Anonymous
Years ago

2012 Under 14 Girls Australian Club Championships

Next year's event to be held at Morphett Vale Stadium.
Basketball SA is pleased to announce that the 2012 Under 14 Girls Australian Club Championships will be hosted by the Southern Tigers Basketball Association at Morphett Vale Stadium.

Running from October 1 to October 6, the tournament will feature 24 teams from all over Australia who will compete for the national championship.

Morphett Vale Stadium is situated in the Southern suburbs of Adelaide, 30 minutes South of the CBD. It last hosted a national championships in 1999 (Under 14 Boys).

The stadium features four courts, three of which will be used for the championships. The venue underwent a significant facelift in 2010 including the replacement of all four courts, a new entrance and the upgrade of catering facilities. Temporary seating will be brought into the venue to accommodate the large crowds

Basketball SA would like to congratulate Southern on successfully tendering for this event, and we look forward to a successful championships.

Topic #26716 | Report this topic

Years ago

well done - we need these events here.

Reply #337143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Obviously the standards on venue facilities are not a determing factor

Reply #337157 | Report this post

growler  
Years ago

anon above, i think you will find the facilities will be improved further due to this competition being played at morphet vale, upgrade of all score boards will be done by the end of next week, and as posted on original post, stands to be put in as well!
go snipe elsewhere

Reply #337169 | Report this post

Years ago

backboard upgrade not a must but a would be nice.

i have found the stadium a lot better since the upgrade.

Reply #337183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

toilets and changerooms

Reply #337189 | Report this post

Sam  
Years ago

I coached in th U14 Boys Nationals at Morphett Vale in 1999 and it was good then. I'm sure it will be even better with the renos.

Reply #337217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And automatic entry for their Under 14 Girls.

Does this mean will invite 4 SA teams?

Reply #337218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seeing as the girls nearly beat sturt the other week they might qualify in their own right, but auto qualyfication helps

Reply #337261 | Report this post

Out of Town  
Years ago

Was Wayville being used at this time for something else or just too central for everyone...

Reply #337457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry but why should wayville have everything.MV is 30 mins from cbd. Its been done up since the last championship in 99 and it was great then.(Parent of child who participated). I hear that SA are up in rotations in near future for the 16s so maybe wayville may get those.

Reply #337459 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Morphett Vale is more convenient and central then Tamworth which is where NSW are playing the Under 16's.

Reply #337467 | Report this post

Bluh  
Years ago

Wouldn't U14 clubs be right around show time?

Reply #337475 | Report this post

Years ago

"MV is 30 mins from cbd"

at 2 in the morning using the expressway - i would suggest at least 45 mins during any part of the average day from GPO (CBD) to MV

Reply #337484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#484 and not everyone lives in the CBD

Central isn't close for everyone.

What about the people in the Southern suburbs that have to travel 30 mins to Wayville for every BSA event or Grand Finals?

What about Nationals that have been held at Starplex?

Sounds to me like sour grapes from a Forestville member because for once you didn't get given an event on a silver platter.

Reply #337501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Morphett Vale is a tremendous location.

All of the Fleurieu just 15 minutes away, great accomodation options, wineries etc

Oh I forgot it is also the best facility in SA.

Why would you want to travel here and stay in the city and play at Wayville!

Reply #337518 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#518 sorry it is not the best facility in SA.

Reply #337520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NOt even close. The score boards do not work. The seating is poor, the toilets and change rooms are a disgrace. Start improving the facilities because you are not even close to being the best. Good courts do not make a good venue.

Reply #337705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

new scoreboards installed last week!!! seating being arranged

Reply #337707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And BSA are responsible for the condition of the stadium not the club.

Reply #337710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

club gets charged a small fortune to rent the stadium, then is expected to pay for seating

Reply #337719 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:29 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754