Mick
Years ago

Crocs shaft Cedar & Allen out of starting 5

Mick Cedar & Ben Allen out, Blanchfield & Holmes (league rebounding leader) in ahead of Blaze clash in TSV.

New five:

Eddie Gill
Peter Crawford
Todd Blanchfield
Elvin Mims
Jacob Holmes

Much better team.

Topic #26692 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

It is a much better team BUT too small. It will be interesting to see how Holmes goes at center.

Reply #336532 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Small but the Blaze are small too, although they are looking to go through the post a lot this year. I like that team for athleticism and mobility, interested to watch this game it could be a cracker.

Reply #336535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like this because I put Blanchfield in my dream team this week :)

Reply #336541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Mitch Norton ready to play and injury free?

Reply #336545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dont believe everything you read in the paper!!!

Reply #336558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Ben Allen the most overated player this league has seen for sometime? He was touted as a genuine immediate impact guy, and quite frankly I've seen nothing positive about him, accept for when he is on the bench!

Reply #336575 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Cedar is the biggest defensive liability in the league.

Reply #336578 | Report this post

Whitey  
Years ago

Wortho is going monster this line-up

Reply #336580 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have to agree with the Allen comment. He's done stuff all, but settle for jump shots. Just another soft big man who wishes he was a 2 man, while i sit here as possibly the greatest ever 5'11 power forward. Life is cruel.

Reply #336583 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

i think theres a difference between being overrated and highly anticipated. I dont think anyone rates him very high after his first few games in townsville. HE probably needs a change of team to a coach who can get a bit more outta him

Reply #336624 | Report this post

rog  
Years ago

I don't like his chances of getting offered another contract at the end of this year.

Reply #336640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he's already got a contract for next year...

Mitch may get some PT this game

Reply #336641 | Report this post

Crocs City  
Years ago

Nah Allen dose not have a contract when signed it was a 2yr deal last yr,so this is his do or die season,he can't even dominate ABA we have never had a banger or produced a banger in ville,since pennisi boys or kruger and froling or Tony D why are they so hard to find big meaty guys like blakmore that just want to smash and box out rebound set screens and help the team dam it

Reply #336650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"while i sit here as possibly the greatest ever 5'11 power forward. Life is cruel."

I feel your pain, I was a 5'10 power guard

Reply #336661 | Report this post

Bball Fan  
Years ago

Cedar is totally where he belongs.

Reply #336744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it's just a fact that tvl need to match up with the GC from the get go

hudson and wortho would exploit allen early so i think it's a wise move to bring holmes in to sure things up a bit

I don't think it will change the mins allen plays

for one I think allen has improved a bit from getting some court time - just needs to go after it a bit more and leave it all on the floor

I agree that this will be his do or die season as they would be mad to not offer holmes a permanent contract next year

Reply #336756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Townsville doesn't produce big men because they put all their stock into developing unco bigs who never even end up that tall anyway once fully grown.

Reply #336783 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

quietly frankly - casey franks

Reply #336973 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:35 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754