Isaac
Years ago

ABL Statistics - new features

Thanks to Dusan from Sturt, I've been able to get a copy of the Sturt vs Centrals games from a couple of rounds back to complete the boxscore set from past rounds.

Mens boxscore
Womens boxscore

For Round 6, 4 boxscores are already online including big games from Vikki Kelson (53.5 HSA) and Leah Mencel (49 HSA), and Oscar Forman (60.5 HSA) and Paul Vandenbergh (55 HSA).

The 26 point and 22 rebound game puts Forman almost 4 HSA clear of Jason Dix with an average of 52.5 HSA/game (28 PPG, 17.5 RPG). Kelson is trailing Erin Phillips (44 HSA/game) with 34.3 HSA/game (12.7 PPG, 7 RPG and 5.8 APG).

Last night's game gives Forman 3 of the top 10 mens statlines of the ABL year to date (5 of the top 15) while Vandenbergh has 2 in the top 10.

Kelson, meanwhile, has the current top two womens statlines of the season.

Topic #2676 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

More: I've added a Season Highs page to the ABL Statistics section. You can use it for useful facts: Cameron Wilson is the only player in the men's league to have played a full 48 minute game, and he also holds the season best of 11 assists. Daniel Kosmider's 10 steals is easily the top for the season, while Will Foster is the only player to block 5 shots in a game this season. Adam Becis is the only one to hit double-figures for turnovers in a game, while Oscar Forman has the three best rebounding performances of the year.

In the women's league, Leah Mencel's 32 points last night is a season high, which no woman has cracked the 10 assist mark. Janelle Ridley blocked a season-high 7 shots for the Lions, while Tania Dhu's 11 three point attempts is the most this season.

If there's anything else you'd like to see, stats-wise, let me know.

Reply #30149 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I've also added rankings to the player profiles (example: Reggie), a graph (right down the bottom) of the player's HSA rating from game to game, and a scoring distribution chart that shows where each player is getting their points (three pointers, free throws, field goals).

There's now another measure of efficiency which is a fairly standard measure used in basketball. It's included in player profiles in the game-by-game section, and on the Top 50 Performances page. How it's calculated is explained at the bottom of each page, along with the HSA explanation.

Game boxscores (example: Sturt vs South) now highlight a few key things -- players scoring in double figures, those getting more than 8 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals or blocks, or more than 4 turnovers or 5 fouls.

Reply #30295 | Report this post

ashman  
Years ago

I love those stats Isaac, so how much are you going to sell this package to the NBL for, or perhaps we could see ozhoops implement it on their site once the NBL season comes around again.

Its great when people with a passion for something do things ie the old 36ers website, this site, ozhoops, sixerslounge they do a much better job (and often for little or no money) than those people that are getting paid to produce websites.

Good up the great work Isaac.

Reply #30316 | Report this post

Pure Baller  
Years ago

Fantastic work Isaac, you are making the ABA a lot more professional and i love reading the stats and HSA's for every game.... although i wish someone could "pad" my stats, i'm sure i do more :)

Once again your work is outstanding and muchly appreciated

Reply #30318 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

Someone's been busy! Love your work, Isaac.

Reply #30323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has anyone got the rest of the box scores for the games on the weekend?

Reply #30327 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Great stuff Isaac, so any plans for the NBL season or for your own Sixers Realm?

Reply #30377 | Report this post

anastasia  
Years ago

hay guys how are you going i wolud beable to make it to the game tonight sorry how is willie and shane going will got now se ya
love from anastasia Jelinek

Reply #43815 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:42 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754