Royal Blue
Years ago

Bring back the Royal Blue

Watching the boys on Saturday night and how great the uniforms look made me really wish we hadn't switched to Navy 5 or 6 years ago. I'm still baffled as to why we did and presume it was to make us look more like the Crows.

Regardless of whether all teams have to each share the same template for their uniform design, I would like to see us switch back to the royal blue colour from the dull boring navy blue we curently endure.

That's the colour that reminds me of 36ers championships.

Topic #26868 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The Heritage jersey certainly looked great.

I don't know how much say the Sixers have in the uniform design. I know there is a standard for logo placement, colour location etc.

If we wore the Heritage again, there would be no complaints from this corner

Reply #339587 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Why do we have the stock standard designs in the nbl anyway? Shows a lack of individuality in the teams and the league. The uniforms seem to change every year anyway, so maybe we will get lucky and somebody with a brain will be in charge of organizing them next year.

Reply #339621 | Report this post

Rasheed30  
Years ago

And1 & Fiddes taking the easy option. Who wears And1 anymore? Hardly any players in the NBL do, I know the Chinese Brand Peak sponsor The Boomers & are on the prowl to get some of the guys to wear them. Pity Nike don't really care about Basketball here they wold do some crazy ones, just look at the NCAA uni's!!!

Reply #339626 | Report this post

Bogger  
Years ago

yep! certainly looked really good out there during the game. I just can't get into this new logo... and why have they been changing it soooo much over the years. I think it's better to stick to one strong brand/image so that the fans can love it and appreciate it. Look at the bulls, they haven't changed for a long time and it still looks cool.

Reply #339639 | Report this post

birdman  
Years ago

the new and current logo is way better IMO!

Reply #339658 | Report this post

Singlets  
Years ago

it is this type of reaction that makes heritage round so good, I am sure if we wore it again and lost by 20 some people would say dont wear it again ....

Reply #339702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The logo hasn't changed for about 10 years. The blue of the current uniform is the correct blue of the state colors. The blue of the heritage uni was that of pura milk.

Reply #339707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is also not Navy Blue - we did go to the Navy a while back, but returned to state blue after that fateful season spent in red.

Reply #339712 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon, the logo changed a few times in the last ten years.

In 1998/99 we went to the logo we saw on the weekend.

Around 2004 a new 'Sixers' font was on the jersey with the old logo in a very small print on the jersey.

Around 2007 we went to the current logo.

Reply #339729 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:58 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754