Degenerate
Years ago

Something wrong in the NBA

Last night, after the Eagles versed Woodville, I came home to watch the Calvs Vs The Wizards on ESPN, the commentators kept commenting on how LeBron James was the key success to keeping them alive in the match, but it was clear he hadn't got all the points... The Wizards in the last quarter double teamed James, and the whole Calvs team collapsed, proaving the commentators were right in a way

BUT

This is what I have being trying to say, only one player on a bench of 12, 1 single player keeps the team alive in the "Greatest" comp in the world! Their is something wrong with the NBA when only 1 guy keeps a team awake

Your thoughts

Topic #2678 | Report this topic

Stephon  
Years ago

I was very impressed with Washington. First I've seen of them this year and they play an entertaining brand of basketball.

Arenas, Jamison and Hughes played excellent and they have decent role players around them.

James is at another level. He just keeps getting better and better but he needs help! Its not like he wasn't getting the ball to open guys. It was just the open guys couldn't hit any shots.

Reply #30144 | Report this post

negyven_negy  
Years ago

I watched that game and was becoming frustrated with how often Bill Walton said LeBron James is the only guys out there for the Cavaliers etc. when unless he scored 107 points in the game without me noticing, some other players must have done some things as well. LeBron is a wonderfully talented player, but he can not (and is not) do it all by himself. Zydrunas Ilgauskas (playing hurt last night), Drew Gooden, Jeff McInnis, Anderson Varejao and Sasha Pavlovic all make useful contributions so I think its unfair they are considered to be 'carried' by LeBron every night.

Reply #30145 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

If you've been watching all season, LeBron tries hard early to get team mates involved and turns down alot of shots to get them to score. He knows for the team to win he can't score ALL the points.

LeBron CAN keep a team in the game, but as has been proven, can't get them the wins they need.

Reply #30182 | Report this post

negyven_negy  
Years ago

I know LeBron is a team player but he does take some wild shots when his team is in desperate need late in games eg. turnaround fadeaway 3 pointer with 2 defenders on him with about 1:30 to go vs. Washington on Saturday. I'm sure if he was more patient he could have got a better shot. What I don't understand is why the Cavs haven't used 2004 College 3-Point Shootout Champion Luke Jackson. They could definately use the outside help to streetch the defence and draw attention away from LeBron so he can get easier scores or set-ups.

Reply #30201 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Luke Jackson is on the injured list.

Reply #30204 | Report this post

negyven_negy  
Years ago

Oh ok I didn't realise he was injured. But even when he wasn't I didn't think the Cavs were using him much anyway.

Reply #30221 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Jackson has been out all season, plus he's a candidate for 'trade bait' come next season.

Reply #30399 | Report this post

boykins rulz  
Years ago

i hate it when people say it is all one player. james is good but he cant do it alone, he has got a good team to help him.

Reply #32030 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:35 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754