Big Ads
Years ago

Cairns v NZ R7

So the snakes just pip the Breakers, which now means every team has no less than 3 losses.

CJ 0-6 from behind the arc and 0-9 for the game, tough night.

As unconvincing as they have been, the thought of the Sixers being only 2 games off top spot is reason to believe this season might just turn out to be the most interesting season yet and possibly a good one for tolerant/patient fans.

Pity about Patty leaving. Glad Chris 'Johnny' Warren isn't. Que Luke Kendall.

Topic #26862 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

+/- for the game:

Cairns

• Alex Loughton (12)
  • Jamar Wilson (10)
  • Aaron Grabau (9)
  • Dean Brebner (5)
  • Andrew Warren (2)
  • Ian Crosswhite (1)
  • Deba George (0)
  • Brad Hill (-7)
  • Kerry Williams (-8)
  • Jeff Dowdell (-14)

New Zealand
  • Daryl Corletto (6)
  • Gary Wilkinson (5)
  • Benny Anthony (2)
  • Josh Bloxham (2)
  • Thomas Abercrombie (0)
  • Dillon Boucher (-3)
  • Mika Vukona (-5)
  • Alex Pledger (-5)
  • Cedric Jackson (-6)
  • Cj Bruton (-11)

Reply #339525 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Where do you get these stats Isaac?
Or do you tally them up yourself?

Reply #339534 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Breakers had a chance to win it and it didn't drop so props to the Taipans on the W.

Reply #339539 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I wrote a script last season that checks the NBL schedule, finds games that have been completed, then runs through each for play-by-play information calculating who is on at what point and what their +/- is as a result. It gives me a list of cumulative +/- and also the best/worst single-game figures. Once I associate players with teams, it can rank players within teams. Just a lazy Sunday afternoon project, basically.

I set it up so that it gives me HTML to paste in here with players colour-coded based on whether they were positive or negative, etc.

Last year I also set it up at one point to calculate the best and worst 2-, 3-, 4- and 5-man combinations. Haven't had time to find out what I did with that code yet to get it running again.

If anyone is ever interested in a particular past game or where a player ranks, yell out.

Reply #339571 | Report this post

snake5  
Years ago

Very close game, but happy to see the Taipans grab another gritty win.

Loughton top scored with 22, closely followed by Drew Warren with 21. Their performances in the last two games.....I probably owe apologies to both, after my comments in earlier threads.

Loughton was aggressive; best I've seen him play for some time.

Warren has turned the corner, and is now doing what Fearne hired him for (no doubt after some 'gentle' words in his ear), and is really enjoying his game.

Reply #339572 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:13 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754