Anonymous
Years ago

Tigers Court Announcer & Gleeson - Tools

I'd like to start this by saying I'm a Sixers fan so am an impartial observer in this serious BS situation that is going on.

Not long ago the tigers court announcer was banned for several games for saying some absolute bonehead crap.

Skip to a few weeks ago and Gleeson accused hard-done by club man Corletto of playing the situation through the media. Sorry for Corletto telling the media the truth when they asked, dickhead (old news I know but wait for my next bit).

Now skip forward to last weekends game, Cairns @ Melbourne.
(http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/face-off-between-nbl-coaches-trevor-gleeson-and-aaron-fearne-likely-to-end-with-a-warning/story-e6frfglf-1226188086245)

The court announcer was saying things about the Taipans which were evidently bad enough to provoke Aaron Fearne to confront him. The announcer responded with a string of insults and then Gleeson the tool thought he might get involved and abuse Fearne too. Fearne, usually mild mannered, had to be held back after Gleeson said a few things.

If thats not bad enough hows the nerve of this guys for saying this to the media after the game:

"It was something that could have been avoided. I was disappointed it went that far" (thanks to you dickhead!!).

"He might have been frustrated the way his team was playing. He might be under some pressure."

Um, no, he simply didn't appreciate the court announcer bagging his team. Gleeson ALWAYS blindly gets involved in things and back whichever side has more to do with the club hes coaching at the time. Furthermore he then makes it sound like its all Fearnes fault and then takes some cheeky digs at Fearne. FOR WHAT!!?? Standing up to the dodgy courtside announcer who was bagging his team?

This man is a professional coach and acts like a child. It's absolutely disgraceful.

Topic #26763 | Report this topic

bizkit  
Years ago

Do you won't to be tigers fan we would love have you on a winning team

Reply #338124 | Report this post

bizkit  
Years ago

As a tigers fan i am sorry that you guys have wade Helliwell sorry

Reply #338125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wayne has always been an antagonist and should just stick to court announcing.

Reply #338126 | Report this post

chuck norris  
Years ago

Tigers suck & will crumble come finals.
Bring on Tigers at Brett Maher court in a few weeks. Tigers are nothing without Mills.

Chuck Norris & Sixers rule

Reply #338127 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Gleeson has been acting like a tool since he became the Tigers coach, coincidence?
I now like Perth far more than the Tigers (still highly rate Trigger and Dillon tho)and thats saying something lol.

Reply #338132 | Report this post

snake5  
Years ago

Gleeson is a tool. He always has been a tool, and it looks like his new job has 'ability to be tool' as selection criteria No.1.

As for the announcer, I dont know what was said (would be interested, if anyone knows), but anything that leaches any emotion at all out of Aaron Fearne must be pretty severe.

Agree with previous posts, Gleeson is fully qualified tool for buying into it.

Reply #338136 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

What was said?

Reply #338137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was there at the game and the court announcer said nothing offensive during the game on the PA. I wonder when he did something for Fearne to take offense to?

Reply #338144 | Report this post

mcdonalds  
Years ago

HATE ALL YOU WANT!

Reply #338150 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Seems like the Tigers have several unsportsman/unprofessional employees on their payroll. I wonder if any action will be taken by the NBL?

Reply #338152 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

Hard to make a legitimate call without knowing what was said. Abusive language should not be tolerated. Apparently there is a guy in a courtside sponsors' box in Perth who constantly denigrates opposition players.

Reply #338156 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Someone should tell the Tigers court announcer that it's not a block if the player is fouled.

Reply #338157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL take action against Seamus? LOL

Reply #338166 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

The Tigers are the most arrogant team in the NBL this year.

Some level of arrogance has always existed for as long as Seamus has been there.

But with Gleeson, and dare I say it the inclusion of Mills, that arrogance has been taken to a new level.

Reply #338175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not the first time the Tigers court announcer has been in hot water for trying to get into it with coaches or players.

Reply #338176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The tigers court announcer has had this happen before for his comments. I was at the game earlier in the season against NZ Breakers, and after all throughout the game, taking cheap shots at Dillion Bouchers' shoes, the NZ players took exception after the game, and the court announcer retaliated by trying to fight the NZ breakers.
Disgraceful and i am a Tigers supporter.

Reply #338186 | Report this post

snake5  
Years ago

So Sideshow Bob is a real person?

Reply #338188 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Is this the guy with a big birth mark on his face?

Reply #338215 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Yep.
He also attempts to incite the crowd if he feels a call doesn't go there way putting extra pressure on the refs.
He's a disgrace and has form. Surely the NBL should take action and advise the Tigers to replace him.
BTW. Was a tigers fan until Gleason's radio attack on Corletto.
McPeake = wanker as well.

Reply #338224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shameless McPeake as Boti rightly calls him.

Reply #338229 | Report this post

MK  
Years ago

Gleeson's some shady liar who claim his move to Melbourne was for his ill wife.

here's how funny it is, anyone remember Gleeson was appointed Tigers head coach BEFORE Townsville released him in the press.

that has always puzzled me, how does somebody get a media release for a job before he's announced resigning at his current position.

how bad is this man who'd use his wife's illness as an excuse to move to a bigger market team.

Reply #338243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wow that is poo, neva knew that. good mate of joeys too, two peas in a pod i guess. as for nbl getting the tigers to replace him i reckon they got bigger probs, seem to not be dealing with any of em too lol.

Reply #338246 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

far more tools in here thats for sure and none of them very sharp either.

Gleeson had already resigned from the crocs and to suggest anything else is wrong.
I guess his wife's surgery for breast cancer is a lie too.Think that was just made up. Gleeson's wifes family live in Melbourne and thats why the moved back.
To have more family support around her in her crisis time.
Please dpnt spread personal lunatic conspiracies here.

Reply #338313 | Report this post

MK  
Years ago

let me tell you, he wouldn't have resigned Townsville without a secure gig in Melbourne. what you said is just what it appeared in the media.

his resign was not formally announced till AFTER he got signed. and I too knew he resigned at Townsville before he was announced Tigers coach but funny enough, I heard his resignation right after he had an interview with the Tigers. funny the decision was made prior to that like he had claimed.

to me he used his wife's illness as an excuse to get out a town that has supported him and earn him a COY award and he needed a reason to get out without looking like a jerk.

if he was truely loyal to Townsville I don't think he would have left...btw anyone diagnosed with cancer is always a sad news and never good but I just can't see it's the reason for his move south had the Tigers job not become available.

Reply #338372 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

This thread is a bit of a waste of time IMO.
Everything that needs to be said is right there in the title ;)

Reply #338383 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:30 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754