Crocs City
Years ago

Simone Dwight???

So can i get some help here please?
ROY WITH CANBERRA OUT OF AIS
lEADS League in Blocks for like 8yrs
97- Under 23 WORLD CHAMPS GOLD,hits big 3's and blocks and scores at will' and dominates the competition
98- plays for Australia at World Champs with baby drimic and Ben Mel
Say's NO to contract offer from HORNETS why??????
then never plays another world champs or olympics??, seems like he was just happy playing with his good friends in West Sydney - Trahair,Sam Mac,Mcgregor, don't get my wrong awsome player could board,block,then later was dropping 3's,but was it just his knee injures that stopped him for the big future we all thought he would have????

Topic #26718 | Report this topic

alexkrad  
Years ago

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/02/12/1076548158562.html?from=storyrhs

I assume thats a typo and should be Simon not Simone..

Looks like his mrs stopped him from going to the Hornets.

And apparently fire fighting was his dream

:o|

Reply #337148 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

I remember reading an article back in the day where he said he rejected the Hornets offer as he didn't feel like he was ready/deserving of the NBA (or words to that effect).

Reply #337155 | Report this post

Crocs City  
Years ago

Thank Alexrad that was a great artical u found of Simon,see i didn't know he was the last player cut from the 2000 Olympic team,wow tough break who made it over him back then not sure maybe usless paul rogers haha,but he may have been close in 2004 but was bogs and anderson coming through tough times in 200 still we had longely and bradke and anstey alwasy tough for him i guess,but could have been a power forward.

Reply #337181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it was Ray Borner

Reply #337229 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

NO............. Anyone but RAY!

Reply #337439 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

I recall watching some of the practice games before the 2000 Olympics, including I believe one series against Russia with a young Kirilenko; I was also surprised that Dwight didn't make the team. That 2000 team was a veteran team and obviously had some success (mostly thanks to Gaze), but I always thought that Dwight was shafted in not being selected. I thought he would've been a great role player on the Boomers, providing strong interior help defense and an ability to hit the 3.

It was disappointing to never find out how his supreme shot-blocking talents would have translated into another competition like international ball or NBA. Could he have been the most talented shot-blocker in the world at his prime?

Reply #337606 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:47 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754