Bulldog
Years ago

Jason Williams big in loss

For those that are interested, Jason Williams was promoted to starting point guard for the Pioneers in the absence of an injured Tim Duggan.

Williams played 42 minutes and scored 19 points on 6 of 9 shooting, including 5 of 6 from long range.

He also added 6 rebounds, 8 assists and 4 steals.

Good night out considering the Pioneers lost to Geelong by 10.

Topic #2696 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I haven't been keeping any track of his performances, but being promoted to the point guard duties? Has he been coming of the bench? Or been playing the off guard the majority of the time

Reply #30356 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Who did Geelong have? They had a tall skinny black guy with a headband last ABA season who was pretty good (I think a few clubs where considering him mid season -NBL)

Reply #30376 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

They've got Chris Lynch who played at Dandenong last season (small forward) and also Jamal Brown who was there last season. I know West Sydney cane down to Mount Gambier to check out Jamie Holmes and Jamal last season. They've also got Jason Reardon who's been playing pretty well for them this year.

Reply #30381 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

If you want to talk BIG time in that game, check out my boy Holmes who scored 41 points!

Reply #30382 | Report this post

rare23air  
Years ago

Sloppy was obviously awersome! But no big enough to lure the player of the week from damon lowery!

Reply #30421 | Report this post

Bulldog  
Years ago

Anonymous, Jason has been coming off the bench as he settles in to his new surroundings and continues to recover from a series of injuries.

Reply #30480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah Holmes scored 41, but when you take twice as many shots as everybody else you should be scoring big.

15 of 29 from the field, and 2 from 6 from downtown.

Why is the centre taking 6 threes?

Sedlock took the closest amount of shots with 17, 12 shots is a big difference.

And as for him getting player of the week, had he of pulled in his usual numbers on the boards he probably would have got it.

Lowery got it cos he dished out 11 assists while scoring 20 odd in one game.

Reply #30485 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

"Why is the centre taking 6 threes?"

Because he can? 2/6 is alright and the guy shot more than 50% from the field so why wouldn't you want him taking 29 shots?

Reply #30488 | Report this post

negyven_negy  
Years ago

At least he didn't take a heap of shots and miss like LeBron yesterday... 12/35 in a loss to Detroit... But the Pistons will do that to you... lol

Reply #30536 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

So anonymous (30485)are you saying that a player who is averaging 32 points a game for you at 50 % shouldn't be shooting 30 shots for you??? If it's within the team rules then why the hell not. I've seen Jamie shoot three's and he can hit them, so when such a dominant inside presence can step out and hit a three, there's no stopping a player like that and it just gives his game another dimension.
And are you seriously saying you think that scoring 20 points and dishing 11 assists is better than 40 and 9 rebounds?

Reply #30539 | Report this post

KG  
Years ago

i agree with jason....41 and 9 boards, is clearly better than 20 odd and 11 assists.....41 points...hello!!!!
and if you make more than 50% from the field, who cares how many shots you take.....you could take 60 shots if i was coach.

Reply #30544 | Report this post

rare23air  
Years ago

Ripped off for player of the week! Good Job Jamo!

Reply #30553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Imagine if he took those six shots from under the basket and made five of them instead of two threes.

All I am saying is Jamie Holmes needs to be rested when he starts drifting outside. Give him a rest and then let him go in and bang bodies again.

He is much more effective in and around the paint.

As for big men stepping outside, Panther you are just campaigning for a role as a three point shooter, and I have seen you shoot!

Reply #30567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what a great effort from jas. i no it was hard for him fitting into the team down there. ive seen two games this season and i can quite happly say holmes is the man. and now sedlock's back from the ankle inj just watch the pioneers go. i am rating them a top 4 team at the nationals. they have it all

Reply #30927 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:38 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754