Anon
Years ago

Is Gleeson in trouble?

A very early call, but dropping games in the clutch and at this stage not being able to cope without mills, is the pressure building?

Topic #27032 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Recent coach of the year in year one of three year deal. I don't like im but no, he is safe as houses

Reply #342138 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

If they were loosing by 20 every game and didn't look competitive, then yes he would be in trouble but at the moment they have been just loosing very close games (Vs the Breakers the score blew out a little but it did go down to double OT and they had chances to win) and they were only denied last night by the video replay. Tigers can't just rely on Trigger and Ubaka for offense and Dorsey needs to be aggressive and go at the rim instead of trying to just shoot 3's (he hit a few big ones last night but still missed a few).

Reply #342144 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Gleeson seems to struggle in Cairns. Has he ever won here? It's a hard place on the road to win which is a credit to Fearney! The imports they grabbed this season are very legit. It was an import shootout in that last bit with all 4 making big shots!! The result was right especially considering the lack of loyalty by Dorsey Ubaka & Dillon!!

Reply #342147 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Agreed Mystro, Dorsey looking like a one trick pony & shooting at a bad clip. He almost saved the day but if it wasnt for Triggers first half Cairns were all over this one! The travel call & tech foul on Warren were disgraceful!!

Reply #342149 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This whole loyalty issue drives me crazy - look around the league at the number if players playing at different clubs from where they originally started. There's a number of players playing in Adelaide who came from different clubs.

Reply #342151 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Agreed orbit. That tech was aweful and I find it interesting that Greer is always involved in that stuff. Never realised how sneaky he is until this season!!

Normally I dont mind players leaving for better deals as this is their job. But tigers had a loyal good player ready to sign and they cut him. So sucked in tigers!! I'm glad your ubaka/Dorsey/dillon combo isnt winning you games!! If loyalty is to exist, it has to go both ways.

Reply #342156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he should be in trouble. what would their record be if they didn't have an NBA player for the first 10 or so games? never rated him as a coach

Reply #342161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What crap, unable to cope without Mills.

Reply #342163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Corlrtto was shopping himself around a season or 2 ago and only signed at the last minute when no other teams showed interest. It goes both ways.

Reply #342164 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The rot set in before Mills left. At the start of the year few teams could score against them, but they dropped away from their pressure D as the season wore on. Right now they dont have the guard power to disrupt defensively and that is taking away their easy points off turnovers.

Burston is a big key, they are 5-1 when he plays more than 10 minutes, and 1-5 when he doesnt or is out injured.

Reply #342167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Burston not injured for a full season? I doubt that has ever happened in his whole career.
Relying on a fit Burston is insanity.

Reply #342177 | Report this post

dud  
Years ago

Gleeson made the call to get rid of Coreltto (who has killed it this season in New Zealand). Coach gambled with Mills and lost - add to this am all-star team and it could be time for Gleeson to find a new job.

His comments about Corletto were very distasteful. Never been a Coreltto fan but he handled himself with class - he deserves to be coming home to Julie Corletto at night.

Reply #342184 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

As a crocs fan I'm much happier with woolpert. Gleeson was. Not a good
offensive coach and his teams go stale without a genius playmaker. Woolpert is
a better defensive coach too.

Reply #342191 | Report this post

A.W  
Years ago

I don't think he is in trouble.

Tigers are doing well at the moment considering they are basically playing with an 8 man rotation. When Burston and Mills' replacement are playing they should start getting W's.

Ubaka needs a rocket though, can't keep running the shot clock down to 6 then throwing up garbage from outside.

Would also love Gleeson to show Liam Rush some love and get him the ball, the dude can play, not sure why he isn't getting the minutes or the ball.

Reply #342235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chewy got a rocket in the second last itme out..... "1 on 5 BS".... did little though as he went out and launched more crap from outside the arc....

Not the first time this year that HE has chosen to try to win a game off his own back....

Trigger was on fire early but hardly saw the ball late in the game...

Poor decisions ON COURT have cost the Tigers some close games.... but ultimately THE COACH needs to reign in poor performance....

Interesting times ahead......

No 'other' player signed since Patty's departure..... if the Tigers can hover around a playoff spot, then the door is open, and being held open, for the return of P.Mills come finals time....

Reply #342352 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

To make the playoffs they couldnt just leave Mills' spot open, they were dropping off before he left and just dont have the cattle without him and Burston. They would have to sign a short-term replacement and cut him when Mills returns.

Reply #342369 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:12 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754