Mystro
Years ago

Tigers Vs Breakers Round3

New Zealand head to the cage to take on Mills and the Tigers Saturday night. NZ have started with 3 from 3 on the road including thrashing the Kings by 38 points last round while Mills leads all scorers this season with 23.5 points his team are 1-1 sitting in 6th.
Some interesting match ups in this game.

Wilkinson Vs Tragardh (both players very mobile and capable of shooting the jumper)

Jackson Vs Mills (this will be interesting to say the least)

Bruton Vs Ubaka (will CJ be to slow on D or will Ubaka underestimate CJ's 3point shooting and craftiness)

Pledger Vs Burston (213cm and 113kg up against 211cm and 103kg battling in the paint)

Abercrombie Vs Walker (both very athletic and not scared to attack the rim)

Be a dream start to the season if NZ can get the win taking them to 4-4 but this one won't be easy. Hopefully Patrick Mills will try to win the game by himself and Jackson can force him into bad shots and passes and the Breakers just do what they have been doing by just sharing the ball around on offense and pressuring the ball and getting in the passing lanes on D.

Thoughts and predictions?

Topic #26631 | Report this topic

kobe24  
Years ago

Breakers too strcutured and executeing with ease, im not sold on the Tigers, they have a few 'big names' but Gleeson doesnt seem to know what to do with them. And lets face it, beating the Kings, has turned out to be a pretty obvious win they shouldve gotten anyways.

Breakers will beat them in most areas of this game i think. Should win by 11+

Reply #335514 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Breakers are a great team however I don't think this game will be so easy for them. If any team can beat them (besides Perth) it is the Tigers in Melbourne! Tigers were competitive in every quarter against Perth, they lost everyone however I think they will take lots of confidence out of that game and will be ready to take on the Breakers.

I am going to be different and say Tigers by 5.

Reply #335518 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Would like to see the Breakers lose a game since 4 away wins is pretty much a perfect start and is going to give them a nice buffer come end of season.

But cannot see it happening, New Zealand is just a better team, unless half their line up has an off night its not going to happen. Maybe if Mills and Ubaka shoot like they did in the final quarter of the Sydney game for 4 quarters instead of 1 then the offencive punch might push them to a win.

Side story - would good to see Corletto thump the tigers.

Reply #335528 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

agreed that it would be great to see Corletto have a great game against Melbourne to rub salt in the wound.

Reply #335532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Especially with Gleeson's comments in the past two days. Corletto's response was great.

Reply #335546 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

What were Gleeson's comments?

Reply #335551 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

seems like there's been some word exchange by Corletto and his formal club http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/corletto/story-e6frfglf-1226171485043

Reply #335553 | Report this post

A.W  
Years ago

The one on one matchups look great on paper. But as a team, I think NZ will be far to good.

Expect a pro NZ crowd, with Corletto to chip in with 20 points.

Reply #335556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha good job MW for finding that. Loved this part...

Corletto said he was told in a meeting (on Saturday, August 27) that he was being let go and was free to look elsewhere.

But he could not determine his own future until his wife _ Melbourne Vixen Julie Corletto _ returned from a netball camp almost two weeks later.

"I picked her up at the airport on the Friday night, we spoke about it over the weekend, I tried to call Trevor on the Sunday, twice, he didn't pick up, so I went in on the Monday and spoke to him," he said.

"He had a go at me for being dishonest and disrespectful for not letting him know.

"I said to him `I tried to call you on Sunday, twice, and you didn't pick up' and he said to my face that he saw my name on his phone and he didn't want to pick up, he didn't want to talk to me.

"I find it pretty immature and it's kind of hard for me to let him know that I was thinking about leaving if he didn't want to talk to me."

Reply #335567 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

nice work MW, interesting article.
Melbourne's loss is NZ's gain. Hope he shoots the lights out.

Reply #335618 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think he will get a great reception from the Tiger crowd, they are mostly decent people. Should be a great game, NZ with more talent and a better unit, but Melbourne have quite a few x-factors in their team that could make this very interesting.

Reply #335625 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

If thats true, Trevor Gleeson is a moron is he not? Hope Corletto's influence leads to a Breakers win tonight.

Reply #335656 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:28 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754