Under 18 girls div 1

a lot of players have moved clubs so this year it might be different teams in the finals...whats your thoughts??

Topic #26614 | Report this topic

basketballforlife  
Years ago

forestville!!

Reply #335380 | Report this post

Rocket  
Years ago

You can only hope the dominance of those few clubs is OVER !!!!!

Reply #335988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

woodville couldn't field a team

Reply #336045 | Report this post

basketba  
Years ago

i heard woodville are brining up 16s

Reply #336118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Then they'll need to bring 12's up to the fourteens too.

Reply #336127 | Report this post

F/E  
Years ago

Only one person responsible for the situation Woodville girls program is in and she has jumped ship

Reply #336138 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

There are not enough girls wanting to play basketball in the western suburbs to make 3 Clubs viable. They should all merge and should have merged a couple of years ago - Woodville and Magic would have been a perfect answer to the numbers problem the Woodville now facing- but was effectively campaigned against behind the scenes and blocked by a number of Woodville and Magic Club members.

Reply #336152 | Report this post

BS  
Years ago

F/E that is a load of BS. If it wasnt for that one person, there would never have been a decent Woodville girls program over the past 10+ years. Not one person stood up to give her a hand!! One person alone cant hold fort and expect the club to survive, I would have jumped ship too!

Reply #336161 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Woodville need to seriously look at their girls numbers. This is their current sitution.
12.1 loss to North 49 to 6
12.2 no score to date
12.3 no team
14.1 no team
14.2 no score to date
16.1 loss to North 100 to 25
16.2 no team
16.3 no team
18.1 Forfeit
18.2 no team
This is a very low number of girls playing for Woodville.

Reply #336163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think girls basketball is in trouble in general if clubs do not get off their arse and recruit. Woodville is not the only club that is struggling so I am getting sick of people (magic people), dumping on them. Magics numbers are crap as well and there are concerns with other bigger clubs.

It starts in Under 10s and some clubs numbers there are ordinary. Only 3 clubs have both div 1 and 2, Southern, Sturt and Forestville. Either the rest have only a Div 1 or a Div 1 team playing Div 2. Eastern have none but that is the norm being mainly country.

In 12s both Sturt, Norwood and Forestville have 3+ teams and all others either having only 2 and some out of their depth with Southern getting smacked 100 to 0 in Div 2 according to results.

In 14s is is the same story. I guess Netball is a huge competitor but if basketball clubs can recruit new kids to the sport in their 7 to 9 year olds age group the rest will just happen.

BSA and Clubs do not work hard enough IMO.

And also in defence to Woodville 16 1s they were playing the best team in the comp and they will do that to a few teams.

Reply #336172 | Report this post

Pat Cash  
Years ago

Who cares
Girls sport in general is boring, only some at elite level is worth watching ie Opals, Diamonds

Reply #336177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bs. That is far from the truth. Several people ( coaches) from other clubs who wanted to come to woodville were prevented from doing so and for selfish reasons. I don't hold one person to blame for the mess but at least half the committee who have allowed the situation to go unchallenged and have now annointed another person in multiple roles cloning the previous structure. They need a complete clean out of old heads.

Reply #336180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

re: Under 18 girls div 1
now those people are co ordinators and back on mangement they may not make the same blocking moves but you never know as long as it serves their own cause they are all for it Karma is a bitch baby

Reply #336181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey Pat, I would say the way the sixers are playing they are pretty boring.

Reply #336185 | Report this post

F/E  
Years ago

Tell me why you have lost a lot of girls to other clubs, more recently the best junior to WABC and another to eagles, now tell me who else went their to coach

Reply #336187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who was at the helm and had steered it onto the rocks?

Reply #336188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which coaches were turned away and why? I continue to hear woodville made a poor choice but what were the alternatives?

Reply #336189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville had plenty of choices, one in particular is now coaching his daughter at another club, the list goes on!

Reply #336734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Irony is both woodville and magic are struggling and neither have the committee strength to push both clubs forward. It's probably too late now for both clubs because I couldn't see parents trusting their children to either and they don't have the coaches to attract players.
BSA should fix the mess because neither club offers competition or not charge the real district teams who have to front and play social teams on a good night or take the forfeit on a bad one.

Reply #336743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why did Wdbc so called icon jump ship or was the person pushed, then they have lost about 10 girls to WABC and some to febc , Time for a total clean out of committee at both magic and Wdbc so they join as one,
what's your thought?

Reply #336749 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Did Woodville play last night?

Reply #336752 | Report this post

Years ago

I can recall around 9-10 years ago Woodies had around 3 teams per every girls grade 12/14/16/18 div 1/2 and 3 and at least one team in u10/20s.

8-9 players per team and competing for spots

I am hopeful that those days will return - it will be better for the competition.

Reply #336772 | Report this post

Years ago

sorry that should be 8-9 years ago

Reply #336773 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That could happen if West don't get their sh@t together, unhappy campers in the West at the moment

Reply #336781 | Report this post

Oberon 94  
Years ago

Yes Jack Woodville had 7 girls last night and were competitive till half time , dont know what the final score was though.

Reply #336794 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Good to hear.

The district competition needs 10 good clubs.

Reply #336799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes Woodville are going to gain players from West in the WINTER season one will be my daughter, just look at the crap on Sacked Coach

Reply #336817 | Report this post

Cat  
Years ago

most of which has been written by you, is one thread just not enough for your bitching?

Reply #336845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey anon 336817

check this website

www.iliveinabubbleandlookthrurosecolouredglasses.com

Reply #336914 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:44 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754