Jules
Years ago

And The Foul's NBL downloads stopped

I saw this on Twitter today

Andthefoulnet And the foul.net
Sorry guys.. As far as NBL downloads go (current season).. Have to stop it. Currently looking into previous seasons.
2 hours ago

This sucks!!! I was told that the site was "dobbed" on by another website owner, who went straight to channel Ten. Does anyone know if this is true?

This means no NBL games for me this year unless they change broadcast times. I have two kids and i can't stay up until 1 - 3am when my 5 month old gets up at 5/6am. Downloading the games and the foul put up was the only way i got to see any NBL games! I live 3 hours away from the nearest NBL team (Hawks) so i never get to go to games.
This means no NBL for me this year. Last time that happened was when they went to FOX, it took me 3/4 years to get back into the league. And when i did i didnt enjoy it as much because i hardly knew any of the players! Ten strikes again!

Topic #27010 | Report this topic

HO  
Years ago

I'm sorry, but what do you expect? The site as I understand was taking copyrighted material and sharing it.

You may not like that but whatever your view on Ten's treatment of NBL in 2011, the fact is they have paid for content and broadcast rights.

Reply #341737 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Jules, tape the games and watch them at whatever time you like. Instead of screwing around searching and downloading, you're just setting up your recording in advance. Maybe not as convenient, but it'll work.

Reply #341738 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Would be good if enough people could commit to seeding them through torrents instead?

Reply #341740 | Report this post

Natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Hey guys, yeah our downloads have been stopped.. But not all gloom. We are still posting old rare games.
Still posting highlights on youtube of every game.

to be honest i knew the day would come, if we wanted to fight it and have the games hosted on a O/S server we could but dont want to burn bridges or hurt the leagues relationship with Ten

Reply #341744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How surprising that a company which paid for the right to broadcast games and pays roughly $50k a game in production costs would shut down a website which is illegally leeching it's material and distributing it.

Don't like the time the games are being shown, then get all your mates to ring, write and email channel 10 and find people with set top boxes and make them watch nbl games.

Commercial networks rely on $$ to operate. Costs for no income means late night games.

Anyway as Isaac said, stop being lazy and tape the games like everyone used to do like 5 years ago.

At least these days you have video, DVD and hard drive options available to you.

Reply #341749 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the league has a relationship with ten ? sounds more like ten are saying its over move on and the nbl are saying please stay i love you and want to marry you lol.

Reply #341754 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

I think the ONLY way to change Ten's mind on the delayed broadcast is to watch the original broadcast! Truth be told games are still only getting on average 25k viewers. So why would they put it on prime time?
I want live games and/or better timed televised games as much as the next fan, but I live with whats given to me.

As far as downloads go, we do have clearance from some NBL teams for older games. 'Classic' games. Which we will be uploading throughout the year [We have to convert from VHS/BETA to digital ourselves.]

The rumors about another website telling Ten about our downloads.. I'm not so sure about. You would know more than me.

Reply #341758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what the hell is this crap above?

Reply #341843 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, if you're referring to the spam, I've deleted it.

Reply #341863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sorry, advertisement post was removed, ignore last post

Reply #341869 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Channel ten should utilise this and put them up for watching on their website like their retarded tv shows like neighbours. Just seed them as torrents or use news groups to upload, no one will be able to shut that down.

Reply #341890 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Personnally I watch most games..and then get up at 5am! Its only 3 nights a week.

Reply #342024 | Report this post

clarky  
Years ago

I have been wondering why One/NBL don't provide the games for download.

The games are already recorded for broadcast by One anyway, so why not release them as online content or provide legal torrent access to their broadcast, even if it becomes availble 24 hours after the TV telecast or something similar.

Just a thought...

On a side note, did anyone happen to notice the comment posted by the One facebook page earlier today on their post about 'An Idiot Abroad' returning.

And before you get a chance we're aware that ONE are idiots/ morons/dropkicks/loser for not showing the NBL live. Once again, we've passed the feedback on!

Have a great weekend.

Reply #342026 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:16 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754