Keith
Years ago

Lucas Walker: Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane..

Underperformance after underperformance.
He is soft, after the cheap highlight, overall just a prop out there for the tigers.
This guy needs to look at a legend like Giddy and work out how he got it done for 10 years without a prototype rig and world class athletisism.

Walker needs to start playing and stop strutting at every chance he gets.

Clear to see Gleeson isn't a fan of him, he inheritted walker to this roster.... Gleeson knows he is soft at butter.

Topic #27034 | Report this topic

Average OKKA  
Years ago

But he can dunk!!!

Reply #342159 | Report this post

Keith  
Years ago

Oh, my mistake... Call Brett, he's clearly a automatic for London then, forgot he can dunk....

Imagine how much better hammer and dreweys careers would've been if they'd been able to dunk.... Hacks.

Reply #342160 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Really 20 points in 25 minutes last week was considered an under performance?

What were you expecting him to do in 9 minutes last night? Obviously the coach saw he wasn't playing well and didn't play him many minutes.

The guy has lots of room for improvement but he has lots of talent there and will get better. He just needs more minutes but in a stacked Tigers team that is hard to get.

Against the Sixers he probably was the reason why Tigers lost due to him getting a tech foul and losing his teams momentum.

Reply #342162 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

You would think a second year player would be dominating by now. What's he doing?

Reply #342165 | Report this post

Keith  
Years ago

@kingjames
Last night, I wanted him to do more, like every game he plays.
Dean Brebner is of more value than Walker.

Reply #342169 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

The guy played 9 minutes

1st 4 minutes
2nd 2 minutes
3rd 1 minute
4th 2 minutes

during those limited minutes what were you expecting him to do more?

Reply #342174 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

Keith for a minute there I was starting to agree with your thoughts of Walker...............................

But then you made the "Dean Brebner is of more value than Walker"

Reply #342175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Give the kid a break Keith.

Reply #342178 | Report this post

Greg  
Years ago

I'm hoping the 'second year player' comment was a joke. Someone has played a year at NBL and they are expected to be a superstar? Arm chair experts really don't understand anything about gaining experience and the time it takes to develop. It isn't an overnight thing for most players. Sure you get the odd freak who is a star at a young age but for most it takes time. And in stacked teams it can be even harder to shine.

Reply #342179 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

No need to hope, Greg. I think it's clear paul was joking, even without the use of the Sarcastica font!

Reply #342180 | Report this post

dud  
Years ago

He has managed to play some good games this season. Even when he plays good the coach benches him. It seems to be reputation over form with the Tigers.

Reply #342183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didnt set the world on fire in SEABL either... Sat last year out, maybe he needs to be doing more over winter to improve his game, apparently the bench NBL guys are supposed to dominate SEABL.

Reply #342185 | Report this post

Achtung Baby  
Years ago

Brett Rainbow anyone???

Reply #342186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seabl. Or big v would help walker, needs to prove center can play even at that level yet.

Reply #342187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's 26. Not young

Reply #342188 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

The problem with this forum is that multiple posters don't understand sarcasm.

Reply #342190 | Report this post

Average OKKA  
Years ago

Thanks Mick!

Reply #342202 | Report this post

A.W  
Years ago

So is Keith going to let us know what more he wants Walker to do?

Always gets after the boards, not alot of shots for him in the Tigers offence but managed 20 last week.

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but Walker was re-signed this season, so I believe Gleeson had the option of signing somebody else if he didn't want Walker.

Reply #342241 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I found the topic title funny for a range of reasons

Reply #342253 | Report this post

Keith  
Years ago

Perform...

Reply #342275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah DJ set the vbl alight too dint he. Wlker is a project and clearly keith has no idea about what it takes to play at the NbL level. Plenty of teams would sign him in a flash make no mistake. but Keith wouldnt know that.

Reply #342279 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #353886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #353887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the jan warbout jokes can come out now looks like 'yon' plays like jan

Reply #353888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

prob would benefit from playing next year in a team like the gold coast or tville

Reply #353893 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:31 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754