bron
Years ago

One HD intro gimmic to NBL Games

Having watched most games on One, I think the mini into gimmic's used are quite creative and really funny. I know One HD have their faults but this part is quite good. What are people thoughts on these?

My favourite two would have to be in Sydney, when Andrew Gaze was rolling around in the big see through ball and in Melbourne when Carfino was part of the Cheerleaders dancing routine. What are your favourites?

Topic #27046 | Report this topic

dud  
Years ago

My biggest concern is that they are funny to kids, not adults. When they show games at 10.30pm I doubt many kids are up watching.

I find them a bit cringeworthy to be honest.

Reply #342342 | Report this post

boss  
Years ago

carfino's not funny

Reply #342343 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

The worst ones are the couple they have done with Gaze where he is drooling over the cheerleaders.

Takes his status as a seven time NBL MVP, Australia's greatest ever basketballer and flag bearer for Australia at the Olympic Games, and reduces him to a dirty old perv.

Reply #342357 | Report this post

hooked  
Years ago

if we want to get more females watching the game, the cheerleader intros are certainly aimed at the men...

Reply #342359 | Report this post

Average OKKA  
Years ago

Agree with Dud. Cringeworthy to a point where I actually feel sorry for them.

Reply #342363 | Report this post

Jules  
Years ago

I dont mind them. Some are funny

Reply #342396 | Report this post

ClownDog  
Years ago

Brett Maher mopping his signature on the court

Reply #342412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't find them funny at all. We get it, girls are hot!

Reply #342416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are embarrasing and make the league look a bit goofy. The NBL should really try to take itself more seriously. I bet this is a demand from One HD to do this in their attempt to further cheapen the brand. They obviously hate the NBL.

I cant see Gaze or Carfino wanting to do these skits either, they're probably told to do them.

Being a guy, as much as I like looking at cheerleaders, I would much prefer a more professional approach to the pre game "hype" - Eg some build up relating to the game itself would be nice (such as the rivalry, any controversy, past games played etc...) They did this last season sometimes and was really good.

Now its crap. I hate the dumb skits.

Reply #342436 | Report this post

philly  
Years ago

i think they are funny as. gaze is a comedic genius.

Reply #342444 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Love them.
Brings some fun to the coverage.
Keep it up i say.

Reply #342448 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

watch an afl game and the pre-game intros are usually quite analytical and you can tell they have put time into them.

the nbl intros while not terrible are not great either and come across a little forced or tacky. it would likely come from management asking them to do it.

Reply #342450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they were actually funny, then maybe it would be OK. There is no humour to any of them, and the so called joking around is outdated and cringy.

I prefer a more professional approach, such as the AFL or even the NBL style from last season.

Reply #342452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Personally id like to see a more insigthful intro like behind the scenes and some of the serious side of player mental preparation, a bit like the NBA/AFL intro's.

Reply #342513 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

This is the channel that delays the game and telecast Cops: Adults Only instead?

The whole situation is a charade and a joke. They can shove their abominably classless into. The sooner they lose the rights the better for Australian sport fans.

Reply #342683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cld not agree more flip !

Reply #342729 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:26 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754