Anonymous
Years ago

Most Entertaining NBL player?

Just wondering to see who people think is the most entertaining player in the NBL currently?

I'm going to throw Jerai Grant out there, he makes Sydney exciting to watch. Go check out Sydney's highlight videos on the NBL's youtube channel to see what i mean. Sydney V Perth from last round has two great dunks from him.

Topic #26943 | Report this topic

dud  
Years ago

Most entertaining to watch or most entertaining to listen to?

Grant does do some good things when he is on.

Reply #340631 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Julian Khazzouh.

Reply #340632 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

yea grant was great against perth was a bit annoyed when a couple of soft fouls got him sent off early

Reply #340634 | Report this post

Justin  
Years ago

Gotta love seeing him sitting on redhage' head

Reply #340645 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Deleon, Grant, Chris Warren, Walker, Abercrombie, Jackson, Catron & i like watching Aaron Bruce when he's switched on. No Perth player really excites me..

Reply #340651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Grant, Deleon and Kevin Lisch

Reply #340655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now that Patty Mills has gone on to bigger things I would say DeLeon with Jerai Grant a close second.

DeLeon seriously destroyed Ng & Creek on a couople of moves on the weekend.

Reply #340657 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Cedric Jackson, guy has the ball on a string and finds another gear with ease. Even with his ankle issue over the last couple of games he has been exciting.

Reply #340660 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Seriously destroyed? Deleon hit a contested three on Creek where the commentators noted that Creek had done all he could.

Against Ng, Deleon got him with one hesitation move. On his other two drives, Ng blocked him once, and Deleon forced up a bad shot that missed on the other.

Dribbling around a lot without scoring is not quite "destroying" even though it looked like he was in control.

Reply #340662 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Yeah I'm not that impressed by Deleon either...

Reply #340665 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Oh, I was impressed by him - he is very talented, hit his shots, didn't force anything - just didn't think he destroyed anyone in particular. More so "just" had a strong, all-around game.

Reply #340668 | Report this post

Muzz Buzz  
Years ago

I am going to say Diamon. Reason is that he hustles, crashes the glass, plays solid d and looks to block shots whenever he can and also dunks at every opportunity

He has a lot to offer the purist fan as well as the highlight real fan

Reply #340670 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Jerai Grant

I like watching this bloke when he's on the court. His hops and athletism is amazing.
However sometimes the Refs wreck it for him and call soft fouls on him reducing his minutes.

But when he's on, he's lovely to watch.

Reply #340675 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Muzz, I was going to say the same thing. I enjoy watching the hard-working player who gets his numbers as much or more than the slick handles. I also find it interesting to watch DJ's confidence grow on offence. And I find Ng entertaining.

I might have some uncommon, puzzling choices - in Wollongong, R Martin (coach-killing freelancer) and Davidson (never know when he'll blow that fuse). In Sydney, another Martin (quietly goes about it). At Gold Coast, Petrie. Goulding is OK too, but a bit easy to dislike despite his game. Schenscher. Redhage is clunky, but I admire his instinct. D Martin you have to respect. Triple-Martin - what do I win?

Reply #340683 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Adris for me!

Agree with Ng too. Love that suspense in the Dome crowd when you can tell he's about to get an open look. Love watching Catron too.

Reply #340711 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I enjoy watching Tovey and Bruce, both can be very creative. It's a long list though I think. Khazzouh can do sme very impressive things for a 6'11 guy, as can Johnson - his full court move against Gold Coast was special.

Most of the import PGs are great to watch. Harvey when his shot is on, not to mention Goulding. Im starting to feel a bit Bruce McAvaney-ish!

Reply #340715 | Report this post

2 live crew  
Years ago

Isaac wins a pair of Doc Martins

Reply #340720 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

paul, I was reading that internally in a Bruce voice before I even got to the last line. Must've seen the name subconsciously.

Reply #340734 | Report this post

Cell  
Years ago

Grant, Abercrombie and Jackson are some exciting players

Reply #340736 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Could have been the use of the word SPECIAL!

Reply #340739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For you Paul

Reply #340740 | Report this post

Wozman  
Years ago

Grant definately. Sitting on Redhage's head and almost putting Matt Knight on a poster, unfortunately missing the dunk. Also Andrew Warren when he is on, very smooth looking jump shot. Gotta emphasise, 'when he is on'.

Reply #340745 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

At the moment Diamon.

He would go through a brick wall to get a rebound. I love his relentlessnessness.

Also gotta admire Worthington. Was not blessed with much bar height, just works hard at lots of different things.

Reply #340749 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Catron!

Reply #340766 | Report this post

Ba  
Years ago

Reply #340775 | Report this post

BaLler  
Years ago

I watched the Sydney vs Melbourne game on Monday. The imports for the tigers can throw down some very impressive dunks e.g. One of them did a 360 alley oop dunk and the other did a windmill dunk with ease. These players could be very entertaining if they put these skills into a game!

Reply #340777 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:01 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754