drazic
Years ago

Patty Mills NBL MVP

that is all...

Topic #26706 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

He would have votes in two of four games so far, so not a bad start.

Reply #336921 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

if they are only taking votes from the National Society of Bricklayers in Australia, then yes he is a shoe in ;)

Reply #336924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Obviously you didn't see his game last night Mystro?

Reply #336926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At this stage he wins it with a leg in the air!

Reply #336928 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

...Yeah....

He's been playing well, but not exactly at the "He's in the NBA and everyone else isn't" level I'd be expecting him to.

Personally I think he's in a race with Cedric Jackson and Kevin Lisch right now. Screw what the "POTW" results say.

Reply #336930 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Lisch a long way ahead at this point.

Reply #336943 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

Mystro; CJ - 38.0 TFG%

Sticks and stones...

Reply #336946 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Aussieboomers4eva: so you are saying that CJ's getting POTW this week?

Breakers played horrible in Melbourne and still were in with a chance of winning it, Hawks were up by miles when I went to bed and should have closed it out. When Melbourne signed Mills everyone was thinking that they will be unstoppable and yet they are average as in fact I think they would win more games without Mills. In saying that he will win MVP as everyone seems to love kissing his ass.

Reply #336948 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

First half of the Tigers v Hawks game saw minimal looks for Patty and the Tigers were dreadful, probably worse than the Sixers had been. Second half Patty takes over and gets the Tigers a pretty comfortable W. I know its one game but I think that proves Patty's worth to the Tigers.

Considering that the Tigers are 3-1, with their only loss to Perth in Perth and having wins against New Zealand and Wollongong in Wollongong I think average is a little harsh.

As for MVP, Khazzouh should be in the mix, however his team proably won't end up getting the wins required for him to have a real shot. Wilkinson and Ced Jackson have been good for the league best Breakers and Lisch (bar the Adelaide game) has been the best so far.

I'm quite enjoying the NBL this year, reasonably balanced talent, each team has players that are good to watch and I'm loving Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights!

Reply #336952 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Dont forget MVP is voted on by coaches, and the guys who coached against Melbourne would be aware of the amount of shots he's taking and his defensive limitations.

If he plays like last night every week he'd be in the mix, but right now I think he would be a little behind Lisch, Khazzouh, Redhage and Wilkinson, and similar to C Warren, Jackson, Hill, Mims, Gibson etc as far as votes go.

Reply #336953 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

Now now Mystro, don't get tetchy. All I'm saying is that both CJ and Mills scored 20pts this round, placing them both in contention for Rnd 4 PotW and one of them shot 37% and the other 54%. If you are limiting your observations to performances this round, which you seem to be saying now, then your bricklaying comments don't hold water when applied to a player that just made more than half of his shots, including 4/8 from the 3pt line.

If you are talking about all season performances to date, then the comments make more sense as Mills is shooting 41% from the field on the season. I was simply pointing out that one of your favourite sons is shooting 38% from the field on the season and no-one in their right mind would accuse CJ of being a poor shooter. So I ask, why all the heat on Mills?

Reply #336955 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

AB, I think it is in response to the title - NBL MVP. Overall Mills is playing quite well, but some would point out that his average shooting, combined with a lack of contributions in other areas have him short of MVP status at this point. He was good last night though.

Reply #336962 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

Agreed

Reply #336965 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

Sorry, Mystro, comprehension fail on my part. You overloaded my sarcasm circuit;)

Reply #336966 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

lol all good Aussieboomers4eva.
I am just being harsh of Mills as everyone has talked him up like he is the greatest thing to ever happen to this league and yet most of his overall performances have been pretty average.
Gary Wilkinson is in with a shot at MVP but he won't get it, too many good players next to him to steal votes. At this stage Lisch is the guy who's playing like he wants it and if he keeps it up he'll deserve it.

Reply #336968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Patty Mills has been pretty average in the NBL... he has all the potential in the world but no basketball IQ

Reply #336986 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

As ive said before..
The problem with Patty is he thinks he is a better shooter than he really is.

The kid has the best form in the league and IMHO one of the nicest techniques ive ever seen.

But in terms of putting the ball in the hoop, he struggles to shoot good %'s and if I was Ubaka I would be slightly angry that Patty is taking a lot of shots that he could easily convert.

Reply #336989 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mills is rubbish

Reply #337541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

patty has more shots than an duck hunter on openning day .and is lucky to ave 3 in 1 shots while his team mates do all the tough he just coughs up turnovers after turnovers thats how good this goose is

Reply #337544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

reddhage is a hack

Reply #337668 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Was Mills 20 points at 62% to go with 8 assist good enough for you guys?

He is now shooting at 45% from the field and 43.2% from 3.

Reply #337669 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

wow I talk him up and then he goes 3/12 25% from field, 1-9 from 3's but he did get 10 assist against Cairns where the game was over after the first quarter.

Reply #337677 | Report this post

lebron  
Years ago

if the refs keep blowing him like they have been doing then there is no chance of him losing. he has something like 3 fouls in 4 or 5 games which isnt a result of amazing defence. stop treating him like god and maybe someone will be able to play against him

Reply #338013 | Report this post

John  
Years ago

Jealous losers. Look at his team record.
They will suffer when his gone you losers!!
Jt

Reply #338115 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:08 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754