Anonymous
Years ago

Adelaide's Local Stadium Ranks

There are some good local stadiums, some bad & some terrible.

My Ranks...

Good
1) Starplex
2) Morphett Vale
3) Pasadena
4) Wayville
5) Mars

Bad
6) Port Adelaide
7) Mt Barker

Terrible
8) St Clair
9) Marion
10) Hillcrest

Topic #27028 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Pretty much sums it up.

Reply #342127 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

many veteran posters here have discussed the state of our stadiums - we have rec centres in better nic.

we need to get on board with starplex type set ups - a community gathering area for recreational activities.

all new stadiums need to be a minimum of 3-4 courts.

i can't believe how slow we are here in SA - they are well used facilities and new venues are money well spent and the employment generated feeds back into the community.

Reply #342128 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

I'd rather play at Hillcrest over Port Adelaide any day.

Reply #342139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doesn't anyone understand that there will be no new stadiums because Basketball SA is:
1. Broke.
2. Incompetent.
3. Lacks vision.
4. Broke.
5. Doesn't care (and that starts at the top and permeates downwoards)

Reply #342171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The problem is BSA is run by a committee of self interest and as a result has no long term vision or plan to improve basketball.

Reply #342172 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is BSA? Really what is it for,make up and who controls it?

Reply #342181 | Report this post

Never  
Years ago

MV # 2 stadium, I would't think so. Scoreboards on 3 of the 4 courts haven't worked for 12 mths or more, no seating. no changerooms & wooden backboards..

Reply #342192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How much would it cost to make a new 4 court gymnasium at Woodville high? Surely it could then be leased out to Basketball SA.

Reply #342193 | Report this post

observer  
Years ago

I am sure we in Vic dont know how good we have it with our stadiums.The knox new stadium opening in March is 6 courts and that is phase 1.I believe another 6 courts to join on shortly after>Also has a new show court of about 4000 or 5000.Aa an association knox has now got 2 x 6 court venues.Basketball Victoria are also moving to their offices to the new site.For those who have been over to Vic for tournys it is located about half way between dandenong and old knox stadium.These courts are used all day every day with either schools,open competitions,netball and badminton.Rumour has it that new nbl team will play out of it in 2 years time

Reply #342195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Never -

You havent obviously been down to Morphett Vale lately then? Brand new scoreboards on 3 courts with an older unit moved to an outside court.

Seating - Agreed. There is some, but limited.

Backboards - I personally dont see a need for glass

Changerooms - There is two actually.

Reply #342196 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To play in - top 5

1. Starplex
2. Wayville
3. Pasadena
4. Morphett Vale
5. Mars

Reply #342197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Morphet vale is terrible still only good floors no a/c glass change rooms

St michaels junior school has a nice court

Reply #342199 | Report this post

titan21  
Years ago

Morphett Vale doesn't fit in the good category or the bad. You need a category in between for 'average'. It's nowhere near the standard of Wayville, Pasadena, STARplex or MARS.

Reply #342200 | Report this post

Tee  
Years ago

Would be good if all stadiums could resurface their floors a few times a year rather than once.

Reply #342609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

marion is by far the worst, worst at everything in fact, refs, ref supervisor, floors, toilets, refs, neighbours (they used to have a curfew due to the neighbours), refs, ref supervisor, rims, sloping ditch on court 1, oh and refs

Reply #342694 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:01 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754