even having junior belonging to another club playing for them - its magic but it real.
Clubs make their decisions based on their best interest and thats what drives the consideration"

the thread is not wholly soley about the sacked coach, it is about being able to be involved with more than one club and people suggesting that it does happen, on many levels not just coaching, so get off your high horse bucko and stop being a nasty piece of shit and sticking it to the good people of the port and west adelaide.

Reply #335177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Corey coached my daughter last year and was in tears when he told the girls he was leaving,he wasn't even allowed to hold the last training session as he must have been told to leave. Not to mention my daughter was crying her eyes out in the car on the way home.Then the kids were told to choose either to leave or keep playing in a very rude fashion-now isn't that just nice!

Reply #335183 | Report this post

BJ  
Years ago

U-16s SHIT LEAGUE WHOI CARES.

Reply #335191 | Report this post

SW  
Years ago

should clear up the misunderstanding...Corey was given the opportunity to coach that last session...give him some credit..was gutsy of him to front and even address the girls with such dignity...give the Club some credit as well for allowing him to do that...girls were also given the option to continue training or not..under the circumstances thought that was the right thing to do.It certainly wasn't said in a rude way...don't know why you would think that?

Reply #335201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SOunds like he more interested in his own coaching rather than the girls.. Overrated anyway. I mean what coach at junior level has someone put a chair out for him in timeouts to sit on.

Reply #335205 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

"put a chair out at timeouts" WTF?
What next- a Throne?

Reply #335207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Overrated" is your opinion. There are many more knowledgable people who respect his commitment and dedication to improving juniors be they players or coaches.

I guess in Australia when people start attacking you and your skills you know that you are good in what you do.

West's loss = North's gain

Reply #335208 | Report this post

Good work  
Years ago

Hey Hangin Round great comment considering you are on the executive committee at West. Keep the professionalism at West at a great standard Darrell!

Reply #335211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WHat has he actually acheived? Out of his depth doing senior men. Perhaps it was more a move to get him into the juniors.

Reply #335218 | Report this post

SW  
Years ago

coached the U23 men to a flag...suppose that doesn't count in your book though?

Reply #335224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's it?

Reply #335225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was allowed by West to stay even with the gig at North ,but under the agreement that he had to oversee all under sixteen girls teams that is div1/2/2teams in div3.That was to much on his plate so he declined the offer.

Reply #335233 | Report this post

Callisto 66  
Years ago

i personally think it was miscommunication from the club and from corey. Both didnt let the other know what their intentions were, as much as the club is going to miss him they did what they believed was best and now the club needs to move on.

BTW the chair during time outs is a smart thing i hate leaning down during timeouts and i believe it was the team manager who suggested it not corey

Reply #335236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shit happens,now its time to move on.West will fill the position easily with someone else.As for Corey ;thanks for the years of service and good luck with your new team/or teams.Must admit it would be weird if he took up the under 16D1 at Rockets.

Reply #335241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Leaning down for 45 seconds to talk to players, how precious are you?

Reply #335242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He won't get the 16 Div 1 girls at North, that is for sure.

Reply #335244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you are going to stay,stay if not i don't want parents bitching about it later(Bearcat quote)!

Reply #335251 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lyn holland still secretary at woodville and coaching at forestville

Reply #335257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What the hell has that got to do with the topic.FYI Barry Mansfield of the Rockets is the treasurer of the club and the best coach in Adelaide!

Reply #335265 | Report this post

Shameful  
Years ago

Sending a text message to inform a long serving much loved and respected coach of a change of position is shameful West Adelaide. West knew all along Corey was in line for a coaching position at a North so to say it was miscommunication on Corey's part is I'll informed.

Good luck to Corey I know that a lot of people at West will miss you and your coaching. Lucky North I say and shame on West - idiots!

Reply #335283 | Report this post

Shameful  
Years ago

Sending a text message to inform a long serving much loved and respected coach of a change of position is shameful West Adelaide. West knew all along Corey was in line for a coaching position at a North so to say it was miscommunication on Corey's part is I'll informed.

Good luck to Corey I know that a lot of people at West will miss you and your coaching. Lucky North I say and shame on West - idiots!

Reply #335284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha barry mansfield. treasurer, aba coach and parent all in one!!

Reply #335287 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OK nobody that i know said anything about this being done by text-now that's a 100% pure class. TRULY SHAMEFUL.

Reply #335298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People should let the dust settle and see if the new coach ( As he stated the best person for the job) makes the finals

Reply #335310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Drop a Nuclear bomb on a city,the dust will clear but it wont be the same afterwards.

Reply #335315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The new coach has had a hidden agenda from the start to shaft Corey, he who lives by the sword shall also ... by the sword!

Reply #335317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who is the new coach?

Reply #335319 | Report this post

SW  
Years ago

any one willing to cease to hide behind the anonymity of this forum and actually bother to find out ALL the facts behind this decision is welcome to call me any time.Or just continue to take cheap shots and run down the Club. That's the only truly shameful thing here.

Reply #335320 | Report this post

chief  
Years ago

can you text me all the facts seems the West way...

Reply #335321 | Report this post

lolly pop stick  
Years ago

could he choke on his lollipop stick he so dearly loves!

Reply #335326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Corey's assistant staying on with the club or has he decided to leave also? I believe the assistant was/is old time West and may hold the key to any success if he has a voice or is even staying

Looking in from the outside it seems this whole situation has been poorly handled and a respected coach lost to the club. This would not be the first time for basketball in SA, all clubs would have their stories. There are only a few that would truly know the situation. Is there something we don't know about in Bearcat land?

Reply #335328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ET TU BRUTE/YOU TO BRUTUS is all Corey should be saying to himself as he is taking the knife out of his back,in referral to the new coach in the making not the caretaker pretending not to know who to appoint in the position.Good Hollywood job so far,maybe even an Oscar performance?Tank should tell West to piss off after what was done here,that is if him & Corey were ever friends?How deep we have to dig to uncover a rotting stench sometimes.SW will it be pistols or swords,sounds like a duel to me -get off your high horse and stop lying to the parents of this team.Remember the people should not be afraid of the ruling class,but they should fear the people.Revolutions are going on all around us and conspirators are the first to be trimmed in times like these.

Reply #335338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WHO AM I?Tried to get job coaching under 14 team at NABC.Then tried at WW.When declined both went to WAB waited for a year and how convenient now the coach has being shown the door i will help this poor struggling club in its hour of need, because that's the person that i am.Hoops is our wiki leaks so everybody remember this powerful tool in the future.Long live ISSAC for giving this to the people.Sometimes the truth hurts so good,yeah baby baby hurts so good.

Reply #335341 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are we talking about the new assistant to Andrew N - give you a hint (Wheels are motion). Because that's a whole new story.

Reply #335373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We had this new coach, coaching the same girls previously and finished in the bottom 3, when the side was clearly a top 4 side, so why do we have to waste our money and season again!

Reply #335374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We had this new coach, coaching the same girls previously and finished in the bottom 3, when the side was clearly a top 4 side, so why do we have to waste our money and season again!

Reply #335379 | Report this post

CP3  
Years ago

This topic is a complete waste of space! Who gives a crap about Corey's situation. What ever club Corey ends up at I truly hope that he will stop the practice of talking junk/trash to the opposition players whilst the game is in progress. As a coach you should be role modelling good behaviour especially when you're coaching 14 to 15 year old girls. Wake up Corey & stop thinking you're a Gangsta Coach!

Reply #335393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

here here CP3 you are right on -

Reply #335401 | Report this post

Shameful  
Years ago

What a crock! Well done West way to treat a great bloke, great coach and a person who cared a great deal about your club. Now open him up to this viscous lies and false truths and drag his name through the mud on a forum - even the West executive are getting in on it. Talking trash to junior players or being a gangsta coach what crap - much more respectable to hide behind alias names and throw stones.

I am a good mate of Corey's and he may come across as tough asshole when he coaches (and he will admit that too) he is a massive softy at heart and all this is getting to him. To hear a guy I've known since primary school, who's has has eat, slept lived basketball that whole time say to me 'basketball is loosing it's shine' and start thinking what else he could do with his time hurts.

His mistake was he tried to please everyone, North boys wanted him back, West girls wanted him back. He was so torn and the people close to him saw that. He couldn't leave the west kids and he couldn't leave the North boys - that's him he's so loyal he's almost dumb!

All these people who have issue with him go talk to him about it he will listen and take what you say on board but stop all this shit - both sides!

Reply #335410 | Report this post

westbearcub  
Years ago

if im not wrong shameful there has only been one executive member who has commented so far (and he hasnt had a go at any 16 girls or called anyone a gangsta coach) and i think he telling people to give him a call. Why dont you do that obviously you have a problem and rather then reflecting the club badly by having shots about it on here you can have a civilised conversation with him, you arent doing west or yourself any favours by complaing on here.

Im also a mate of corey's and he made his decision as west made theres now is the time to move on and try to make things better so this doesnt happen again

Be a part of the solution, not the problem

Reply #335415 | Report this post

Shameful  
Years ago

I'm referring to the snide remark Hangin Round made, he also is an executive of west committee. What the solution to this? The damage is done, the hurt has been dealt. Club handled it extremely badly that's not a pot shot that's a fact. I'm more upset with the fact people are taking this chance to stick the boots into Core!

Seems West are now encouraging open lines of communication so maybe the West exec should actually pick up the phone themselves and actually call Corey and give him the full story and whole truth. I've read the text message really says nothing but take North job vacate West. The only person Corey has spoken to on exec is someone he is extremely close to and he is keeping his cards close to his chest bcos he is stuck between being a mate and exec.

I don't need to hear the whole truth but I think Corey derserves to.

Reply #335418 | Report this post

Shameful  
Years ago

And u talk about Corey making a decision he wasnt able to because he actually received the text message after he had taken the North position thinking he could do both again as he had for 3yrs! Too late couldn't go back then!

Personally think he would of been at West today if he knew West positions weeks ago - his heart would of won.

Reply #335419 | Report this post

westbearcub  
Years ago

and im back to be apart of the solution rather then the problem.
there is nothing we can do about it now whats done is done but what you can do is help to make sure this doesnt happen again in the future
get off the sidelines stop sniping and HELP!!!

Reply #335425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

get a room guys

Reply #335428 | Report this post

Shameful  
Years ago

I'm not sniping my friend! If you read my post I said this needs to stop! Especially people attacking Corey!

Does West want help? Here it is... Use a telephone to call (not text) members of your club if an issue arises and your position on a topic changes - there is your solution!

Core's not upset by the decision he has been hurt by the timing and the way the decision was delivered.

Maybe as Corey's mate you should give him a buzz and see how he is going! I'm proud of the kid because he is hurt and sad, feels guilty the girls loose a coach and he has just taken it in on the chin and stayed out of all this BS.

Reply #335430 | Report this post

westbearcub  
Years ago

and thats what im saying rather then you saying west should do this west should do that, do something you are apart of this club as much as anyone else if you want to make a difference then DO SOMETHING

Reply #335432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hmmm.....time to call in housekeeping. A lot of laundry in the air, and it all seems dirty......

Reply #335436 | Report this post

Shameful  
Years ago

Mate I'm not part of the club, I'm not part of any basketball club. I only follow basketball because when you hang around Corey he gives you no choice but to fall for the game because of his passion for the game - a passion I have seen diminish the last week.

He has seen all this, he told me about all this forum stuff and some of the things people have said and he hates it. He knows who some people are on here that's how I know. He honestly just wishes it was all handled differently.

Reply #335439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

knock knock "housekeeping" do you have any dirty laundry that needs cleaning up and out

Reply #335441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is better than the SOuthern threads!

Reply #335451 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

maybe a bit of MAGIC will fix - seems magic is always the solution or is that just a figment

Reply #335490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boy has everybody been duped here,oh well the WHEELS are truly in motion now.Did Saddam really have weapons of mass destruction or was it just as bullshit as all this above.Wake up everybody!Gimli from LORD OF THE RINGS would do anything to help his precious also.nudge/nudge wink wink!

Reply #335505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely one of the ABA girls could step in and take the coaching role for the girls.At least that would stop all these nasty rumors going around.

Reply #335613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So who is coaching them tonight?

Reply #335627 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Andrzej Nowak & GIMLI!

Reply #335672 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

who is GIMLI

Reply #335685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GIMLI is the protector of the ring bearer-the ring being the precious item that everybody would do anything for,as important as coaching your own genetically manufactured human offspring.Sit and watch he will reveal himself to the masses! Strategically maybe not tonight though.

Reply #335690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Everyone should leave Corey alone I had him as a coach in the past at west and he is a top bloke, He has put a lot of work into our club but he did not have the opportunity to move higher up in coaching, so everyone should respect his decision. I you were playing div u23 div 2 at a club and you had an opportunity to play div 1 23s and possibly aba it is an easy decision

Reply #335882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does GIMLI=DAVID?

Reply #336104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Correct and pulling buffalo bob's strings

Reply #336209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe we have a conflict of interest going on here? Isn't that why Corey was axed?Other div 1 parents must be steaming between the ears,oh yeah here is some advice-get your girls to suck up to the daughter & you will gain favor with the coach,or go for the double whammy and kiss his arse also!Dont do any and youse are doomed!

Reply #336419 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coach the team this year/next+under 18 group in 2 years-gravy train for me & my family!

Reply #336428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mc hammer;CANT TOUCH THIS!

Reply #336429 | Report this post

missed out  
Years ago

wow

Reply #336434 | Report this post

missed out  
Years ago

on a more happy note great to see damien weeks back and coaching and in a very even comp. Positive move from forestville for sure.

Reply #336435 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One thing that was evident in Fridays game was that a certain player was way out of place the whole game,holy molly batman.

Reply #336462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The appointment of coaches has been made if you don't like leave with your daughter there is no room at West for this type of BS I am sure warriors would take you

Reply #336476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't, have played a game already and not allowed to move clubs during a season. Hope things improve by winter season

Reply #336477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Then stop complaining, put up or shut up

Reply #336489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We will!!

Reply #336490 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

What junior team is Corey coaching at North?

Reply #336491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think he is coaching U23/1 Men and Assistant ABL coach.

West won't appreciate what they had until it is gone. I am sure North would love him to be involved with juniors but that is his decision.

Reply #336505 | Report this post

Rocket  
Years ago

blah blah blah.Maybe its time for everybody to just shut the &*(# up and move on. I know Corey has.West Adelaide has as well. Move on and support new coaches or get your ass out to North and support Corey.Just stop your moaning.

Reply #336514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just imagine the fuss if a good coach got sacked

Reply #336519 | Report this post

anonny  
Years ago

Where has Boti gone?

Reply #336533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Every one just support the current coaches, if you can't leave and make waves at another club or when the next season rolls along put your name up to coach, I am sure you THINK you can do a better job,

Reply #336540 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

Not just about loosing a good coach, and anon the fuss shows he is a good coach but it's the character and personality West will miss the most.

Reply #336548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The problem is that the appointment of coaches was already made behind the old ones back,you seriously don't think people love backstabbers.Now about the put up or shut up be prepared to have a very small div 1 team for the winter season,who the F--- do you think you are to talk to people like that!This has only stirred problems for my daughters team and whoever made the decision didn't think about us at all. Woodville just might have people knocking at st clairs door soon.The entire div 2 team will have a chance for promotion come winter!

Reply #336551 | Report this post

rocket  
Years ago

Excellent news...if it stops you talking crap can you move to Woodville now. They are in dire need of someone of your obvious calibre. Quit your moaning and leave West

Reply #336564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wait a minute didn't the guy coach at Woodville what if we move over & he comes back-aaaahhhhh what a nightmare scenario!

Reply #336592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey Rocket is that you Corey baby?

Reply #336593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go now I am sure the club will allow you to go they might even pack your bags

Reply #336600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This last comment sounds like pure arrogance,does anybody care if the best players leave-no,good club!

Reply #336608 | Report this post

Westbearcub  
Years ago

The problem is Corey has left nothing we can do now its all over. But people just keep whining about and not to the club where the might get answers on why he got asked to leave-NO- they are on here sniping behind a hidden alias, it's time to move on and give the new coach a chance. If you still have a problem then go through the proper channels

Reply #336616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

north and wests know about him but he a mystery little boy to world at large

Reply #336634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I do not know whether the new guy is a good coach or not,but how the hell is he going to show players what to do?Ball skills wise this is a bad idea,and the fact that he is coaching his own daughter comes with the package not something people look upon lightly.In my past i have always seen favoritism in these matters something the club does not obviously care about.Must be nice to be on the gravy train(Nick Xenophon).

Reply #336716 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Give the guy a chance or are you worriedvypur precious daughter might not get game time

Reply #336732 | Report this post

Cat  
Years ago

Mr Gravy train you obviously don't have a clue. This supposed coach that you are carping on about is not coaching his daughters team. Get the facts before you shoot your mouth off. And the Club doesn't obviously care about what? More BS from the ill-informed.

Reply #336797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To CAT-already asked about the above at Woodville & believe me if that is to go by i am very worried,if you do not understand what i meant by other comments maybe your IQ is not up to scratch ask a friend maybe they will understand.As for him not coaching the team yeah wright pull the other one,time will reveal all .

Reply #336808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And yes my daughter is precious to me or is that reserved for others only,playing in div 1 and getting less game time than somebody worse than yourself is total bull!

Reply #336809 | Report this post

Vodka 93  
Years ago

Obviously your opinon that the other kid getting court time is worse.

Reply #336810 | Report this post

Pallas94  
Years ago

Anyone else see the irony of post #808 suggesting someone else's IQ is not up to scratch? Funny stuff.

Reply #336811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now which part of the club doesn't care about loosing players didn't you get?

Reply #336823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would have talked to someone about the above but when told to leave or shut up or stay and no bitching that was the end of that option.

Reply #336825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who the f@@@ does he think he is, then tells the girls that he is the best person for the job, what is his credentials anyway, plus intensity at training has dropped to what they had been getting

Reply #336827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A one eyed person is king in the land of the blind!

Reply #336828 | Report this post

Chance  
Years ago

I believe the AGM is coming up soon and "all"
positions are declared vacant.
What a great opportunity for those who want to internally air
their dirty laundry to state their case and
do something positive instead of stir shit.
If you don't have the time to commit to doing
something positive for your club, what about
asking how you can help to make the club better??
There are other opportunities such as Age Group
Co-ord or JLG member where your voice will
be heard and you can do something positive
for your daughter instead of trying to degrade the club
You are supposed to be a "supporter" of!
There are avenues internally to air your grievances, so
if you don't feel comfortable with these, perhaps
consult your child as to whether she/he would
like to follow these, or whether your child is embarrassed
by your continued anonymous actions
PS- this "title" has gone on too long and should be
re-named to "departed coach" as nobody was sacked as
far as I hear, but just an unfortunate conflict of
interest.
Get over it and support your kids please

Reply #336835 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Something more is going on as Corey hasn't coached the north 23s this season? Pero Vasiljevic has been doing them.

Reply #336857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If i volunteer to be a JOG or age group coordinator do i get the perks others had before, probably not because i am not prepared for any arse kissing as some.And the only thing that would happen at the AGM would be a massive argument or a brawl so that isn't an option..

Reply #336883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The above is probably true but unfortunately that is the case in most sporting clubs,schools workplaces, that's just the nature of people.Read Corey's Facebook page and you will see that he did not leave by skipping to his car & clicking his heels whilst singing a happy tune,but isn't that what some would want us to believe!

Reply #336884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If talking to the club hierarchy is all that's needed for a solution then GIMLI would still be at Woodville not here now.And that's somebody who coached there;an ant can not take on an elephant.

Reply #336886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

there isn't anyone left at woodville to coach

Reply #336890 | Report this post

hometruth  
Years ago

so a JLG position is all about arse kissing not at all about helping scores of kids becoming better basketballers and giving up a helluva lotta time to facilitate that? And not willing to step forward at an AGM is because a brawl is going to break out so you can't attend?
Or perhaps the more likely truth is that its so much easier to not help,be lazy,let others give up there time,give you the opportunity to line up the very people willing to give up there time freely to help YOUR daughter.
You are a real class act.
Continue the gutless sniping and pathetic excuses to not actually step forward and be part of the solution.

Reply #336891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If being part of the solution is letting coaches go by sms-good on ya,i don't want to have nothing to do with that.And i didn't say all JLGS are in it for the perks,get real what will you tell me next that all politicians are at their job for the love of the people.My sniping is only directed at lowlifes who recognize themselves very easily when they read this.There are a lot of honorable well meaning people holding those positions .Do not generalize one sentence and come to conclusions like the above.

Reply #336894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow after reading all this i understand why a whole lot of players left and went to play over at Western Magic.

Reply #336899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We should appoint the big Russian Mike Kazimour as he coached this team 2 years ago and just lost the final.This year he is coaching the shortest Bearcat under 14s team in history!Give us king Michael.

Reply #337000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it just me or does anybody else notice how hot some of the mums are down at the port -MILF is the correct word i believe!Western suburbs beauties with long legs.

Reply #337056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have watched this ping pong match and not being from west can only shake my head in disbelief

those arguing either way whomever you maybe and how ever entitled to think you are to vent or defend think about this, every time you reply you give your opposite number the right to want to have the last word.

Stop tearing yourselves apart and making a situation doubly worse.

End it now - say no more

Reply #337058 | Report this post

Real Rocket  
Years ago

Can so-called 'rocket' please use a different name - I have been use 'Rocket' for about 3 years now, and have rather different views and attitudes to the aforementioned.

Reply #337059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West Adelaide bought this entire episode on themselves in the manner in which this all seemed to be handled. Too much to the story for some people to not have some very dirty hands. Like the coaching director is now a SASI coach and maybe needed to be coaching Div 1 for that position?

Reply #337067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SASI coach means nothing, i am undefeated against SASI coaches and state coaches!!!!

Reply #337070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well done... My Point was he was not a Div 1 coach until all this happened and now he is! Everyone knows he can't coach!

Reply #337071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the sacked guy was so good they would have kept him

Reply #337072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West have a history of burning good coaches... Rick Castle an example. Think you'll find this guy was pretty good and West people did want to keep him. Just too many hidden agendas and the north situation made him the best target!

Reply #337073 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I'm not across any of the details of exactly what happened with Corey, but I know that he is one of the better junior coaches I've seen in my time involved in basketball (22+ years).

Ever seen an under 10 team run multiple offensive sets, or understand the reason why ball movement and team defence is so important? Ever seen under 10's take pride in boxing out? That's what Corey brings to junior coaching.

Any coiach that has had the pleasure of inheriting teams that Corey has coached at the junior level knows what I'm talking about.

Sad to hear that he's questioning whether to stay involved in the game. Hard to name anyone who has volunteered so much time to the game and the club over the last 10 years as a coach, and as a player prior to that.

Also agree with the Rick Castle comment - one of the best coaches I've played for, but didn't fit the mould. Coincidentally, Rick coached myself and Corey in u/20's. Both Corey and Rick have an unhealthy love of Dennis Rodman - maybe that's the problem!

Reply #337077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sounds like they can't work themselves out according to all this balone (and I mean the pps syndrome), probably couldn't organize a r--t in a wood yard most who have posted to fulfill their own little agendas.

Reply #337078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doc, giving a mate a reference probably doesn't help.

Reply #337089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now did my eyes deceive me or did i spot Corey at the port today?Maybe he cant stay away from the sexy mothers either.I wonder if he counts me as one of them?

Reply #337094 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GO WESTIES!!!!!!!!!

Reply #337095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get today tonight to cover this story and see who is bulshitting in the end!

Reply #337099 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Anon - wasn't aware it was a job interview. Just trying to bring the discussion back to what Corey brings to the game.

I'm not one to post anything that I'm not prepared to stand behind. I'm sure that there plenty of former players and their parents that agree with what I posted.

Reply #337100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Look we have already established that Cory rocks and that he will be sorely missed at bearcatland by the under 16 girls. Getting more info on how great of a guy he is only burns the guilty of this ugly deed put upon him with no fault of his own. Didn't Judas in the bible hang himself in the end?What awaits the ones in question is yet to be seen.A fragile ecosystem exists down port way now,but the North shall thrive because of our loss.

Reply #337102 | Report this post

JonT  
Years ago

Having watched my daughter play against one of Corey's under 10's teams I completely agree with the doctor's comments

Reply #337103 | Report this post

Chance  
Years ago

Doctor- you have not been involved at West for a long time and your memories are totally correct, however you are not aware of what has happened recently, so while your opinions are well respected, please get all facts together first.
I don't believe credentials were ever questioned, but perhaps principles.
Hope you get back to support the club when next back in Adelaide

Reply #337106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The facts seem to be altering? Thought it was a time commitment issue? Now It's principles? These facts seem to have more holes than swish cheese!

Reply #337107 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Read my posts - I stated that I had no knowledge of the current situation, just supporting a mate and giving support to Coreys dedication and passion for coaching. Whatever has happened, he's no longer at the club and it's a huge loss to the junior program.

Reply #337113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Time to get the fire hoses out......

Reply #337122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he was such a great coach why did he move out of Under 10s when they had some very ordinary groups coming through? Perhaps he is a coach that only coaches great teams to go with his ego. Seriously Under 10s boxing out? give me a break and yes I saw his teams back in Under 10s... And I could list plenty of coaches that have given more than what he has a coach and don't get the recognition he his is seeking.

Reply #337126 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He took over the u10s when it was a shambles, took a 16s team last year that previously hadn't won much? When he took u10s he promised 3yrs to West - he did 3yrs like he said he would! Not sure where it says the bloke is searching for recognition for anything? Sick to death of people sniping Corey let this whole thing die!

Reply #337133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you'll find Corey just wanted a little bit more notice on West's changed stance and a phone conversation.... That's it!

Reply #337137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doctor- I have been coached as a junior by Corey and I strongly agree with you, he was a very good coach, sad to see him leave West

Reply #337138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's just all agree that Corey should be coaching the 36 ers and the lakers and that he was very unlucky not to get the boomers job, that he drives a rolls and drinks champagne out of wench's shoes and is positively, absolutely the best coach in the world bar none.

Reply #337153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Took their 16s to something better with a couple of recruits including a state player, so really not his coaching and also with his tens, he just happened to move out of there and leave the ten program in a shambles. Didn't seem to recruit or leave a program in good condition for the next person to take over.

Reply #337159 | Report this post

growler  
Years ago

who recruits under 10's seriously???????

Reply #337170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The top clubs do. Recruit doesn't mean poach, means looking for talented kids.

Reply #337184 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

isn't that on the club to find kids for the volunteer coaches to just coach? so the position of u10s coach also makes you jdo?

Reply #337186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Frozen planet is on tonight on 9,there also you will see proud no neck emperor penguins waddling around . Personally i think they are overrated because of their big egos.

Reply #337193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forget the fire hoses i think i see Elvis flying over(aerial water bomber).The shark spotters have noticed gatherings down by the port,be careful they are circling easy prey.

Reply #337222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Today is all souls /spirits day a day to remember the dead RIP Bearcats,yesterday was all saints day & i lit a candle for our st Corey!

Reply #337224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At my sons old club in Melbourne there was a coach who was let go by SMS ,the comity member that sent it got the living crap beaten out of him in the city a few weeks later. coincidence,i don't think so.

Reply #337270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought Mike K was Dutch!And yes he would be a damn good option for coaching this team.

Reply #337271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Corey just cant stay away from the port why was he there today coaching people isn't this whole thread about him leaving but still coaching at port?

Reply #339353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MYOB

Reply #339354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can shaft the boy out of the port but you can't take the port out of the boy!

Reply #339445 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:35 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754