BALLER#3
Years ago

Glover

Being ridiculous and getting 6 assists in his tiny 5 mins of game time! transfer that to 30 mins of game time is 36 assists. I know that would never happen but wow i like the look of him just from watching that display!

Topic #26703 | Report this topic

MK  
Years ago

i liked how he looked too but still very reserved before jumping into any conclusion. going into extreme but Yusuf Qaafow also looked great in his 30s debut ha.

keep in mind there wouldn't have been scouting done on this guy, so give it some time and some games then we'll know what type of player he is.

Reply #336898 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

I'd expect him to be putting up some big numbers with assists. You say he hasnt been scouted, if they didnt scout him then they are in the amatuer league and need a new coaching team.

The best thing about him is that he looked to pass first and always sucked in the defence.
Also seemed to know who was the better shooter to pass to on the 3 point line.

Reply #336900 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Great signs! Loved his D too, looks a Cedric Jackson type pest.

Reply #336903 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Thought he could of been injected earlier into the game when Tigers started to make a run especially as some of there starters started to tire.

Reply #336909 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

If it wasn't for his 39 seconds, he'd be equal leader in assists per game having only played less than 5 minutes.

Reply #336911 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

gordie should have brought him in way earlier

he looked in control and composed and looks to be a great passer

Reply #336912 | Report this post

MK  
Years ago

been it his 1st game not much is known about this guy. thus there's gonna be no scouting. similar to Gary Ervin last year, started well when nobody knew him then hit a slump when teams start to adjust for him etc.

Reply #336916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks would have won if he'd come on in the third quarter.

Reply #336922 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks are great at getting a double digit lead as still losing! They have some major issue with 4th quarter fades... Kings and now tigers.

Reply #336935 | Report this post

dud  
Years ago

What is Geordie McLeod thinking. First he benches catron in the first few games and he then dominates when he actually gets court time, and now Glover. All Rhys Martin did was over dribble the ball and created a stagnant offence.

Reply #336951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed Gordie's struggling a bit at the moment.

Was bringing Catron off the bench, clearly their best player.

Giving Martin way more minutes than Glover when Martin is only a role player and borderline starter at NBL level.

Not getting enough shots for Saville, he's half the player he was but still underutilised offensively.

Benching Glover for the first three and half quarters last night when he's clearly their best PG.

Reply #336970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who do you like better - Danny Glover or Crispin Glover? You choose. Good luck, there is no way I could pick.

Reply #337006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm getting too old for this s*#t !

Reply #337015 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Commentators said Catron has lost 12kg since he signed with Hawks. Still lokks 10-15kg overweight :)

So I guess they were bringing him off the bench while he was doing extra fitness work. ie probably too tired/unfit to play 30min.

He does look good though, pretty good handles and jumpshot for a PF.
Excellent post moves, Defence is up and down.

If he is fit enough to play 30min a game then 16pts and 8rebs should be easy for him to average.

Reply #337049 | Report this post

SixerFan  
Years ago

Not sure if you should be bashing Gordie, he is a proven coach in this league!

He clearly is coaching the team with the bigger picture in mind and also is aware of player confidence and cohesive play.

The extra time for young aussie backcourt will be a good investment for the back end of the season. The imports will find their place in the group but I think Gordie is setting the tone that he wants a good "team" not a group of individuals out there doing their own thing.

Reply #337055 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:48 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754