Aspiring Coach
Years ago

Moving to Victoria; which club to coach at?

Im moving to victoria to study at a uni there.

Ive decided while im there i would become involved in a club and try and gain some experience coaching

What would people's recommendations be. Who is the strongest club, Who would i learn the most from etc.

Interested in everyones opinion

Topic #26810 | Report this topic

Anon  
Years ago

What age are you looking at coaching?? Boys or girls?? It seems strange but it does make a difference.

Reply #338813 | Report this post

chicken parmy  
Years ago

where will you live - melbourne is a lot bigger and find a good club close by - i.e. if you live at geelong / williamstown - you dont want eltham or dandy

if you are philip island way - frankston etc

it is not like living at golden grove and coaching at eagles

Reply #338845 | Report this post

dud  
Years ago

Id go for the bigger associations - Kilsyth, Knox, Dandenong

Reply #338923 | Report this post

Aspiring Coach  
Years ago

Age group - I would like to coach the older age groups and hopefully a higher division (assistant coaching is fine)
Boys or girls - doesnt bother me

Location - Im hoping to study at Monash or Deakin but nothing is defiant yet

Reply #338961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

almost all the Victorian Assocations have great coaches programs.

Just pick one that you'll find easiest to get to and go from there.

Reply #338962 | Report this post

chicken parmy  
Years ago

monash or deakin - try nunawading, bulleen, hawthorn to name a few close by

Reply #338972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HOw about starting at a club that will allow you to watch and learn for starters.
Then maybe become the 3rd banana on a coaching roster.
Older ages groups is fine!!!Well there you go. It's solved.

Or how about you tell us your credentials for starters. Who you coach now, etc. years of coaching and a short resume before you just decide where you will go.

Reply #338973 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Wow, that's seems a bit rough! I don't think Aspiring Coach is thinking he/she is going to walk in and take Tom Mahar's job. They're just looking for info on the area. Chill out!

Chicken Parmy is right. Hawthorn, Bulleen and nunawading are fairly close and all have senior programs if that's something you're looking at. All have some good junior coaches too. The only tough part will be that teams and coaches are finalized so you may want to get in touch with some of them ASAP.

Hope this helps!!

Reply #338976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne, Knox Dandenong are all good, Diamond Valley have been getting some good results with the Junior program and Blackburn, Werribee and Altona all moving in right direction

Reply #339087 | Report this post

Aspiring Coach  
Years ago

thanks guys all this info is great
ill remember next time to ask for anon's permission before i ask a question.

Reply #339299 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:52 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754