natwhereyouat
Years ago

How much would you pay for NBL League pass?

Yo Ladies!

I've put up a poll on my website http://www.andthefoul.net/ titled "How much would you be willing to pay for a NBL live stream subscription?"
It's on the right hand side.

Once we get around 1000 votes or so i'm going to be passing on the results to the NBL & iiNet so they can get a good idea on how much (if anything) fans would be willing to pay for something like NBA league pass.. Because clearly something else needs to be done after this One/TEN drama.

Topic #26767 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Er monthly subscription over the season or annual fee like league pass? Might make a difference to some people, families, yada yada. (having the flexibility)

Reply #338197 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Yearly.. I guess if it was set up you could have different levels. A cheaper monthly option or a yearly option.
You could also give it free to any season ticket holds with a NBL team

Reply #338204 | Report this post

Jerry Dennard Jnr  
Years ago

Can someone please post what the rates were for the NBA League Pass?, incl;

- Early bird Season
- Full Season
- Full Season Purchased halfway thru the year
- Monthly
- Weekly
- One-off games?
- Extra for Finals?

I know its hard to compare but it gives us an existing pricing framework to work from

Reply #338205 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If theyre going to do it then it should be free. No point just preaching to the converted.

I cant see it happening until they leave the Ten contract though, because theoretically there will only be one game a week not covered next year and I am pretty sure theyre still hoping that comes to fruition.

Reply #338208 | Report this post

Jerry Dennard Jnr  
Years ago

Definitely add a combo deal/free for season ticket holders/members.

Some people would even watch a replay of the game after getting home from AA, especially if its a great game/good win. This could even increase Season ticket sales

You might even increase regular ticket sales for home games with an NBL-LP as people will watch their team play on the road and become more engaged/committed and want to go to home games.

I think it would be the first national sport with some sort of online League Pass for people to watch all games live or on-demand, perhaps?

Reply #338210 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Free for iiNet customers maybe? Discounted for season ticket holders?

Reply #338213 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

$100-$150 for the season even for 4 games per round. So one per night for thurs, fri, sat and sun. And maybe $30-$40 for a month or $5 for the once off game. iinet customers get it half price and season ticket holders get it 25% off.
25 rounds of 4 games is 100 total games to watch.
No need for commentary or anything special just a couple different cameras on different angles and the ability for the viewer to choose which angle to watch.

Even if 1000 people get the season pass at 150 that is 150,000 which would surely be close to covering the cost of a few cameras at each of the games.

iinet could even make these games available to watch on their fetch system via stream. So people could buy a fetch system for half price when buying a subscription to watch the games on their tv

Reply #338220 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I would say free for everyone. When players at out at schools or local associations they can give out the web address and kids can go home, watch highlights, features, live games and replays.

If you want to spread the word, you have to make it free. It is an investment in getting people watching the product as the NBL wants it presented.

Reply #338221 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Delayed telecast actually suits me, working afternoon shift.
So for me, the current setup is better.

Reply #338222 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

I would pay around $100 for it, if it was more than that I would probably still fork out the money.

But yeah I agree, if the purpose of it is exposure then it should be free. Or at least free to iinet customers.

Reply #338223 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

In terms of me personally, if I had to I would pay up to $300 to get every game live and on-demand on my computer. That's just over $2 per game.

Reply #338225 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

The cost of it wouldn't be an issue.
I have always wanted to purchase the NBA League pass as I think thats good value.

But the problem with any league pass is the internet data it uses..It's astronimcal.

And as a student, I don't exactly have much internet to use per month, and as I understand a game would take up quite a lot of internet.

Reply #338231 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Astronomical*

Damn, my brain function always plummets around exam time.

Reply #338232 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

One are opposed to fair play.
They want it all and they want it their way.
Now , there's a woman , on my block ,
.. she'll just sit there , facing the hill.
She says ; " Who'll ! , take away their licence to kill ? "

Reply #338233 | Report this post

clarky  
Years ago

I like Isaac's idea of free for iiNet customers and discounted for season ticket holders.

I actually had a conversation with someone about this exact topic about 2 weeks before the season started. The basic idea of what we came up with was:

1) Dedicated web-TV style portal for NBL (featuring news, stats, highlights, online only version of Overtime etc)
2) People can pay a small subscription fee (similar to how league pass works) to watch games LIVE!
3) Games will be available for non-paying customers 48 hours after conclusion, and will be taken offline (to free customers, paying customers can watch full season archives) at 12:01am on opening day of the next round
4) online content (games, highlights, news clips etc) will not count against the monthly bandwidth of iiNet customers

I think that was all we came up with...

Reply #338234 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Sounds Awesome Clarky, and id be prepared to pay approx $100 for the season would work out to be less than $1 a game, to see every game live or replay, and like Clarkys idea of free on replay and can watch games for a week, that will will get best of both worlds.

As long as its done well and the video is of good quality it could be better than the current One HD set up, even if it does cost a small amount.

Reply #338241 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Camel, it ain't much I'm askin', I just want the truth. Are you channeling Freddie? Or am I long in the tooth?

Reply #338242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wouldn't pay to watch NBL

Reply #338247 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I'd pay $50-$75 for the entire season and entire playoffs, highlights etc

Reply #338252 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Beantown , I was thinkin ' bout Doctor Darren Ng
and Simpson , with the stitches , still mending.
Hellwell , Crossiwell and Crows training with Dowdell.
But most of all , I was thinkin ' bout Arthur Rimbaud.

Reply #338253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd do $100 for the entire NBL season pass.

Reply #338268 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

At the very least we just want goddamn highlights of every game. It's pathetic.

How hard is it to put together a 3 minute package for each game?

I have no idea what a team even looks like unless I go see them live, because games aren't on tv either.

Reply #338314 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:31 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754