Spewing
Years ago

U18 div 1 boys

With the mavs pulling the pin on this season, what happens to the teams that haven't had the chance to flog them yet, can't gain percentage with a bye!

And before everyone says its only summer, the makeup of the ladder counts towards state champ seedings.

Topic #26871 | Report this topic

?  
Years ago

isn't the state champ seedings round 9 or so ?

% is the last factor - split / points spread in results a better guide.

Reply #339660 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

if they have bailed - you will find their earlier results will be withdrawn - so yhe % will not exist.

pro/rel across the board

Reply #339662 | Report this post

nix67  
Years ago

spewing - % has nothing to do with seedings/ladder positions. even in the case of a tie on w/l ratio, only results between tied teams are relevant. ask your coach, they'll be able to explain it for you.

also, as ? has noted, mavs results will be withdrawn, so the bigger issue is, why did the five teams that played them have to waste a fri night playing one of the worst 18 boys teams in a long time? be thankful you didn't have to put up with it.

Reply #339664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On another note. Interesting to see that the person who has done the scheduling has organised his team to play both the top 2 teams while each team has their best player away on SASI tour. Coincidence? I think not.

Reply #339681 | Report this post

nix67  
Years ago

#681, please tell us you are not serious. If you are, you just won the dumbest post ever award. Yeah, Arnott arranged this on purpose because winning two meaningless games in summer means so much to him. I think NOT. I'm sure he'd rather test his team against others at full strength.

Reply #339686 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why don't we just respect the Mavericks for an honest decision for the good of Div 1.

Thank you for respecting the competition and I am sure that team will be much better suited to div 2.

I wish there were more Coaching Directors and team coaches with the same credibility. The competition across the board would be so better off.

Mavs you have a new supporter with me))

Reply #339687 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

i agree - to me it is more important to get the team in the right grade rather than the 'div 1' badge.

my dealings with youth would rather play on a good team regardless on grade rather than play div 1 and get owned every week.

start and build - if you look at any long term club - thats how they got to be where they are now.

Reply #339700 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

looking at some of the results / ladders in a few grades - some clubs will need to rethink - to me - if a team does not win a game over summer and has a % of less than 33 - i.e. not even getting 1/3 of their opponents score - they would need a damn good reason to stay in that grade.

Reply #339701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wouldn't put it beyond Arnott to do something like that...

Reply #339711 | Report this post

Juno  
Years ago

Considering the number of questionable incidents previously like having his team graded in the wrong State Champs group, and the number of times Forestville get preferential treatment, I wouldn't put it past Mr Biscut to be giving his team a helping hand in making sure they get an easier State Champs pool by finishing first over summer.

Reply #339713 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wont matter to forrestville because they wont get close to sturt or southern when at full strength, apparently when they played southern the other week the tigers not only had there best player away but two others out injured, and were outscored after half time. Not really Mr Biscuits fault that a meaningless tour was organised during the season.

Reply #339716 | Report this post

Juno  
Years ago

Well it might matter, depending on results. Especially considering Southern and Sturt will meet again before the end of the season.

Also, it means that any slip up and Forestville might avoid both team atlogether at State Champs. If they both finish 2nd and 4th.

Reply #339730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Had a friend say to me that this would be the case after the first 5 rounds came out. He said it like it was no suprise that it would happen, and it has!

Reply #339771 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I don't know if this is true, but I have been told that the actual schedule is supposedly done using certain software independent of variables. Teams are entered, court availability etc, then the button pushed. Can anyone confirm?

The schedule should be able to be re-used year after year.

Some of you guys make Paul sound like he is sitting in a lair with a grey suit stroking a cat surrounded with sharks armed with fricking lasers!

Reply #339775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The software doesnt use court availability. Hence the number of changes that occur during the season.

Dependent on where teams are entered, will be enlarge decide who plays who when.

Reply #339777 | Report this post

tim tam  
Years ago

someone has to enter the variable into the system as well.

hmm tigers have best player away here and so do sturt hmmmm forestville might have to play them then ha ha ha ha ha ha

Reply #339779 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:16 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754