anon
Years ago

Bring back Ken Cole!!

Ken Cole is the man, now gather around the mystic candle everybody and will the collective sub-conscious to bring back Ken Cole. Visualize the coach!
Anyone who has ever been coached by Ken will find the above comment funny!

Topic #26665 | Report this topic

thomo  
Years ago

you could also ask the corby's to supply him with a boogy board bag full of weed to as a bonus to entice him back

Reply #336106 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Maybe we need to bring back Pudd Davis, Billy Jones, Mean Al and The Iceman.....

Reply #336110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That sounds pretty good HoldenV8...

Reply #336128 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Jayson Wells!

Reply #336132 | Report this post

observer  
Years ago

Yep Ken Cole or Steve Brehney,both have more basketball brains than all past Sixer coaches.

Reply #336142 | Report this post

KB3  
Years ago

if they are such good coaches why arent they coaching now?

Reply #336143 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

36ers probably couldn't afford Ken Cole. He is just as a successful business man outside Basketball. He has been doing "maximise personal success" speeches at US colleges for years. I think he is a dual citizen. I'm pretty certain he still coaches juniors in the US, I have lost touch over the years. But I agree it would be great to see him coaching in the NBL again.

Reply #336155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ken's best years were with St Kilda, Wests and the 36ers, his subsequent times with Newcastle and sydney were a server disappointment.
The best in his prime, but was some time ago

Reply #336167 | Report this post

ankles  
Years ago

As a former player under the self-proclaimed 'best coach Australia has ever had' I have to agree with the first and last anons (665 and 167).

The thought of sitting through 90-minute post-game team meetings (midway through an undefeated pre-season!) still brings tears to my eyes.

Joey Wright has confirmed the notion that many coaches can win with superior talent, the true eveidence of coaching is who develops under a coach and how well teams do when they are under-manned.

Reply #336175 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Ankles, I played for Ken aswell. Did he ever wear his "Clear Heeled" boots whilst coaching you?
I have vivid merories of the Clear heeled boots with Bear skin coat and massive cowboy hat.
Did you ever see the old man perform his "Ken Cole finger-roll"
The "Ladies" hoop earrings, the post game drinking, the chats with the refs, I miss it all!

Reply #336179 | Report this post

ankles  
Years ago

Saw it al and miss none of it! The 'roll out the ball' practices, the endlessly self-serving 'team meetings'. Not a fan I'm afraid.

Was fascinating for about three weeks.

Reply #336801 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:40 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754