Isaac
Years ago

Schenscher to suit this weekend

Pivotal centre Luke Schenscher has come through his first two days of full training with the team after pre-season hip surgery with flying colours.

Woolpert said he'd seen about enough to declare the 216cm giant would suit up against the Hawks.

"He will not be 100 per cent the first time he plays, he'll work himself into condition," Woolpert said.

"The good news is there is no pain whatsoever in his hip, it's just the other joints and body parts that he hasn't used in the last eight or nine weeks that are a little sore, but nothing to be overly concerned about.

"He and I will talk more about it but he's practising the entire practices ... so he will be suiting up."
Whether he plays may be a different story, but this is great news for Luke. Full article including a bit on Eddie Gill's attempts to be fit for the game.

Topic #26953 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

YES!!!!!

Reply #340836 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Such a shame he isnt a 36er.

Reply #340848 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Speaking of suiting but not playing, what's the deal with Mitch Norton?

I get it, he's young, and coming back from injury, but why not use a development player slot on him and replace the roster spot with a contributer if you're just going to let him ride the bench, especially when the roster is so shallow, and the current development player slot is being wasted on a 23 (!!!) year old with no future in professional basketball.

Norton hasnt got a single minute yet.

Reply #340851 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think Norton rejected a DP spot. I would wait and see if he starts getting a few minutes as he gets into game shape before making judgement.

Reply #340863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so whats happening with vandy ?

is he still on the team

Reply #340864 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Paul: that's what I'm saying... Why doesn't get get a run? I'm not bashing him, he's got a nice game and he's a smart player.

I could be wrong but there's not many guys on two year deals in this league that are yet to see an nbl minute. Just wondering what the crocs take on the situation is. With his sweet shot I think he could contribute.

Reply #340875 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Assuming his injury is ok, I reckon they are waiting until he is in a bit better game shape and can produce at training before throwing him to the wolves. If he still hasnt played in a month, I think your questions might be warranted, once again, assuming there are no issues with his foot.

Reply #340877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On another note, why are they carrying a 23 year old power forward who is a shade over six foot two as a development player...

Reply #340909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

power forward??? wow you know what you're talking about...

Reply #340913 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When you have the skillset of a 4, you are a 4, don't care how tall you are.

Reply #340931 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

He's more of a 3-4 tweener actually, in terms of skills and tools.

Hardworking,yes, but doesn't have the tools to be a little guy, and too old for a development slot IMO.

Reply #340941 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:14 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754