Anonymous
Years ago

Boti takes shot at 36ers fans

If the effort level on the floor is poor, then the option is to leave the venue temporarily disheartened and, at worst, next time leave the seat empty.

True fans understand building a team is a like a gourmet feast, not a happy meal.

Booing?

Really?

The most knowledgeable simply should know better.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/basketball/our-fans-taint-reputation/story-e6frect3-1226206299169

Pretty weak article really if the fans want to boo that is their choice and I'm sure the SOS group would prefer people to at least turn up.

Topic #26911 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bot got it right, Booing is completely classless... Sorry but Real Basketball suppoorters dont boo their team..

Reply #340120 | Report this post

____  
Years ago

the last game i was at was the Sydney game
and after the game i heard booing but when i looked around it was about 3-4 people. Not sure if this is the same at all games but to me dont base everyone on one person
but it is classic boti, i dont think im yet to read something from boti and not feel offended

Reply #340121 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

What are we discussing here, 4000-5000 people booing or a dozen or so.

Those not attending the games might perceive the majority of the crowds have turned against the team, which is not the case. The crowd is still supportive and the games are still reasonably well attended given the circumstances.

Reply #340122 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

In the example of the Sydney game I am convinced that the majority of the booing was directed towards the referees not the team.

Reply #340123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doesnt matter how many people boo or who its directed to its poor form and bad sportsmanship.

Reply #340125 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

Yeah were not Americans. Never Boo the Sixers! The only time I've ever booed at a Sixers game was when Julius stomped the floor. This is our city, our team, our court!
These bad times happen to every franchise, it just means when we win our next title one day it's gonna taste f@kn sweet!

Reply #340127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boti doesn't pay to get in which means he doesn't loose cash for trash and his boos are put in his column. Chastising fans about their behaviour is a bit rich coming from Mr Nagy because, around the coaching traps, he's not been lily white.

Reply #340128 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

If anyone did honestly boo at the team, please admit it on this forum. Not because I want to know who they are, but to actually see if fans are booing their team. Like TC said, it was aimed at the refs. The last Adelaide/Sydney game went to overtime where some of the refs' calls were very questionable up until that time. I would not be surprised if there was booing after that game and aimed at the refs.

Reply #340142 | Report this post

KB3  
Years ago

This coming from a guy who is very quick to stick the knife into any player or coach he doesnt like or get a long with

2 faced indeed

Reply #340146 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

yeah,not a huge fan of booing in general......maybe it should be just a hometown roar of some sort ??
i know one thing, booing is really hard to explain and justify to my kids...they dont know if it is rude/disrespectful or joking.(they are 9&7yrs)

Reply #340147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ive taught my kids booing shows they are bad sports and know nothing about the sport, they are growing up seeing booing as bad sportsmanship, both of them now think people that boo are bad sports... Booing the refs is even worse.

Reply #340148 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Boti is correct- booing is not a good sign of sportsmanship, but can he justify the role of a coach taking 'cheap shots' at opposition female players so that they might become upset enough to give his team an edge?
Bot er Pot calling the kettle black!

Reply #340155 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Is anyone still running with this "most knowledgable" thing besides Boti? I find it a bit embarrassing and was going to see how long the season could run without it getting raised. Every city is going to have its hardcore fans, surely.

Reply #340156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cant stand boti, so full of shite and hipocrit on so many subjects about so many things with so many people. most i know really just cbf with him nobody gives 2 hoots about his small minded opinions based on little facts anyway except in adelaide. he is nobody outside of SA, surely !

Reply #340163 | Report this post

36erssolja  
Years ago

I sat bhack and waited with breathe at what the response would be at the sydney game.

I firmly believe the booing was an indirectly aimed towards crosswell who threw the ball outta play several times and also maybe at Weigh given he gets good time and did little(for that game).

The refs at thwe sydney game were deplorable but funnily enough, the reffing agsinst melbourne was actually pretty fair. in saying that, you can have a good game, and lose butif the refs are standard, then im happy. if not, they add to the loss.

i think boti should worry about writing positive comments rather than ear bashing others.

Reply #340164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What does a boo mean? If you clap is that the opposite? If you pay money to watch a performance and you get underperformance why is booing poor sportsmanship surely it is just letting everyone in the team know they better serve up better?
If booing is poor form so is applause because why should good performance being rewarded by thunderous ovations be any different to wretched performances denounced with boos?
Seasons are delineated by which takes precedence.

Reply #340182 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Long term pathetic displays on the floor need to be accounted for and if the knowlegable fans think they desrve to be booed off , then they pay their entry and can do what they want.
I would have thought Boti should have been commenting on the fans walking out at 3/4 time as well.
Years of underachieving can only keep the true fans around. That wont pay the bills.

Reply #340186 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

The most knowledgable fans..........I agree it is cringe worthly stuff. Comparing our fans to the knicks / madison square garden fans is like chalk and cheese. I'd like to drop it as well

Reply #340188 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It's a fair comparison, they both boo the home team!

Reply #340206 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I thought people were booing the refs after that Sydney game. Was at the soccer last night and although United were mostly really average, I think it was the refs getting booed then because of a few bad calls.

Reply #340209 | Report this post

Kook Moe Dee  
Years ago

Booooooooti

Reply #340213 | Report this post

Kool Moe Dee  
Years ago

Booooooooti

Reply #340214 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Anyone go to freakonomics at all? It's a great website by an economist and a journalist to which they make observations about society. It's entertaining stuff.

Worth checking out as they discuss booing.

http://www.freakonomics.com/2011/11/10/boo-who-a-new-freakonomics-radio-podcast/

Reply #340318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I booed the team at the king's game. It was directed at DJ's shithouse defence, Weigh's non-existent box-outs plus Marty's shit rotations and offensive structure in overtime.

So there....and I'll do it again because I work hard to pay for my season tickets.

Reply #340369 | Report this post

Singlets  
Years ago

Why do people like the above thread think cos they buy a season tickets they can do what they want, do people really think our players are not trying, do people really think the players, club and owners are not hurting at the performance.

Seriously people lets be sensible, oh of course these are probably the same people that think Boti is a genius when he rights something to trash the club but when he has a go at the "i spend $300 to do what I want people" then he is apparently crap and no one reads him anymore.

We do not have the most knowledge but sometimes we can be the most pathetic.

Serioulsy some people do need to grow up.

Reply #340519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When you know the game and have been involved at an elite level yourself, and see some (emphasis on some) guys making no effort on the defensive end, we more than have a right to show our disgust.

Reply #340533 | Report this post

Vesta 57  
Years ago

Same happens in AFL there are idiots everywhere, Richmond fans spat on Spud Frawley. Crows fans didn't treat Robert Shaw much better either.

Reply #340754 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:10 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754