anon
Years ago

Sydney to release an import shortly

Don't know which one it is yet, my guess is not Jerai Grant. But Sydney have offered a spot to an American point guard who has recently played in europe. Apparently he was drafted but was not signed. I'll get more details tonight.

Topic #26611 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another point guard? Surely this can't be true?

Reply #335213 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Probably is tru
Moose the goose

Reply #335214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wow i thought aaron bruce was doing ok actually. They play Martin at the 2 now by the looks of things

Reply #335215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It would have to be that hack they have coming off the bench! he looks well out of his depth.

Reply #335216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They need a swingman FFS. Bruce has been as good as anyone and Madgen is only going to get better as he gets fit, why would you want another guard?

I hope this isnt true as I will lose all faith in the Kings if it is.

Reply #335217 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Bruce isn't the reason the Kings are loosing

Reply #335220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

has to be Ratzsch

Reply #335223 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

imo Sydney guards are their weakness. they don't seem to be able to get the ball inside and are inconsistent shooters, not to mention some of them seem to have tendency to force up bad shots and not able to handle pressure. having watched them live and on tv, point guard spot is the weakness to me.

Kazough (unsure spelling) and Grant are big presence down there Ratzsch probably don't belong there as an import. if they can acquire a high calibre point guard I believe they'd be a much stronger team.

Reply #335228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ratzsch is well out of his depth at this level, he looks a step slow and lacks atletisim and really plays the same role as Gynes and Ratzch won't get any mins once Dann comes back from injury so why keep him on the roster!

They'd be best serve to get a combo guard like a Ubaka whom can play the 1/2/3 depending on match-ups.

Reply #335229 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Disappointed in what I've seen from Ratzsch.
Looked like he had a really good all round game at HSH, but he hasn't really shown he can do anything in the 2 games so far.
Getting a point guard is useless when they have 3 already. They need a swingman. Basically they need what Ratzsch was supposed to be.

Reply #335230 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think Ratzsch was only going to ever be a role player. I dont think Sydney would have recruited a guy from Big V/Div 3 in Spain and expected him to be a gun.

I think the problem is they were expecting to have Dann and thought Bose might adjust quicker, but in fairness to him they arent getting him any shots. Being able to play Dann as a mobile PF will open up the floor massively for them, so will a firing Madgen.

Reply #335234 | Report this post

Muzz Buzz  
Years ago

Gilder would actually suit this team especially with AB being able to push it up the floor.

Reply #335237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I dont think Sydney would have recruited a guy from Big V/Div 3 in Spain and expected him to be a gun."

Well...it IS Sydney!

Reply #335239 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

i think the reason Bose hasn't gotten the looks he needed come from the point guard's in capability to draw defenders and find him wide open. when watching the NZ game you'll often see how Sydney point guards would miss an open man and taking a bad shot. although they have 3 pg on the team but they're probably not capable as lead guard.

during the game i was thinking imagine if they had landed Gary Ervin in the offseason, imagine Ervin penetrate and dish to Grant etc. Sydney guards hasn't really been able to do that. unless it's coaching instructions???

Reply #335247 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

The Sydney PG's would get the ball over the half and wait for the team to run their offense and then everyone would just crowd around the top and mostly Bruce would have to create by penetrating but no one would cut with him except for Jerai Grant who benefited from a couple of Bruces dishes in this situation. I'd sack the Coach and Ratzch and take the rest of the team to the pub.

Reply #335248 | Report this post

observer  
Years ago

Rat will go because he hasnt performed so far and bring in point guard to get Kings back to winning again.

Reply #335253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ratzch was solid good in Big V but his number are only comparable to say a Greer this season & Ratzch was running around in the Big V when they still had 48 min games so really in Aussie competition you can't expect anymore they we are currently getting!

It really was a poor decision to get Ratzch he doesn't add anything to this team that isn't already there, a quality swing man/comb guard is required...whom ever picked Ratzch needs to get the flick!

On the Bose issue it often takes a while for returning guards from college to find thier feet as the NBL is a phyiscal legal that is played at a differnet speed from college....lets not forget college is under 24 league with 35sec shot clock so it is mroe mechanical than the NBL!

Reply #335255 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HOMICIDE....

Reply #335258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anyone else think that madgen may become the next gary boodnikoff?

i think they need a 3pt shooting 2 to stretch the D

Reply #335262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

moose is an nbl coach. WOW.

Reply #335269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

awesome for the kings if someone like Andrew Goudelock got the go.

Reply #335272 | Report this post

boss  
Years ago

kyrie irving

Reply #335273 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

homicide tweeted the other day that he is not playing in australia this season. I really expected a team to pick him up when they dumped someone from their first round of imports.

Reply #335275 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Be interesting to see what happens as the player concerned has been told hes safe as of 2 hours ago.

Reply #335279 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Could just be a hoops rumour. It doesnt make sense to boot, but some would say - perhaps unfairly - that might be a reason the Kings would do it!!

I would like to see Patrick Sanders back in place of Ratzsch, but I would also like to see them give the team this weekend to show they can play better before making a decision. Their pre-season and first three quarters against Melbourne were pretty good, they arent nearly as bad as they showed last Saturday.

Reply #335280 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

just got some more information....Both imports are safe for now. However, there have been some "adjustments and clarification of contractural requirements" This means game performances will be reviewed every 3 games. Tally 3 underperformed games and you are out! The Euro point guard is still on the cards, as is a sudanese shot blocker whose profile has gone up of late...interesting. Some things will never change in Sydney.

Reply #335297 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

I haven't seen jerai grant play but from some descriptions he seems to be like chris williams- is this the case?

Reply #335339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NO

Reply #335369 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

I'd hate to see Ratzsh go so soon. He could take a few more games to adjust to the higher prof. level. He seems to me to be another ex-SEABL/Big V import that will stay faithfully around for seasons to come, along the lines of Lowry, Cook, Kelly & Gruber

Reply #335411 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

I know this has been discussed before but I still don't understand how CJ Massingale never had his shot...

Reply #335412 | Report this post

36ers solja  
Years ago

being a betting man, i would think Anatoly Bose is the guy who could go. Doesnt seem to do a hell of a lot even though a mate in america suggests otherwise.

bruce has been a standout this season so far for the kings which is good. it would be just our luck he plays really well and wins the game for sydney tonight and makes us the cellar dweller this week and maybe for the season.

but good on aaron. you work hard you get rewarded unlike with the 36ers.

Reply #335692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

also given that bruce missed a year or two I think he's been awesome

Reply #335697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if moose is a goose whats that make marty

Reply #336449 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:49 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754