Jake
Years ago

Would the 36ers Reconsider Hodge?

Before I get shot down I believe Hodge would create a boost to a team that is struggling; generate more people to the games in a season that is now lost.

He would also plug the hole from Crosswell and to some degree Balls as is a good rebounder and can step up when the game is on the line.

Could Hodge and the club sort out their differences?

Topic #27060 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

Jake you should get shot down for not realising a team can only have 2 imports!

Reply #342638 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

* changes from calm to manic *

* puts town periscope *

* leans over crows nest edge and begins shouting frantically *

"AVAST! SCHOOL HOLIDAYS AHOY! ALL HANDS! BRACE FOR IMPACT!"

Reply #342641 | Report this post

observer  
Years ago

NOPE the past is past,people who are hodge haters out there will shoot him or have his neck if he plays for Adelaide or another team,ironically hodge didnt play for an NBL team last season and i very much doubt hodge will step inside australia to play basketball ever again for any nbl club.

Reply #342644 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Sigh...so are we cutting Simpson or Warren?

Reply #342648 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I noticed at an exhibition game with some of the NBAs best, (about a month ago) that he shot twenty odd points . I wonder if he's in any of the training squads , at the moment.

Reply #342654 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I think we all agree that Hodge was exciting when he played for the Sixers and he put a lot of bums on seats.

However, Hodge is a little bit like an old girlfriend who did the dirty on you when you were dating her (eg walking out over the "paygate" scandal, or non-scandal) and the girlfriend who then bagged you out to everyone else (eg the "stompgate" incident)

There's no doubt he would generate excitement if he donned the jersey once more, but then again I am told that scuba diving naked with a pack of white pointers at a seal colony is also an adrenaline rush.

Reply #342656 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Jack, sensational, as always......

Reply #342657 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Jack wins this thread.

Reply #342658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Along Jack's thinking, I remember this thread from the time...

http://www.hoops.com.au/forum/18724-dc-cries-out-for-help/

Think that describes the Hodge feeling spot on...

Reply #342680 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Jack - if only you applied the NBL import rule to your old girlfriends. No more than two on the go at any one time!

Reply #342686 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And they're rated 10/10.

Reply #342688 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

And they command a large portion of your salary cap?

Reply #342692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i love how the hoops regulars get worried when it's school holidays like it actually downgrades the quality of posts on this forum. It's crap all year people, the kids actually post some topics to get discussion happening, get over yourselves

Reply #342723 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Girlfriends do take up a fair bit of the salary cap, an even two on the go is pushing it. A mate of mine from school tried it. One girl was a Walford girl, the other a Wilderness girl. Problem was, they met at a party and they were commenting how great their boyfriend was. Only problem was that he walked in - lost both.

Reply #343146 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:02 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754