Isaac
Years ago

Wilson wins second NBL POTW

Had 27 and five in an OT win over Melbourne.

The subsequent mentions are Wilkinson (20.5/6.5 across two wins), Lisch (23/8/4 beating the Hawks) and Khazzouh for 18.5/18.5/3.

Others considered for Player of the Week for Round Ten included Cameron Tragardh (Melbourne), Shawn Redhage (Perth), Ayinde Ubaka (Melbourne), Daniel Johnson (Adelaide), Will Hudson (Gold Coast), Ronald Dorsey (Melbourne), Aaron Bruce (Sydney) and Peter Crawford (Townsville).
Still no POTW for the Hawks and not even a mention this week after their belting by Perth.

Topic #27062 | Report this topic

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Good on him for winning again. Does anyone know who won the Player and Coach of the Month for November?

Reply #342698 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

I dont see the Hawks taking out a play of the week award unless Gordie lets his two imports play their game. Seen them in prac & shoot around. They can win them some games, but he has Showron so scared that Showron barely moves on the court.

Reply #342702 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Holden, voting was due Friday just been. Might be announced this week.

Nat, I think either Martin or Coenraad have the potential to put up some points. If Gordie had confidence in his imports, he'd be playing or starting them, surely?

Reply #342705 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Wilson came up pretty big when it mattered and got them across the line, well deserved.

Reply #342711 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Wilson pretty much single handedly won his team the game.
But thought 37 points, 37 rebounds, 8 blocks, 6 assists was pretty close to unbeatable.

Reply #342763 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Werent the Sixers looking at him when they noticed Williamson as Jamar kept feeding JWill the ball?

Why didnt we pick both Wilson & JWill....wouldnt there have been an advantage initially with them already having played together?

Btw, I'm not saying Warren was a bad choice just curious? Was it down to money?

Reply #342802 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

I remember them saying that.
Possible that Cairns put the offer in first to him while we were still considering Williamson/other options, possible Warren came along and they considered him a better option, possible there was something about him they weren't sure about.
Don't think any team has ever recruited 2 imports from the same team. I'd imagine it would work well if you pick the right combination. They already know eachother's games and obviously work well together or you wouldn't have picked them.

Reply #342807 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Had Clarke recruited Jamar he would probably already been the first import casualty of the year. He founf the right system & home!!

Reply #342950 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:12 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754