Jack Toft
Years ago

Sixers @ Perth

What are people's thoughts on this game?

The Sixers know how to test the patience of loyal fans and this game will be black and white, with no shades of grey. The music that the Sixers play either sounds like a six fingered George Harrison playing the guitar, or else it sounds like tone deaf fat kid playing the bagpipes through his bum. So which Sixers outfit will roll up Sunday afternoon?

Interestingly Perth is ranked #1 offensively and Adelaide #2. While Perth is only ranked 4th in D, Perth have a strong D setup whereas Adelaide's D has been somewhat incoherent. When Perth are in D, the dulcet tones of a future championship resonate in the fans ears, when Adelaide are in D, cacophonous tones can be heard - even Boti singing Justin Beiber in the shower could be considered more pleasant at times. Adelaide are ranked 9th in D, a woeful average of 13.9 points off the pace.

Buckle in for the white knuckle ride.

Topic #26967 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

as a Breakers fan I def hope the Sixers can get up for the win.

Reply #341027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

when you play a hundred games a season Jack you're never out of it same as the finals series where it seems like the second or third to last get a berth.

Reply #341029 | Report this post

BJF  
Years ago

Love the reference to George Harrison Jack. I hope the 36ers have their mind set on the W

Reply #341032 | Report this post

Inigo Montoya  
Years ago

a six fingered George Harrison

You killed my father. Prepare to die!

Reply #341034 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I can't believe it was 10 years ago this week that he passed away. We have a lot of things to thank him for - even "The Life of Brian"

Reply #341035 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The 29th was when he died, when I say "this week", I mean this current week which ends tomorrow....

Reply #341037 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

For a funny clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGbRHxM4X2g

Reply #341038 | Report this post

BJF  
Years ago

your a man after my own heart Jack

also little known fact Tom Hanks appeared in Concert for George as one of the lumberjacks

Reply #341041 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

gold

Reply #341046 | Report this post

does anyone have a link for the game as they are not showing it on onehd

Reply #341097 | Report this post

ayjay  
Years ago

Its on Perth radio at
http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/sportfm913

Reply #341106 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/sportfm913

Live Perth Radio

Reply #341108 | Report this post

ayjay  
Years ago

on abc digital
http://www.abc.net.au/local/players/internet_radio.htm?streamFile=itinerantone&streamTitle=Wildcats%20v%2036ers

Reply #341109 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Simpson off and halliwell on WTF! Clarke you are an idiot. Again! Simpson playin well and taken off after 6 minutes

Reply #341110 | Report this post

ayjay  
Years ago

looks like Clarke used 9 players in the 1st quarter!!!

Reply #341111 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Hey ajay.....Snap on the Perth Radio :P (but you did it first, I missed that lol)

Reply #341112 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

So far so good, lets just hope they can hang with them the whole game.

Reply #341115 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Sixers sticking with the Wildcats. Haven't got abused by any Cats fans yet.

Reply #341116 | Report this post

haha  
Years ago

8.27 to go in the second and the import is benched for the second time (this time for johnson) after he is a perfect 6/6 from the field to lead all scorers.

Reply #341117 | Report this post

haha  
Years ago

meanwhile Weigh has played over 11 minutes, more than any other Sixer and has two points from two field goal attempts to go with 2 turnovers

Reply #341119 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Simpson leading the team in points, rebounds, assists and steals.

Reply #341120 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Sixers definately not looking like the last placed team to me! Up 4 with 2:20 to go in 2nd qtr.

Reply #341121 | Report this post

haha  
Years ago

Pivotal part of this game so far

What a play!
* With 2.56 to go in the half Simpson misses his first shot for the game.
* After Knight get's the defensive board, Simpson steals it back and gives it to Weigh for the three ball.
* Weigh misses
* Simpson get's the offensive board and feeds Johnson for a nice assist which Johnson finishes with a dunk.

50-46 up and Time out to Perth!

This guy is an awesome import playing with his heart on his sleeve

Coach, just leave him out there and rotate Johnson & Balls

Reply #341122 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Helliwell on to combat Nevill - subbed in together. Spinner, you might remember they trained against each other all last season. Could Simpson play so effectively if he wasn't rested?

Reply #341124 | Report this post

haha  
Years ago

Isaac fair point however I think being rested is sitting for maybe two minutes each quater which means maybe playing 16 out of 20 minutes or perhaps 32 minutes per game. He was five of five from the field after playing five minutes of the first.

He was benched for the rest of the period

After starting the second he made the first two baskets and was benched again

I think most coaches would play there imports for the majority of the period and give them the last two minutes off, or the last minute and first minute of the next.

It seems he just rotates with Johnson & Balls for = minutes regardless of who is contributing the most.

Reply #341125 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Good point Isaac, but Weigh is in the top 3 minutes every game, but nothing like the top 3 stats. Players have to be rested, but he always appears to take off who ever is doing well and leaves others on as passengers.

Reply #341126 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

In the first, Simpson went off as Nevill came on. Helliwell (another 7 footer with experience against Nevill) was subbed on.

A common strategy in the NBL (Smyth did it) is to start the second with guys that finished the first. In this case, Simpson started the second (despite being on the bench to end the first), went off for three minutes and then returned. He played seven minutes of the second which Adelaide won 30-21.

If a coach had a player that could run at 100% and perform like Simpson does without getting into foul trouble and without much rest, I'm sure they'd play them into the ground.

Reply #341127 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Warren blitzing

Reply #341129 | Report this post

haha  
Years ago

Isaac, in the 3rd period Neville is back and this time coach benches Simpson for Balls.

Neville has been playing a lot of Perth and playing well so I am not sure Wayde is the answer.

Again Simpson is only being played for between 20 & 25 minutes for an entire game even when he is absolutely hot!

As you said, leading the team in nearly every category.

Reply #341130 | Report this post

UTBNB  
Years ago

Go u good thing!!

Reply #341131 | Report this post

haha  
Years ago

Ill admit he aint leading every category :-)

ZERO TURNOVERS

Reply #341132 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

so much for the 10 point lead....
too many long bombs

Reply #341135 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Cracking last qtr coming up. Sixers up by 2. Unfortunate not to be further in front.

Reply #341136 | Report this post

haha  
Years ago

Sixers import "Simpson" played four minutes in the 3rd.
4 minutes!!!!
They had a 10 point lead earlier in the period

At 3q time he has:

16 Points/6 Rebounds/4 assists/0 Turnovers in 17 min

Balls has:

0 points/4 Rebounds/1 assist/1 Turnover in 17 min

Reply #341137 | Report this post

forcey  
Years ago

Spot on "haha". Simpson should be playing 80-90% of the game. Weigh is getting too many minutes and even though we need to get Ballinger some court time, it shouldn't come at Simpson's expense. I'm doing a blog on it now, one has just gone up, the 2nd will be up shortly after the game.

Reply #341139 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

both imports off with 4:50 to go ?!?

Reply #341140 | Report this post

UTBNB  
Years ago

SIMPSON OFF ? CMOOOOON

Reply #341141 | Report this post

UTBNB  
Years ago

GET HIM OFF WEHN HIS BLOOD IS PUMPING

Reply #341142 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Both Warren and Simpson have just been subbed out by Clarke with 5 minutes left and we're up by 6.....I hope it doesn't bite us.

Reply #341143 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Assistant coach, please remind coach soon we need them both back before we loose this 6 point lead..

Reply #341144 | Report this post

haha  
Years ago

At 6.06 to go in the 4th Simpson get's offensive boards and scores

At 5.06 to go in the 4th Simpson scores again

In between that he pulled down the defensive board at the other end

Adelaide went from 2 up - 6 up during this part of the game ( The most important part of the game )

Guess what - SIMPSON JUST GOT TAKEN OUT WITH 4.50 TO GO IN THE GAME!!!!!

what the hell!!!!!

Why, Why , Why

??

Reply #341145 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sixers presumably picking up intentional team fouls?

Wondering if Simpson is calling his own subs?

Reply #341146 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

ok Warren on, my mistake,
still i would like Simpson back..

Reply #341147 | Report this post

UTBNB  
Years ago

Please hold on sixers

Reply #341148 | Report this post

haha  
Years ago

Ill say this,
Coach has done a good job of rotating most players and having Herbert/Ng play more minutes with Weigh resting

Only issue I have is Simpson should be playing 30+ minutes in this game after his first five minutes of the game where he was a perfect five of five from the field, getting steals and dishing assists

Reply #341149 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Go Sixers!! Up by 9 with 3 mins to go. Just need to play smart.

Reply #341150 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

All good. Weigh back on with his 2 of 7 shooting!

Reply #341151 | Report this post

haha  
Years ago

Simpson back on after 1.30 on the bench
That's better

Reply #341153 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Simpson back - happy now - more spine in the defence,
now in the bonus,
should be able to hang on.

Reply #341154 | Report this post

AMAZIN  
Years ago

Its back and forth
ng gets a steal
passes up to warren
martin strips warren
passes up to lisch
get rejected by simpson

Reply #341155 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Adelaide will get home. Just got to start beating more teams so this sort of win counts for more than a one off!

Reply #341156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OMG hang in there 6ers

Reply #341157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now for some home wins

Reply #341158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ballinger now past it....

Reply #341159 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Three wins. 2 Away, 1 Home. All three against top 4 teams (Perth, Melbourne).

We beat Perth twice away in the same season.

What. The. Hell.

The 36ers must have some humour about themselves this season.

Reply #341160 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

OMG WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #341161 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

POTW coming up for Simpson?

Anyone else get on Adelaide for the win?

Reply #341162 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Great effort from the team tonight. But why can't we play like this all the bloody time? If we could bottle this form and the game in Round 4 we'd hardly ever lose a bloody game.

A brilliant win.

Reply #341163 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Diamon Simpson wins the inaugural Paul Rogers Medal as game MVP. Could have gone to either Simpson or Warren IMO.

Reply #341164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

only had 10 on them @ $5. Well played lads

Reply #341165 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

And yet ANOTHER double double from both Simpson and Johnson. At least this time their effort was rewarded and good to see, we need more of it.

Balls.....what's doing son?

Reply #341166 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Diamon Simpson:

26 Minutes, 22 points, 10 rebounds, 4 Assists, 2 Steals, 1 Block, 1 Turnover, 1 Personal Foul, 5 Fouls on him.

10/12 Shooting @ 83%, 2/5 Freethrows @ 40%

Chris Warren:

31 minutes, 20 points, 6 Assists, 3/8 3pts @ 38%, 7/8 Freethrows @ 88%

I think our imports are keepers.

Reply #341167 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Dare I say I forecast this a week ago? Yes, I dare.

Must have been some very good defence in the last quarter.

Give the coach some credit - he seems to have kept the balance right tonight. Looks like the 6ers maintained their scoring tempo throughout and the wildcats had no sustained scoring runs. Also managed to spread the points and the fouls around. Hard to tell without being there but the stats suggest he may have got it right.

So this lifts the 6ers off the bottom - right?

Reply #341168 | Report this post

nice win and nice win myself. pays well if you put money on the 36ers.

thankyou tabcorp, happy with my $100 back plus the $375 win. no complaints.

good work wildcats! :)

Reply #341169 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Maybe we need to move our home games to Perth?

Reply #341170 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

The natural up-tempo game that suits Simpson and Warren
{and to a less extent Johnson, Creek, Ng, Herbie}
is just a bit too quick for Weigh, Crosswell, and Ballinger {with his current mobility} who are half court players at the moment.

Reply #341171 | Report this post

bolter13  
Years ago

before any one starts disecting this game and starts to single out players , coaches , etc, lets just say what a wonderful effort to the 36ers. who gets what minutes , who scores what points does not matter. What REALLY matters is that the 36ers rode the storm and finished the job. and Bevo was once again out coached. These guys need your support. Let's start being positive and Stop only saying nice things about them, when they win. How about they are a team and every small effort as a team is what contributes a win. Let them feel like they have a home court advantage when they play at home. Support your team, loose or win.
WELL DONE GUYS AND COACHING STAff.

Reply #341172 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Weigh -28:37 minutes.
A sizzling 22%. 2 of 9 from the field
1 rebound
5 assists
FIVE Turnovers

Simpson - 26:02 minutes
83%. 10 of 12 shooting
10 rebounds
4 assists
1 turnover
2 steals

My point regarding Clarke taking Simpson off is WHY does bloody Weigh stay on!

Reply #341173 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bizarre how this match-up can suit us. That's the top team on their home court.

Reply #341174 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

PeterJohn, we're still on the bottom of the NBL ladder only because Wollongong have played 1 more game. The 36ers and Hawks have won 3 games so IF we can do over either the Kings in Sydney or the Breakers at home next week and Wollongong lose at home to Perth then we will finally stop holding up the rest of the damn ladder.

Winning 1 would be good next week. Winning 2 would be better. Losing both would be a killer.

Reply #341175 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Holden - I thought during the season ties on points are split according to winning percentage and then on points for and against? At the end of the season it reverts to the head-to-head etc. Anyone know for sure how it works and if we get of the bottom for at least a week?

Reply #341178 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

And I like our chances of beating the Kings, if we can reproduce the defence that must have been delivered in the last quarter tonight.

Reply #341179 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I now appoint the Sixers as the official bogey side for the Wildcats

Reply #341180 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Positives are that are imports are becoming more established in their roles, with the team and coaches finding a good tempo that the 36ers can roll with.

Negatives are that we gave up 84 points against a team that only shot 41% and 20%.
Also we only had 4 players score in the paint, Simpson, Johnson, Warren and Crosswell...most of those points by Diamon.

Reply #341181 | Report this post

forcey  
Years ago

Another great win over the Cats. I don't think it's got to do with Perth, it's just that Simpson had a big game, herbie played a key role and Warren was solid. Wish I'd been watching!

I've written more here if you wanna read

http://36reasons.blogspot.com/2011/12/minutes-pt-2.html

Reply #341182 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

I think your right PJ. My mistake, from what I can work out we have actually moved off the bottom of the ladder at the expense of Wollongong.

Reply #341184 | Report this post

ayjay  
Years ago

Congratulations sixers, I did enjoy that. Wish it had been televised.

Still a lot of work to do to repeat the performance against other sides with different match ups.

ABC commentry did note that Perth was shooting poorly and suggested that it wasnt because of the sixers excellent defense but rather scoreboard pressure.
They also commented on Simpson being subbed out when he was playing well and on at least one instance not being too happy about it! What a surprise.

Overall great character and commitment shown by the players to upset Perths game and bring in the win.

Congratulations to Simpson for winning the Paul Rogers Medal. Definately well deserved.

I am looking forward to seeing it all at home.

Reply #341185 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

It is not merely the best Import pairing , it is that they are great guys also.
Even the lack of minutes given to Simpson does not minimalize this effect.

Reply #341188 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

IMO (and others may agree or not) but Simpson and Warren are shaping up to be our best imports since Darnell Mee and Kevin Brooks.

Reply #341189 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

wooo hoo. great work sixers.

i love our imports this year. with johnson, warren and simpson we have some very dangerous explosive scorers. where as the last couple of years ive thought our offense has been a big weakness its now a strength. we just need to be able to stop them from scoring.

must keep those imports next year.

add another quality guard and a good lockdown guard at the expense of herbert and crosswell next year. imo thats what is letting us down this year, we have one good starting guard in warren, and a very good scorer off the bench in ng. another decent bench player in crosswell. where are our other quality guards??

Reply #341193 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Agreed they are a great import combo, i hope we can keep them for a few seasons.

Great win, its funny/frustrating how we can beat the top team at their stadium and cant beat most of the middle teams at home, ah well.

With minutes, am i correct in thinking that when the game was 48 mins top players regularly played 35+ mins, so why cant our top players do that now, i personally think we should use a main 7 man rotation, the 8th man gets say 5-10 mins and 9 and 10 dont play much except for foul trouble, match ups or in blow outs.

I personally would play both our imports and Johnson 30-35 mins per game, Weaigh can play 25-30, Creek 25 mins, Crosswell around 25 mins and Ballinger 10-20 mins depending on his form. Herbert can be used as our 8th man for 5-10 mins and id rotate something like, ive given 9-10th man 5 mins each but this depends on form of their own and game circumstances some games they will get DNP and others they may play upto 20 if they do really well or the guys ahead have foul trouble ect.

C Johnson (30)/Ballinger (5)/Helliwell (5)
PF Simpson (30)/Ballinger (10)
SF Weigh (25)/Creek (15)
SG Croswell (15)/Creek (10)/Herbert (10)/Ng (5)
PG Warren (30)/Crosswell (10)

And no weird combos, eg Helliwell and Johnson shouldnt be on together, as most teams dont run a big line up and they will get out quicked, Ballinger and Simpson would also be able to guard guys like Knight and Tragardh should they slide to PF in a big line up anyway.

Ng only gets more than 5 mins if his shot is dropping, i know its not long to prove himself, but run a few plays for him straight away for some quick points and if he makes the shots he gets a tad longer, no point playing him much if his shot isnt dropping IMO, some games he has played far too many minutes for not many shots going in.

If Ballinger finds form, he can get more minutes, but he has to prove himself at training and in games before even consider starting him or increase his minutes largely, basically put it to him 'if you want to start you have to out play Simpson'. If he can get to that level than thats great for the team and gives us an amazing bigman rotation. Until he does that he play back up big man. If he gets to top form then you would have to reduce Simpson and Johnson's minutes a bit to give him more and simply who ever is playing well plays each week, gives them good competition at training having to earn every minute they get, which is a good thing IMO.

Same should apply with Weigh and Creek at SF. Who ever is in better traning/match form each week plays more. Weigh is being slightly overplayed but he is our 2nd best aussie, behind Johnson IMO, so he deserves atleast 20-25 mins IMO, unless he is in bad form or Creek out plays him.

SG some would say Creek and Crosswell arent really SG's and neither are great shooters, but both are big enough and atheltic enough to play SG, can contribute well from there and Warren is a good perimeter shooter at PG to balance out their lack of perimeter shooting, basically Crosswell would handle the ball more and Warren would be the shooter when on together.

To me that would be a well balanced line up and would go along way to helping us win more, than some of the 'interesting' combos and rotations we see at times

Reply #341195 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Willie Farley?

Adam Ballinger was once our import as well...
Dusty Rychart???

Reply #341196 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

I think we're referring to an import combination. They might not be the best we've ever had (Jones/Davis and Brooks/Mee are our two best ever IMO) but they are on their way to being up there with the best of them if they continue playing like they are. Of course it would help if the rest of the team played like they have on their last 2 trips to Perth.

Right now I'd say the 36ers have their imports right and hopefully we can keep them here beyond this season (on current form). I don't know how good or bad Williamson would have proved to be but I doubt anyone would want to lose Simpson right now. And while he may be more of a scoring rather than a passing point guard but after some that we've had here Warren has been bloody good for us also.

Reply #341197 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Im not surprised we wont this one..for some reason we can step up to big games but cant win anything else! Perth really seem to struggle against the sixers, same story last year with a completely different team.

Clark needs to look at what they are doing when they play these top teams and make sure he brings the same team. Oddly I dont know for this game but most wins we have had alot less player rotations with our main core playing longer minutes. When we loss its everyones turn on the court.

Great win by the guys just wish I could get excited that they will play the same next week.

Reply #341198 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

-'If Ballinger finds form, he can get more minutes, but he has to prove himself at training and in games before even consider starting him or increase his minutes largely'

Four club MVP awards and never averaged less than 15 points since playing in the NBL and you want him to prove himself??? It's comments like this when I think that some people really don't have much idea. Maybe run him into some form before you start suggesting playing Creek 25 minutes a game or maybe hire a coach who can coach professional/veteran players.

Reply #341200 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Wildcats could not buy a bucket in the last half, especially the last quarter, they were relying on Lisch too much to get the points, but when he couldnt create for him self he kicked it out to someone else and then it looked like there was no offensive structure.

Pretty much summed up by Redhage's wide open lay up at the end that hit the front of the rim...

Highlights were that guy winning the half court $5k shot and then lachy reid hitting a half court shot as well.

For you Adelaide people. Your imports won the game. Ballinger looks out of place, Johnson had an off night, Stevie Weigh always looked dangerous with the ball but never really delivered. Crosswell's free throw style is still the funniest thing you will see on an NBL court.

Reply #341202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks for the special comments Boti

Reply #341203 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Very happy I attended this game... My first Sixer's game away from home and have an 100% record so far!

Funnily enough, the Sixers have won more games in Perth than they have at home this season.

Simpson was enormously impressive - he has no jumpshot but makes up for it with smart play on the post, creating high percentage shots for himself. His length is awesome and helps him on defence and in grabbing key rebounds.

Ballinger was three point happy and just wasn't getting the ball in spots where he's used to. I know he can hit the three but he didn't seem to have his legs under him. It still is good to know that the Sixers have improvement left in them when Ballinger finds his game.

Challenge Stadium is a pretty good venue to watch basketball - not really a bad seat in the house. They run gameday very well. The Wildcats fans were pretty chilled really - certainly not as loud as Adelaide Arena but that may have been partly because their team was playing below par.

Great to see some other Sixer fans in the building, including the Sixer's court announcer, sporting Sixer blue against the sea of Wildcat red. A real shame this game wasn't televised!

Reply #341208 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

Its strange we somehow beat top team Perth and cannot beat the likes of Sydney and Gold Coast at home,im scratching my head here,Sixers good win tonight,if Simpson and Warren continue to dominate ,sign them for following year so they dont get enticed by other NBL Clubs or overseas ventures,we retain the majority of squad and go with a young team into next year.

Reply #341212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mee/KB or Balls/Hodge as an import pairing are far ahead of Simpson/Warren.

Reply #341213 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

great game from Simpson but sorry Isaac I think Abercrombie has POTW all wrapped up this week. Wildcats, Tigers and Taipans all dropped games this week sitting the Breakers top of the table.

Reply #341214 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

A, swear Ballinger himself said something about stringing together some full training weeks first?

Reply #341215 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Hmmm - since getting something like a full team together, the 6ers are 3-3, I think. The last few games have seen a loss in overtime and a loss to the red hot Blaze when our guards could not stop Deleon - which only Cairns seem to have managed to do. The other loss was a strong effort against the Breakers in NZ.

More importantly, Simpson has improved every game and the team has been playing with more consistency and effort overall. Herbert also showed some form last night. One swallow doe snot a summer make but that defensive effort in the last quarter last night makes me feel more positive about the team getting it together defensively as the season progresses.

If the guards can improve their handling of the stronger back courts, I start to like the 6ers' chances of continuing this first, tentative step off the bottom of the table and climbing a few positions higher. Keep it up fellas!

Reply #341223 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Great win by the Sixers. Hopefully this is the win that turns it around and we start actually winning at home. We have a talented team so we should be winning

Still not enough minutes for Simpson. At least Weigh's minutes went down to 28.

Don't write of Ballinger once he gets form he will be very important coming off the bench for us.

Reply #341227 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

This past week was the first week Balls was physically able to train every day.

Even the radio announcers who seldom see him said he had mobility issues.

Its going to take a while and i am happy to wait, but in the meantime agree with all that Simpson can have all the minutes he wants at Centre ditto with DJ at PF.

Reply #341231 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

That was Weigh's fist sub-30 min game all season.

It was also Simpson's 4th double-double in a row, and DJ's third.

Reply #341238 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

Great refs for only the third time this season!

Reply #341271 | Report this post

Talking  
Years ago

Talking yourself up Phil?

Reply #341278 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

+/- for this game:

Perth

• Greg Hire (2)
  • Jesse Wagstaff (1)
  • Drew Williamson (-1)
  • Jeremiah Trueman (-1)
  • Damian Martin (-3)
  • Luke Nevill (-5)
  • Ben Purser (-6)
  • Kevin Lisch (-7)
  • Shawn Redhage (-11)
  • Matthew Knight (-14)
  • Brad Robbins (-15)

Adelaide
  • Chris Warren (14)
  • Darren Ng (10)
  • Nathan Herbert (10)
  • Adam Ballinger (9)
  • Diamon Simpson (9)
  • Stephen Weigh (8)
  • Daniel Johnson (5)
  • Wade Helliwell (1)
  • Nathan Crosswell (0)
  • Mitchell Creek (-6)

Reply #341724 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:34 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754