Oh Wow
Years ago

Davis/Simpson "How bad do you want it"

During the press conference with Marty Clarke & Diamon Simpson, Diamon quoted Mark Davis as sayinig to him that when you are undersized it comes down to

"How bad do you want it"

This epitomised Mark Davis and his game and it's great to hear a club legend like Davis having an influence on a current young import for the 36ers.

Perhaps to a certain extent coach Clarke is right about Boti being too negative with his evaluation of the 36ers.

Perhaps this type of quote would be better to talk about instead of everything the club is doing wrong

Topic #26986 | Report this topic

BJF  
Years ago

Pudd once told me rebounding is all about desire.

The guy is hardly a giant yet dominated the league for years, once averaged 25 rb per game in a play off series.

I see a lot of Davis in Simpson's game style.

Reply #341264 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

Desire: Rodman, Barkley
Smarts/Positioning: Kevin Love

Reply #341268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kevin love routinely steals rebounds from teammates to pad his stats. While he averages and double double record are impressive nonetheless, I would love to see his numbers on a decent team.

Reply #341270 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Holmes is a classic case of wanting it and being undersized/underskilled. But he makes any opponent work hard to out rebound him.

Reply #341279 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He trained as a volleyball player for some time so some think that it's his second jump for the ball that gives him an advantage over others. I think he also has that "right place" advantage as well.

Reply #341288 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Still love Davis, his love of the 36ers is such a rarity these days, as far as past players hanging around the club for the right reasons.

Reply #341290 | Report this post

forcey33  
Years ago

He gets good position, wants it and also makes great decisions as to when to go for blocks. He's a keeper.

Reply #341317 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Still impressed by the fact that Holmes was undefeated in the 36ers beep test since coming back from Melbourne.

Still much rather have Simpson, he is a monster.
It is really fun watching him rebound. He is relentless.

He is gonna sell a lot of tickets in this town.

Reply #341333 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Warren and Simpson must stay for next season regardless of where team finishes and who is coaching. Fans have been dying to support an import duo that is here longer than 1 season. Both can hold there heads high so far!

Reply #341334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

their heads*

Reply #341335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, good import pairing. Young but lots of potential. Need to replace Ballinger at the end of the year with a guy who can defend at power forward, expecially the quicker guys.

Reply #341352 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

im not sold on warren yet personally. seems too small and doesnt penetrate and kick the ball out enough.
Defence is average because of his size and other guards are killing him. His shooting is a good from range so wouldnt mind having him back as he is still young just dont think he is as good as some seem to be saying....
Simpson is great would be awesome if he could shoot free throws but he knows his weaknesses and does what he can do very well..

Reply #341354 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Simpson is a keeper. I'm impressed and love watching him play. The jump, hustle, crashing the boards, 2nd efforts. It's brilliant.

I'm with 'gotmadskills' on the thoughts about Warren and agree with some of those points.

I'm still curious @ what True Stripe could have brought to the table. He was excitement potential also. Injured John Williamson.

Reply #341386 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:17 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754