Anonymous
Years ago

Nov 24: New Zealand vs Townsville

Can anyone point me towards a live stream of the NZ vs crocs game tonight?

Topic #26896 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

Yeah chasing too. Crocs are smashing them, midway through second.

Reply #340006 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Both teams have as many turnovers as assists. Only in the NBL...

Reply #340009 | Report this post

Miss.charli  
Years ago

I am on the andthefoul.net mailing list and they are pretty up to date with all streams, and they said that there are none available live. I know it's not the same but you can listen to the radio coverage live through the nbl website. :)

Reply #340010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone know if andthefoul.net will be uploading the game to download?

Reply #340013 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Pisspoor effort by the Crocs to throw that huge lead away.

You can't rely on Holmes to be your leading scorer...

The ghost of Trevor Gleeson's dreadful offensive schemes are hanging around...

Reply #340016 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Could see that the Breakers were going to fight back, but was shocked when I checked back for the final score. From 19 up to 14 down.

Reply #340020 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Crocs came out on fire and built a huge lead ( up to 21 points at one stage) and Breakers looked shellshocked. Everything dropped for Townsville and nothing dropped for NZ and way to many turnovers. Lemanis tried to mix it up and find a combination that could get it going and even run young Bloxham at the point. CJ played 6mins in total and looked like his knees were hurting. Bout halfway through the second quarter after a couple of servings from Lemanis the Breakers started playing better D and shots started dropping and they clawed their way back into the game. Jackson had a double double (11 points 12 boards, 8 assists, 4 steals) and Corletto had 16 points. Abercrombie scored 19 with 1 block and a couple of steals and Wilkinson got 18. Vukona was pretty quiet and looked like me at the freethrow line going 0/4 and Leon Henry finally got onto the court and played well, 5 points 5 rebounds and plenty of energy.
Jacob Holmes, all I can say is WOW!!!
21 points including 5/5 threes.
Crawford was good and early everyone for the Crocs looked dangerous, until people started guarding them, and stopped the Cocs from skipping down the lane for a layups. The Crocs are playing pretty small due to injuries and it hurt them on the glass and NZ played 6 foot 6 Leon Henry at the 2 for periods with Abercrombie at the 3 and their length worked.
Breakers eventually smashed them on the boards 40/27
88-74 final score
Tigers next for NZ. Lost by three last time but no Mills this time but I don't think it will hurt them as I rate their other guards.

Reply #340023 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

YEAH WHITE!!!

Reply #340025 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Mick, you do understand half the Euroleague average more turnovers than assists?

Great comeback by NZ. Sometimes it's dangerous to get so far in front so early. Gives you too long to think about protecting your lead. Nice to see Abercrombie putting some consistent offensive form together. Jackson is just so tough, best PG so far slightly ahead of Wilson.

Reply #340029 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I agree Paul on the Jackson call, love watching him pull down rebounds and strip players at the top and getting his team mates open looks. He is still nursing that ankle injury and at a few points in the game it looked to be troubling him. Jacob Holmes was great, there were a few flashes of the old Holmes with an airball and a few bricks but on the whole he was deadly. A couple of those 3's he hit were contested and difficult shots. Gill looked dangerous all game going at the hole using his speed and strength to get foul calls but didn't really light up the scoreboard and Mimms was hampered by early foul trouble and fouled out in the early stages of the 4th on an Abercrombie drive.
2 Crocs made double figures compared to NZ's 4

Reply #340044 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Here's the +/-:

New Zealand

• Daryl Corletto (22)
  • Thomas Abercrombie (20)
  • Gary Wilkinson (14)
  • Mika Vukona (11)
  • Leon Henry (10)
  • Cedric Jackson (10)
  • Josh Bloxham (4)
  • Alex Pledger (3)
  • Dillon Boucher (-3)
  • Benny Anthony (-6)
  • Cj Bruton (-15)

Townsville
  • Ben Allen (14)
  • Chris Cedar (2)
  • Elvin Mims (-3)
  • Michael Cedar (-3)
  • Peter Crawford (-14)
  • Jacob Holmes (-14)
  • Eddie Gill (-16)
  • Greg Vanderjagt (-17)
  • Todd Blanchfield (-19)

Reply #340054 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Shows how flawed +/- can be in a game like this, where Townsville had a huge lead and then lost by a huge margin.

Because Townsville was blowing the game out early, Allen & Cedar got some time with the team holding momentum (Cedar turned the ball over 3 times quicker than I've ever seen anyone do, Allen did absolutely nothing, as usual).

Reply #340062 | Report this post

Cell  
Years ago

Believe it or not the turning point was when breakers development player Josh Bloxham hit a 3 in the 2nd 1/4

Reply #340063 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

This is probably the most frustrating Crocs team I've seen in a while.

When they're on it looks like no one can compete with them, nothing but layups and fastbreaks from stops due to their defensive length. When they're off, they look like a middle-rung ABA team.

It's purely an effort thing.

Guys like Cedar & Allen need to realise that staying late and arriving for training and working your butt off during the week doesn't mean shit if you don't try on the night.

I'd be so pissed off if I were Holmes or Crawford this season...

In one you have a guy who didn't even make a roster at the start of the season, in the other you have a veteran LOCAL player who was passed over for captaincy for a guy who is yet to prove he can even be succesful at this level...

Reply #340085 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

A lot of good points, but really I think the Crocs will be too busy trying to keep the boat steady until Schenscher gets on board to be too pissed off.

Reply #340090 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

yeah kind of cell, he also got fully stripped at halfway for a layup as well but that 3 he hit was the start of the tide starting to turn. Henry was like a mini Vukona coming off the bench and he's not shy to jak up shots either. He played some smart D and made the most of his minutes as Pledger does every week.
Fully agree with the comment about Crawford and Holmes being pissed off at their teams effort, I def would if I was them.

Reply #340111 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:59 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754