Jack Toft
Years ago

G4: Adelaide 36ers at Perth

This could be a messy one, but there are 10 questions that need to be asked.

1. Can the Sixers exploit the absence of Martin?
2. Do the Sixers need to be more physical and play the man to put Perth off their game?
3. It's Ballinger’s 250th game - can the team make it a good one?
4. As soon as someone is on fire, will they be subbed off?
5. When they’re down, will we see Marty chastise his players, or just draw up a confusing, over complicated plan?
6. Will Marty divide the minutes like a mum divides up a birthday cake to ten kids?
7. Will the Sixers get time to scuba dive off Rottnest?
8. Is the "Catalini Cup" happening?
9. Will it be sponsored by Muzz Buzz?
10. If the Sixers were to replace Marty with an Adelaide legend, are they considering Johnny Haysman?

Topic #26688 | Report this topic

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

1. I doubt the Sixers can exploit any team this season.
2. Yes
3. Doubtful
4. Most likely, so long as we have a coach that thinks he's coaching under twelves.
5. Confusing, over-complicated plan.
6. Does the Pope shit in the woods?
7. ?
8. Not sure, as an aside, while I'm all for honouring Mr. Cattalini, "Cattalini Cup" sounds like something you'd buy at Fasta Pasta or some shit.
9. Not sure, but I sure could go for a coffee right now..
10. I'd prefer them replacing Clarke with a person who's coached NBL before, preferably someone who's coached against some of our players semi-recently and knows how our team is exploited.

Reply #336510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Prediction - Perth by 95 points.

Reply #336525 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Top scorers - Redhage with 78, Lisch with 67.

For us - Darren to top score with 8, Ballinger 7.

Reply #336526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Minutes to spread evenly between all 10 players on the roster, as well as the under 12 kids from the halftime show who will play an even spread of minutes in the second half.

Reply #336528 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

The pathetic west australian newspapers headline for tonight's game is about
the wildcats being ready for the "ambush" by the 36ers! How the heck are the 6ers going to ambush perth!

Reply #336544 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

i prefer a phase competition - so for first 5 rounds cant go up or down the premiership table, so as to assist in structuring next round to have teams appropriately placed.

Reply #336570 | Report this post

billups#1  
Years ago

Is the game on one hd tonight?

Reply #336574 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

While I don't see the Sixers winning I think they could surprise Perth for the following reasons:

* The game is away from Adelaide so there is no pressure on them.
* They are expecting to lose so no pressure
* With No Martin this could help Sixers a lot.
* With Ballinger and Simpson in the line up this will help.

I think we will be competitive for 3 quarters and then get blown out in the 4th to lose by 14

Reply #336591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

one HD 10.25pm

Reply #336596 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Sixers by 5. I hope its worth watching.

Reply #336598 | Report this post

ClownDog  
Years ago

Cool, with the 2.5 hour time difference that's a 9:30 start (Adelaide time). So for once the 10:25 start time on ONE isn't too far from being live. I'd better keep off the internet so I can watch it without spoilers.

Reply #336606 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

"Will the Sixers get time to scuba dive off Rottnest?"

If that went over anyone's head, just refer to the recent shark attack

Reply #336609 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

perth by a comfortable 25-30 point margin, weigh to score 10pts from 45 shots

Reply #336619 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Phil Haines reffing in Perth now too?

Why don't we save the airfare and just give the opposition a 15 point / 5 foul head start?

Reply #336659 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Alright. Switched from live stream to OneHD. Riding the emotional roller coaster. Dare to believe.

Reply #336662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chris warren is shit

Reply #336664 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

As soon as Isaac gets back here, I'm starting either a donation account or an Occupy Hoops movement until the "Ignore Anon" functionality becomes a reality.

Reply #336665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So is Herbert

Reply #336666 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Wildacts don't seem to like it when people hit back. About f'n time.

Reply #336667 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Apart from Simpson's FT%, shooting looks pretty good

Reply #336668 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

6 free throws, possession and ANOTHER bad call on Ballinger?

We better be 15 points better tonight.

Reply #336669 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Seriously, I get the 2 shots for Herbert's foul and the tech for Weigh, but where does the other 2 come from.
Then they go and foul Ballinger on a bullshit call straight after.
Then a bullshit travel.
Then a bullshit charge call and suddenly we go in at the half behind.
Home cooking at its absolute finest.

Reply #336670 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

Both ways these umpires are farkin terrible . And yes Warren is crap .

Reply #336671 | Report this post

rules people  
Years ago

personal foul was shooting foul which followed an us foul and a tech foul = six shot's

come on people

not saying it was fair but the number of free throws was correct imo

Reply #336675 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Home town refs are supposed to be biased. We just biased ours the wrong way.

It's like handing novelty whistles to the Three Stooges, sans the wit.

Reply #336676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now we bring this effort every week. commentators just explained the whole 6 free throws. what a joke!

Reply #336677 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

How can it be a normal foul and an unsportsmanlike foul?

Reply #336679 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Sixers hit the ton

Reply #336680 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I have no idea. When Marty argued it with Haines, it looked like Phil shrugged and basically said he didn't make the call?

Reply #336681 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Sixers by 8.

Can we please bottle it and serve it up next game?

Reply #336682 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Cheers mate, there's some of us watching this on tv.
Use the live stream page if you want to discuss the live game/result.
We have 2 seperate threads to cover the time difference.
(i know the result, but I'm sure there's some who dont).

Reply #336686 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers win!

I love spoiling it ;)

Reply #336689 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

10 36ers hit the court and nine played 10+ minutes. Team had nothing to lose, it seems. No Martin was helpful, I imagine.

If 15 points on 50% is Warren being crap, what was he getting wrong? The 5 turnovers?

Reading any thread without spoilers is pretty optimistic. I think it's fair for Jack to start and use a single game thread. Ideally, the live stream link would've been posted in here.

Reply #336690 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

Yeah

Reply #336691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great call Isaac Warren is a jet. Simpson needs to put some air in his free throws. Good game though. Weigh great game. Balls showed some balls. Crosswell helps out heaps. Herbert Is struggling big time :(.

Reply #336698 | Report this post

wazza69  
Years ago

how is warren crap

Reply #336700 | Report this post

rules people  
Years ago

Hendo the orginal foul was a shooting foul, then redhedge pushed through herbert which did not get called but when herbert reacted by pushing him an unsportsmanlike was called and then they called a tech foul on weigh for swearing and getting involved so there was three fouls all up on Adelaide hence six shots

Reply #336702 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

He's scored 17, 25, 14 and 15 in his 4 games.
That's close to the best return from an import we've had for a long time.
17.75 per game. Equate that to 21.3 for a 48 minute game. Very good numbers if you ask me. Considering how small and physically challenged he is just makes it more impressive.

Reply #336703 | Report this post

wazza69  
Years ago

6'ers might have a shot this season if they can keep this up

Reply #336705 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Can the club make sure Rat10 can attend every game this season. Cover his expenses if necessary.

Reply #336706 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Crosswells impact can't be understated. That was a great game from everyone who hit the hardwood. Don't thick anyone gave them a chance and so glad we were wrong.

Reply #336708 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

warren's first half was poor and the post appeared to be made at half time. clearly he had a very good second half. so overall, a good return.

Reply #336709 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Great game. Genuine intensity from the boys - wouldn't be intimidated.

I won't lie - Ballinger dropping Redhage on his own court when they were buried was my highlight.

Reply #336710 | Report this post

illicit  
Years ago

F@CK YEAH!!!!! crossy to start every game, fkin vet knows how to run the team, MASSIVE WIN

Reply #336711 | Report this post

Coach  
Years ago

Great job Marty..

Kept the faith & rewarded with a huge win...

Reply #336712 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Just finished watching the One HD telecast and it was great to see the team show a lot of guts and determination tonight. They stood up to the Wildcats and showed they might struggle without Damian Martin more than people initially thought.

I have to say I've not been impressed with much of Marty Clarke's coaching but tonight it was good to see him show as much as the players were and what was even better to see was that he seemed to stray from his usual "a player is on a roll therefore he must be subbed out" mentality tonight.

DJ got 31 minutes and was strong all night, though his defense still needs work. I can't see why people are saying Warren is crap as his numbers tell a different story. Sure he's the smallest bloke out there but that doesn't seem to worry him. What a difference Cross makes to the side. With him and Warren running the point we seem to be in good shape. And good to see Steven Weigh finally giving a return for his 35+ minutes a game, 10 rebounds was 3 more than any player on court. And Simpson looked ok tonight, though he seriously needs to work on his foul shooting. One of his shots was so bad it almost hit the front of the rim flat. Get some arc going on your shot Diamon.

Question. Is Darren Ng injured? He only played 3:44 tonight and had nothing on the stat sheet to show he was there other than the minutes. I did see him on court once in the first but that was about it (the guy has skinnier legs than D-Mac)

But when all is said and done, Adelaide now have to show the same against NZ next week that they did tonight against Perth or the long season will continue getting longer.....

Reply #336713 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Well done Clarke you get to keep your job! The umpires didn't make it easy for him. I can't believe how many perth travels they missed in that first half! The umpires had no control on the game.

An unbelievable effort to shoot at 60%!!!

DJ's 22 points (75%) was impressive he can actually produce when he plays 30+ minutes instead of 20 minutes. A few bad early turnovers.

Crosswell was brilliant and the reason we won!

Good to see Clarke playing Ng and Herbert limited minutes. Ng struggles against Perth and Herbert needs no explanation but hopefully he regained some confidence tonight.

Warren's scoring in key parts of the game was also a big factor in the win.

Simpson will do alright but will struggle to find minutes if he continues to be a liability at the line.

You can see Ballinger is getting back to his old self even though he wasn't dominate tonight.

A great win and hopefully its the start of a turn around!

Reply #336714 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Darren's rolled his ankle a little while back - still not 100% I believe.

Reply #336715 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

You know whats amazing about this game...Its not surprising we won with how Clark FINALLY coached the team.

Helliwell was PURELY there for Nevill and took him out of the game..he still sucked but hey his minutes were restricted.

DJ FINALLY played more than 30 mins 31:05. I think most people on this forum have been calling for that to happen for the last 12 months

Ballinger and DJ on the court together, Balls wasnt having his strongest game but gladly gave that role to DJ who relished in it..need this eb and sway between these two every game..good minutes for both and working together.

Crosswell brought alot to the team and I really like the look of both Warren and Crosswell on court, Daly does not need to see any court time for the rest of the season.

Weigh actually made his minutes worth while with 10 rebounds and 16 points.

Herbert is working his ass off in defense but just doesnt look fit or upto scratch right now and really has no offensive flare like he originally brought his first year here.

The problem is Clark did this for a few games last year, its like the pressure gets to him so much he cracks and finally lets the guys play, then after a win he goes back to his methods. Hopefully this year isnt a repeat of last in this respect.

Reply #336717 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

FANTASTIC game from the Sixers. That's the kind of basketball I want to see! Great intensity from both teams and for once us Sixers fans were on the right end of some sweet shooting.

Amazing what a difference a week can make. Last week was so depressing I didn't dare believe we could be competitive with Perth, let alone win so impressively.

Nate Crosswell, that was a great game: penetrated and finished at the basket, broke the press and controlled the tempo brilliantly.

DJ finally broke out with the game winning shooting performance we've been waiting for after his pre-season. Was impressed with the way he played out the game with 4 fouls as well. Didn't react to Robbins attempt to sucker him into a foul either.

Rabbit's sweet shooting in the 3rd was critical as well. Still getting burned in the post by bigger opponents and not as assured with his decision making as Nate, but overall very happy with him. Just the fact that we finally have an import who can shoot is great.

Stevie Weigh Vaughan didn't have as big an impact offensively in the second half, but I thought he set the tone for the Sixers early, playing with a confidence and calm that would have reassured any team mates down on confidence from last week.

Diamon was solid for us again - he's not going to be a big scorer, but he doesn't need to be. I like his rebounding and he has good hands and puts himself in good position to catch and score around the basket. Looks like he goes to the same free throw coach as Shaq though!

Starting to see more nice things from Mitch. The kid has shown improved handles and is now showing an improved shooting touch as well. A great sign that he appears to have worked hard on his game in the off-season. Seems ice cool under pressure too: those two FTs he took, he never looked like missing them. Like the way he is always at the centre of any fracas, holding back his more experienced team mates!

Helliwell did his job by covering Neville.

Despite all the hate for Herbie last week, I thought he had a nice stint in the 3rd quarter of that game. Wasn't really able to have much impact tonight though. Not suprising really as he has been struggling with his lateral movement and that is a death sentence against Perth's guards! I still hope for better things from him as the season wears on. Think he'll be more useful against other teams with slower guards.

Ng didn't really get much time, but not surprising really. Against Perth's pressure, you need ball-handlers to break their press and that is not Ng's game.

Lets hope the team takes some belief out of that game and can back it up with a good performance against NZ next week.

Reply #336718 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Really, Adelaide were unbelievable tonight.

Reply #336720 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Cris Warren's infectious confidence against the pressure defence in the last quarter,
Helliwell nullifying Nevill,
Creek starting as a big guard,
Our dig guys shooting percentage,
Lisch looking too slow for Warren,
Lisch getting targeted... shades of Goorjiian?

Starting to almost like

Weigh's decision making with the ball..
Marty's subs...
Johnson starting to toughen up..

Reply #336721 | Report this post

boss  
Years ago

what a game and i dont support either team!!! def worth staying up for. few points:
- loved the commentating, that new dude needs to be signed up straight away by one he was very good especially considering he showed absolutely nil biased towards perth. (bear was good too)
- I now know matt knight can dunk
- johnson's a gun, but seems a bit up himself.
- perth should sign a replacement for martin straight away, 8 weeks is a long time it may be longer. a loss to sixers is prob the worst possible loss at the moment. i know they only have 5 points left but cant they get injury waivers. sign a cheap agro ballhandling import, theres heaps around (hinson/tucker)
- i like weigh despite the attitude
- can crosswell have a career year at 34?
- if i was a sixers fan i'd be happy with the imports. they def both have more to offer simpson needs more court time, warren needs to sort out his starts.
- the adelaide-perth rivalry is back, despite the fact adelaide won, was a spiteful awesome game with loads of feeling. look forward to the next matchup.
- redhage is a dick, robbins is a dick, wagstaff is a dick even williamson showed some dick qualities.
-marty clarke's rotations were average, twice diamond did something good and he was benched. u need that momentum.
- i wouldve given nevill more time
- wasnt helliwell good when he played for the bullets?
sorry its so long was just a good game.
go kings!!!!

Reply #336722 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Johnson deff stepped up tonight. The best part about his game was that most of this points were from outside the key, this will bring alot of troubles for other teams if he can keep it up.

Reply #336723 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Beantown wins this thread with "Stevie Weigh Vaughan".

That's made my night. Scuttlebuttin' all the way.

Reply #336724 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

I'll be the first to eat my words! Honestly thought the 6ers were no chance. Anyone make a dollar off this game?

Reply #336725 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I wish sportsbet had them at 7 to 1 odds, i put 5 on them, not really thinking they would win, wish id put atleast 50 on them now, but yea didnt really think they would win, so just a pleasant surprise.

Reply #336726 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Ng did a good job cancelling Lisch for his limited minutes. Would have been good to see him on in the 4th when Perth was crumbling in defence. He would have got some nice triples.

Reply #336727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The refs were really shit both ways tonight I think they better go back and learn the rules. Mitch Creek played a really good game tonight keeping Lisch quiet for most of the night. Also I don't know why the wildcats went and signed Luke Nevill as they don't use him in there offence he is one of the best big men in the league. The sixers need to use Simpson bait more he is a gun and Greg Hire showed why he gets minutes over Trueman and warren carries the ball alot when he is changing directions

Reply #336728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Replay on One Saturday arvo at 1:30pm.

Reply #336730 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

Did perth not put on their press at some point?

Reply #336731 | Report this post

kr  
Years ago

Great effort by the Sixers, but WOW Perth had 27 more shots than Adelaide and still lost.

Reply #336733 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Centrebet had Sixers at $8.25, Wildcats $1.07
Line 14 (was tempted).

Reply #336735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Martin makes it hard Tyrell.

Reply #336737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Martin makes it hard Tyrell.

Reply #336738 | Report this post

Igotmadskills  
Years ago

I put a lazy 10 on a sixes win and another 10 on the line as coverage. Makes the games so much better when you have something on it. The sixes aren't as bad as people had been saying and I'm 100 bucks richer because of it".........

Reply #336739 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Superior shooting won it for us but what impressed me most no matter what the refs did and they did plenty like techs. - charging fouls etc or what the scoreboard said we kept strong and focussed .
Clark used his rotations less and Warrens speed and Crosswell experience and ball carrying skills along with DJ inside and shooting and more aggressive defence from all wore them down .
Well done all Sixers coaches and players gave us a reason to believe again hope not destroyed next home game.

Reply #336745 | Report this post

gavmiester  
Years ago

How good would it be for posters to paste in their payout from Centrebet/Sportsbet ....... just saying.
Anyone that made money on the sixers in this game was either a prophet, showed blind faith, or simply just blind. Kudos to those that did.

Good call above on the travels....pivot foot seemed "optional" early.
Thought Marty was toying with getting himself tossed a couple of times, but I like that. Was great to see Balls stand up and knock some peeps over as the baiting and flopping tactics really annoy the hell out of me.

Great win......best I can remember for some time.
Crosswell still going left.....who knew :) Nice to see some veteran savy in the back court, and didnt it make a difference.

What a difference a full squad makes!

Reply #336746 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Our shooting was great, the rotations were great, our offence with Crosswell running it was great but the most impressive thing was how we matched Perth's toughness and kept our composure especially when Redhage and Robbins turned, um extra physical?

On a side note, I really can't stand Redhage. His heavy slap on Ball's in the last 2 secs of the game was something of the actions of an under 14's kid. I guess he didn't like being blocked 6 times and giving up a 3 point play to DJ on a deep, deep too! Never foul a jumpshooter Shawn!

Reply #336747 | Report this post

kobe24  
Years ago

3 starters played 30+ minutes for the Sixers! First time all season? Makes a massive difference when your nucleus gets to sink into a game. Not sure if Marty has been reading the forum, and figured i have nothing more to lose, but I strongly believe by slowing down his subs, he increased his chance of a W in a big way. Great win, have no option but to build on it now. The same competitiveness must be shown against the Breakers now.

Reply #336748 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Re Redhage, he was niggling as he always does and then with around 20 seconds to go he deliberately walked past Ballinger and gave him a little bump. So when Ballinger scored that last lay-up he saw Redhage out of the corner of his eye and flattened him! That was hilarious. Redhage sat on the floor sulking for a little while then hacked Balls at the end because he was still fuming.

Cant wait to watch the replay actually, the game was that high quality.

If Johnson can keep getting stronger, keep improving his defence (which was pretty solid last night against quicker oppoenents) and keep shooting like that he will leap frog a lot of bigs in the Boomers line in a couple of years.

Reply #336750 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Apparently over 30,000 tv audience last night too which is pretty good given the hour.

Reply #336753 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Yeah, I enjoyed Balls knocking Redhage down late in the game too! He was asking for it all game - that whole fracas that got Perth the lead just before half time was sparked off by him walking past Herbert and either nudging him or saying nasty things about his mother.

Reply #336754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I had 20 on the win at 8.50. I thought with no martin and croswell in our guards would play well. Weigh's old stomping ground he no's those rings. didn't expect u's to show that much fight and dj to play like that though.

Reply #336755 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Anyone notice how persistant Marty was being about all the players having their arms out during D. Was pretty funny seeing Ballinger jogging backwards with his arms wide out while he was all on his own for a few seconds.

Reply #336757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ..unbelievable that's what we want from him each week!

Reply #336758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Loco -

"Phil Haines reffing in Perth now too?

Why don't we save the airfare and just give the opposition a 15 point / 5 foul head start?"

You would have to be happy with the fact it wasnt a third referee from Perth, as Phil was definitely the best of the three.

Lots of missed travels, no understanding of the baiting tactics (especially by Robbins in the 2nd half), No Ball carrier protection.

Phil was the only good point of the refereeing last night

Reply #336759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Refs beat perth not 36ers!!! Uguys hate redhage!!!1 Ballingeris a pice ove shit!!! thats starts everything!! Guess over time every 1 bitched about how hard perth play n now our boyscant touch ant 1 at the jungle!! They played again 2 nyt u guy would get a hiding!!! The shots that went in they would not go in again!!!! O well, no 1 wants to see perth on top neverhave never will!!! even back to the 93 gf, billy, crouch handed that tittle to the tigers!!!! Every 1 noes but will get there we are 5 time champs!!! Win loose there mt team n will bthere come the big dance!!!

Reply #336761 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Agree about more ball carrier protection. Cricket is certainly a better game for it.

Top win by the 36ers last night. Stood up to the Cats physically and did it smarter than us. From the start they looked switched on mentally.
Looks to be a good group now. Just need to fix Diamon's free throw yips.

Reply #336762 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Umm... yeah what he said.

Reply #336763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you adelaide supporters are just pathetic
Yesterday you had new coaches ready to go and today what agreat job everyone has done.
If your crowd acts like you all do on this site it is no wonder you cannot win at home, and from what I read on this site about how booing your own team is ok, you have no hope.
A few facts
The 6ers two best games were away from you pathetic morons
The two worse games was in front of you pathetic morons.

And now you seem to think that clarke has read all this shit and has adjusted from posts on this forum

Just Pathetic

Reply #336765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many of the people on here claiming Ballingers cheap shots were ok because Redhage was the instigator were actually at the game ? Same goes for the fracas in that lead to the 6 free throws...you guys actually see what went down ?

Reply #336767 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

How dare you come on this forum and slag us off! What's your excuse, are you Victorian?

Reply #336768 | Report this post

Holy S  
Years ago

i won $ 170 on the game yeahhhhh

Reply #336769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack
No thank goodness not Victorian, supporting them and the fat conductor would be almost as bad as being part of you lot

Maybe get a dictionary out and look up the word supporters.

If you think I am full of shit, tell me why you get blown out at home and good on the road, thats not exactly normal, and to my knowledge you are the only basketball crowd that boos your own team, just adds up to me!

Reply #336770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mmmmmm silence
I will take that as "shit he might be right"

Reply #336774 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Not Victorian, just not too cluey. It's completely unexplainable that a team could have a top-tier player return, add an import, have a game to gel, and improve as a result.
OMG Perth smashed the 6ers in Adelaide but last night got beaten in their own house! "thats not exactly normal". Wildcats are a joke too I suppose.

Reply #336775 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

No, take it that we all have things to do on a fine Saturday afternoon. Like all the jobs we need to squeeze into Saturday, because half of Sunday is taken up with basketball training.

Reply #336776 | Report this post

kobe24  
Years ago

Anon you are a little off centre, but ill give it to you, you are passionate about your points! The boos have previously discussed are unfortunate perhaps but warranted in many peoples eyes... so i wont take that from you as an issue. And you are 100% correct, to win on the road and not at home, is not a common trend. Marty has a lot of work to do, to improve this, and IF he cant, i personally still believe he will go sooner than his contract says. Im not sold he has miraculously turned around all the 6ers fortunes after one win, but we will take it for now. The boos arent the reason we have lost at home, the erratic substitutions have been the reason. Lastnight there was a more favourable spread of the minutes and what do you know, we beat a team that many see as title favourites.

Reply #336777 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

mmmmmm silence
I will take that as "what? he doesn't sit on hoops.com.au clicking refresh every 20 seconds just in case there is a troll post requiring an urgent response?"

Reply #336778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Never had any doubt about Marty or his 3 year plan. It's a shame the supposed fans in adelaide really know sfa.

Reply #336779 | Report this post

Crocs City  
Years ago

How do i get highlights of the fight in perth vs adelaide apparently Redhage took a real cheap shot on ballingar and started a fight?????

Reply #336782 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

That doesn't sound right. Redhage would never take a cheap shot at someone. He's a very polite and well behaved young gentleman.

Reply #336784 | Report this post

kobe24  
Years ago

Channel ONE HD right now, game is being replayed.

Reply #336785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Redhage cheap shots no way.

Reply #336788 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

very good finally!!

much better rotations. cant really fault them.

on the plus side our shooting was amazing!!

on the negative side our shooting was the reason we won. what happens when you have an off-shooting night??

thats why we seem to struggle. very reliant on players stroking those 3's and mid-range. take that out and we cannot put together a winning score. need more penetration.

warren can beat anyone, anyone! off the dribble, but pulls up and walks back out?? i think he has no confidence with his size i guess. look at gilchrist he was tiny and could finish at the rim. warrens speed and shooting is far superior to gilchrist just needs to become a threat around the basket ( he will constantly get sent to the line) to become a star ( offensively).

we do really rely on crosswell, with warren being young crosswell's old head is super important to us. i actually like them both on the floor. crosswells pressure on defense is very good too.

great to have ballinger back.

some good things by creek, needs to go more aggressive to the rim. by the end of the year i want to see him creating his own shot like maybe beating his man rather than relying on a fast break or his man being drawn away from him.

simpson was good. defensively he is what he need under the basket. offensively not a great deal there just seems to be a chip in player. if williamson comes back we get an offensive spark but will lose something we really need defensively.

johnson was great. great shooting. i love that he cant create off the dribble he can actually beat his man not rely on someone getting him a shot.

these players are super important. the type that can make a score happen, not rely on good ball movement, player to be drawn away from them etc but the types that can beat their man.

we have balls and johnson that are our best at this by far. weigh, warren and crosswell to an extent also.

Reply #336789 | Report this post

shotclock  
Years ago

Can someone post the Balls V Redhage on Youtube ? I cant record Hi def cause of tuner problems(I can view on other mini HD Tv )

Reply #336790 | Report this post

pure silk  
Years ago

Great Win , best in a long way. Could watch it 50 times. U bloody beauty !!

Reply #336792 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

After reading this forum for the last few weeks I was expecting Adelaide to be crap. What I saw was an extremely gutsy effort from a side that copped more than a few really bad 'home town' calls. Maybe the absence of Martin was just the incentive they needed. Not a fan of the 36ers but looking forward to their next outing.

Reply #336802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

U guys are talking like u won game 3 ove the grand final!!!! That was ure grand final for this yr!!! U win 1 game and u n ure cheering!!! Sad, Perth are the best on and off the court!!!! Consistancy!!! Very cocky team!!!! Clark should ove a few tech fouls, after a time out 36ers took an extra minute no warnings nuthin!!! Hope its
perth n nz grand final!!!! Jump on tha ban wagen after nz game ull back to normal!!!

Reply #336813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It would seem that the refs could do to use Visine before the game to get the red out so that they can see what is actually going on. Worked for Perth last night and Melbourne last weekend. Maybe the sixers could swap to a red strip that would confuse them.

Reply #336814 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

Seriously i love the 6ers and Ballinger but last night he was the one doing all the action when it comes to niggling and annoying people.

Reply #336815 | Report this post

harry  
Years ago

shesh
unreal

get flogged at home (twice)
and beat perth in perth

have a feeling of deja vu

wouldnt mind a replay of that game

Reply #336816 | Report this post

Wound  
Years ago

In all seriousness, do you think Marty reads the forum (or Boti's articles)? How can his coaching change so dramatically with leaving players on court for longer all of a sudden?

Reply #336818 | Report this post

kobe24  
Years ago

Ninnis used to read it alot.... Id say they human nature would take over, and he like alot of nbl players, would have a quick look at it from time to time atleast. Time to start looking towards the Breakers now. Like in tennis, its no good breaking serve if the opponent breaks straight back. 6ers need to continue their form. Best time to face the Breakers is right now imo, werent anywhere near as dominant against the Kings a few days ago.

Reply #336821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NZ revealing their banner at NSEC after two average performances is going to be tough. If the Sixers play like last night they will be a chance though.

Reply #336829 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Funny to read over this all quickly to see all the people who said that the 36ers had zero chance, joking about 95 point losses, showing a great coach disrespect... Guess the jokes on all the haters.... Let haters hate, cause a 36ers determination is fed off other peoples criticisms.

Stand tall SIXERS!!!

Reply #336830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

1-3.

Reply #336832 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

phil - post #336789
I think the shooting stats are distorted by the high number of shooting fouls Adelaide drew. They might be the pressured shots that would more often be missed. I think they're not counted as missed field goal attempts (correction or confirmation by a stats savvy person welcomed). watching the first half (had to go and pick up my daughter during the second and missed it), Adelaide set up and took good shooting opportunities as well. Also, I was impressed with the defensive effort and intensity. With the exception of Greg Hire's cameo late in the first half, I saw very few Perth shooters getting wide open looks. Adelaide's defenders were doing a good job of gettign to the outside shooters.

With respect to the usual complaints from all and sundry about referees. Really, in 40 minutes of basketball, the players turned the ball over 39 times and missed 97 shots at the basket - 136 mistakes in about 200 possessions. I think those mistakes had a lot more bearing on the outcome than a few refereeing mistakes.

Reply #336833 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

"Funny to read over this all quickly to see all the people who said that the 36ers had zero chance, joking about 95 point losses, showing a great coach disrespect... Guess the jokes on all the haters.... Let haters hate, cause a 36ers determination is fed off other peoples criticisms.

Stand tall SIXERS!!!"

I think any fan is happy by a win, have we changed our opinions about the coach..probaly not since we did the same last season..a few good games followed by utter disust again.
If Clark gets this sort of a performance for the next 3 games then yes I like many others will gladly say we were wrong and that he MAY be able to do the job. One game does not at all prove we are wrong as last year showed us.

Reply #336834 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

I don't know if its been said yet but unfortunately the sad thing is that with Wollongong beating Cairns on Friday night, the 36ers will stay on bottom of the ladder at the end of Round 4 because GC have a better for and against % than we do even though we've both now won 1 game :(

The good thing obviously is the attitude Adelaide showed against Perth. Now if only they would play like that every game.....

Reply #336841 | Report this post

Martin  
Years ago

I would like to thank you all for your coaching tips and hints. This forum is a gold mine of advice for any coach.

Reply #336848 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

LOL Marty, I always hoped and prayed you would come to this forum for our advice!

Reply #336854 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Martin - A lot thought we'd be 0 - 6 and you'd be walked out the door.
Strange how people who have suffered together have stronger connections than people who are most content.
36ers bottom $8.50 . Perth top $1.07 at home and we came out firing and some fans had a bet and are still counting all the money.
It was a great game nearly live on FTA TV here.
Never in my life have I seen a coach that looked like he was about to run on the court and start playing.
You had plenty to say pacing up and down. I thought you may have had a technical foul . Radford was pretty good looking after you.

Reply #336856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone else recon we'll get thrashed by NZ next week? I have a feeling we'll get our hopes up and have them crushed...

Reply #336864 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

NZ are due for a good one, but Sydney's zone troubled them a bit and Adelaide's zone on Friday night was excellent. Tough ask but you never know if Croswell, Weigh, Warren and Johnson play like that again.

Reply #336866 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

Ha ha ha ha anon #336813 you are such a dick. Or should I say yor sutch ay dik

Reply #336904 | Report this post

Norwood Stats  
Years ago

PeterJohn - correct - if someone is fouled in the act of shooting, the shot attempt is not recorded, unless it is successful (and counted) of course.

Reply #336976 | Report this post

Davoids  
Years ago

Norwood - I've never liked that rule. Completely contradictory IMO.

If it counts if you're successful why shouldn't it count if you aren't?

Reply #336983 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Because you were fouled, affecting the shot I suppose.

Reply #336984 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Davoids, I think it is good because it doesn't penalise a player's shooting percentage when they draw a foul. What if a player is hacked every time he gets the ball in a position to score and he makes all his FT's? He might have made a valuable contribution of 10 points, but on 0/5 shooting, which would seriously skew is FG% and make him look like a poorer shooter than he actually is.

Reply #337002 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:18 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754