Anonymous
Years ago

No more NBA on OneHD?

IF there is a NBA season, word is that OneHD will not be broadcasting the games as they have not renewed their contract... Can anyone confirm?

Topic #26772 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where you hear that?

Reply #338309 | Report this post

Hoopfan99  
Years ago

Heard the same on courtside.com. Terrible news

Reply #338311 | Report this post

Wozman  
Years ago

Sounds about right. I had my fears this may/would happen. Yay Packer. Well time to upgrade that Atari 2600 to a laptop and pick up a League Pass.

Reply #338322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sadly, its true. Top story here: http://crtsde.com/

Reply #338328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ffs.. first its cut back the nbl for production costs now its no nba when there arent even any production costs for us.. this is all getting a bit bullshit. time to boycott ten, eleven and one altogether.

Reply #338335 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Playing devil's advocate here - the lockout may have forced their hand. Why commit to a product that can't garauntee delivery? Would have messed with the schedule and made it difficult to do a deal with other sports.
Some blame probably rests with the NBA and the NBPA.

Reply #338354 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

If Foxtel don't buy the rights then IF the lockout ends one of the channels could by the rights.
Maybe even One HD.

It would be nice if FETCH TV had the NBA channel, they already have a few Football (soccer) channels.
ie Setanta Sports, ManU, Chelsea, Man City, Real Madrid

Reply #338360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard towards the end of last NBA season that Ten weren't intending to pick up the rights again.

At the time I asked a guy online from Ten who is usually forthcoming with info about the rumour and he refused to address it, so wasn't expecting any NBA on One this season even if the lockout comes to an end.

Reply #338363 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

How much does NBA League Pass cost?

Reply #338376 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

looks like it will all be forced back to pay tv.

Reply #338378 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Cant see myself going back to pay, survived fine without it and there is more bball than I could ever watch available on the net, both legal and otherwise.

Am going to raise the idea of NBA TV on Fetch myself once the lockout ends.

Reply #338380 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yep off to league pass now. I think it was like $100US last year, did not get it but used the free period and it works well.

ONE HD only has NFL now and i guess when the season is finished that will be gone as well. Just a shame that station has gone so far down the drain. I just cant see how as a whole it can be doing better with this vision that its all sport past.

Reply #338391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

packer probably does care that its going down the drain anyway probably wants it to do poorly so has an excuse to close up shop. fox is what he cares about, nly bought a stake in TEN/ONE to kill it off as fox sports competition

Reply #338395 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

One's ratings have increased dramically since the change of format.
Just f'n sucks for us ball fans.
If only we enjoyed trailer park tv.
How that junk rates is beyond me.

Reply #338403 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Lots of trailer park types, anon, I guess that's it. ACA and Today Tonight still on TV after all.

Reply #338405 | Report this post

tallblack  
Years ago

onehd confirmed that NBA would continue this season at the end of last season several times on their official facebook page. looks like they changed their minds- probably, as said based on issues with delivery based on lockout.

Reply #338418 | Report this post

gavmiester  
Years ago

Have had league pass the last few seasons. Last year was definitely the best in regards to the player, general quality of streams, speed of replay. The additional iPad option was a bit of a bust for me....just didn't work well enough.
Having to pay again for play offs is a bit of a prick as well, but when your team finally looks like it can do damage, you will pay to bucks.

Still remember getting up mid week at about 1.30am to watch a bulls vs celtics playoff game that went to triple OT...finished just after 6am and then going to work.........oh, how the lock out BITES.

League Pass isn't currently available, so good luck getting any pricing. Again from memory, it has increased in cost each of the last few seasons, and I think it was north of $160, and the playoff price was an additional $90 bucks.

Starts adding up, but well worth it to watch your team play 90 + games. Pay the cash rather than watching the free streams. League pass player scales up really well on a projector and was widescreen (yep, that cost extra as well at one point), so watching it at 120" with the ability to pause the stream is just brilliant.

Reply #338429 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Interesting if FOX do buy the NBA coverage isnt OneHD dropping it when its owned by the same person WAAAY dodgey.
I mean surely that would have to come to the attention of the ACCC who would do nothing..but well yeh

Reply #338438 | Report this post

Big V  
Years ago

Do not have NBA league pass and is Fox Sports also screening the NBA from 26/12?

Reply #340343 | Report this post

Celtics 18  
Years ago

One cannot be serious, first they delay nbl by three hours and now not even showing the NBA. Come on, it does not cost to produce the NBA as TNT pay for that and it's not even on during prime time television. One needs to pull their heads in and realize they are a sport channel and continue showing sport!!!

Reply #340350 | Report this post

NBAus  
Years ago

ONE HD needs to take a good, long, hard bloody look at what they have done in not renewing their contract with NBA & TNT, here. Do they not realize how many Aussies hang out to watch 2-3 games A WEEK of NBA. Just thought "HELL YES!" the lockout is finally over, back to watching some ball, but obviously not. To make it even worse, our home-grown NBL is delayed hours to ridiculous viewing times for the casual 'NBL' viewer. For god sake ONE HD, ditch the bloody British airline shows and bring back the NBA. "ONE PASSION - SPORT".. Yeah right.

Reply #340354 | Report this post

Ball fan  
Years ago

Bt dot davka dot info is good for games, otherwise there are many sport torrent sites out there, I found more games through that method than watching one hd. It's easy, persistence pays off.

Reply #344679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nba rates much lower than the nbl, not worth their money. Doesn't mean I am not pissed off they don't have it anymore

Reply #344682 | Report this post

J White  
Years ago

will onehd do nba due to complaints.
why so many games per week last year..
is foxtel hd nba upscale low bit shit. is it 1080p.
what internet options are there for direct download pay per game? i dont think a could stream hd fast enough. so about 9gb a game.

Reply #344908 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not just missing NBA... want to see some NCAA on OneHD as well.

Reply #344914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the original idea for OneHD was to provide virtually all sport... with the odd non-sport here and there... now almost feels like complete opposite.

Reply #344915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBAus, just how many aussies do you think hang out for NBA? Basketball in Oz doesn't have an audience wherein the problem lies. A mega short sport like basketball doesn't allow Australian sponsors enough of a return unlike the U S market where short attention span sports rule and the viewing audience size is so large that sponsors are heavily exposed and rewarded.
Soccer is catching on with spectators and sponsors here because it offers twice the exposure rate of basketball in actual playing time.
Real basketball fans that appreciate the nuances of time outs and the short sharp and over style of basketball are few and far between in Australia and the yank system of private ownership is not well accepted.
To get our sport on free to air, fox or associated networks requires a rethink in marketing and just once in a while maybe a team that you follow having the same line up as the year before. It's hard to come to terms with players switching as often as they take a leak.

Reply #344919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

soccer = two hours on tv, basketball = two hours on tv. Some people struggle to think. Soccer is in decline in australia.

Reply #344921 | Report this post

J White  
Years ago

personaly i like the old channel 10 1 game of the week.

the way ONEHD cuts the nba broadcast the moment the game finishers tick me off.

ONEHS should just play one game from TNT a week.

I also red there fedding a low bit 1080i stream.

I have just got a 1080p now but yep no nba. last year i was watching it on a CRT.

Reply #344988 | Report this post

J White  
Years ago

Now Rached Wallace may return. this is not far.
I mean play one game a week. I did not like so many games last year. Why would someone pay for foxtel espnhd that i hear cant even deliver it fill ten eighty progressive high bit rate. this sucks.

Reply #346902 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:06 am, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754