Isaac
Years ago

NBL News

Cameron Rigby joins the Hawks. Article in the Illawarra Mercury.

Kings first import is strongly rumoured to be 6'5" and 220lb from Charlotte, NC; someone suggests Thomas Mobley (look him up on ESPN -- good stats). Word is that Brisbane were also keeping an eye on him.

Nielsen had a bit of an average game to finish off in the summer league, but saw good minutes throughout his stint.

Perth are trialling Ontario Lett in Taiwan. 8 and 11 in the first game. 23 in the next. 6'5" from U of Pittsburgh.

Someone from the Breakers has posted on the OzHoops forum looking for ideas for half-time entertainment -- nice move!

Also the NBL Blitz pre-season comp will be back in Sydney, over a weekend in September. Townsville are playing practice games in Cairns, Perth and Sydney. Not sure what the Sixers plans are this year.

Topic #268 | Report this topic

The Dixie Belle's have approached the Sixers to launch their debut C.D during the half time of the Sixers first home game.

Paul Bell's new drop step - 'boot scoot to the hoop' is a real humdinger and fans will be thigh slapping well into the 3rd quarter.

The Dixie Belle's comprise of talented musicians Chris Dix, Jason Dix & Boot Scooter Paul Bell.

Reply #2020 | Report this post

Music Man  
Years ago

Bootney you have got to get me a copy of their cd so i can play it during the game...tried to down load it from dixiebelles.com but all i got was distortion!!

The film clip is very interesting...how did they get Paris Hilton to do a cameo?

Reply #2022 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Got nothing but distortion??

Will sound like everything else on the clapped out aging sound system at The Dome. :)

Reply #2034 | Report this post

Music Man  
Years ago

You are a bad man Yogee!!

Reply #2039 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Hey, the music itself is good, just a pity it takes 4 1/2 minutes of a 5 minute song to work out what it is.

I know BASA and the 36ers dont have money to splash around, but it would be nice to get a new scoreboard, and some decent speakers....the sound at Pasadena is even better!

Reply #2047 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Personally, I don't have a problem with the sound system and I don't think it should be a focus for improvement.

I look for a quality game (preferably a win, of course!), good entertainment, big crowd and atmosphere, etc. The music is alright, I like the announcer, half-time entertainment is a bit bland, the dancers are excellent, the cost of tickets is probably a touch too high, the marketing of games is weak, etc.

My target would be a full Dome before almost anything else. It's not great going to a game, looking around, and seeing so many empty seats.

Reply #2074 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

The nose bleed section tickets that you used to be able to buy at the gate for about $10-12, are they still available?

Reply #2079 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I would ring the front office and ask them

Reply #2093 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Well, above the concourse and behind the basket are cheaper for season tickets, and the season tickets are claimed as "lower prices" than regular tickets.

At $299/season or $18.70/game for these seats for every game, you'd probably assume that the cheapest tickets are around $20/seat for walk-up prices. But who knows -- maybe there are $10 tickets for the back 3 rows or something?

Let us know what you find out!

Reply #2096 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:13 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754