TUCKY TUCK
Years ago

Rashard Tucker for the 6ers?

Would Rahard Tucker be an option for the 6ers? He's naturalised isn't he? If so, could provide some short-term relief. Probably the best player hanging around locally.

Topic #27063 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

*doesn't even wait for the jayson wells mention. gets up. puts laptop in bin. gives car keys to a bum on hutt st. walks off into the sunset*

Reply #342684 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

You could have told me where you parked the car before giving me the keys and walking off. :S

Reply #342685 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I shouldn't be rude. Tucker did have a solid ABL season and it is about a thousand times more realistic than Jayson Wells who may not even be alive any more. Found this interview from 2009, when he was playing in Israel:

My favorite two countries hands down are Australia and Israel. Australia because it is like the 51st State. There is no language barrier at all, the weather is amazing, and the league competition is superb every single night.
Maybe 500 times more realistic then.

Reply #342687 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

If Tucker was naturalised it would be a great option however I don't think he is.

Even if he was I think there would be 0 chance Clarke would want him

Probably the best thing about Tucker is that he WOULD want the ball in over time or late in the 4th to win the game. A player we currently don't have.

Reply #342690 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

"Australia because it is like the 51st State"

I've heard a couple of imports say this...

makes me cringe every time!

Reply #342691 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

KJ, forgotten Warren hitting a big, crucial three against Sydney?! Ng can also take those big shots.

Reply #342695 | Report this post

Stones  
Years ago

Isaac,

A solid ABA season translates to an ABA championship, Grand Final MVP & Wollocott runner up.

Look out if he gets his shit organised & has a real solid year somewhere.

Tucker would be great on any team as he is a team player who wants to win & will do anything to do so.

He is however still an import i believe so not an option for sixers..

Reply #342696 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

I still think that considering everything the 36ers would probably be better off moving Daly & Warbout to the rotation at 9 and 10 instead of chasing other players. But that's just my opinion.

Reply #342700 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Stones, fair point - I meant to qualify it as solid, as it's ABA and not NBL, to offset any "that's just ABA" replies. In ABA terms, it was a very strong season.

But unless he naturalises or unless an import goes down injured and someone needs a short-term fix, I don't think we'll see him in the NBL again. Other NBL teams are not picking him up or keeping him and that's usually a warning sign.

Reply #342704 | Report this post

Rasheed30  
Years ago

J Wells is alive.

Reply #342707 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Might aswell write off the season and develop Daly.
7-8 good players will beat 10 average players. We need some 'cheapies' who don't expect all that much time or ball and can do well in the little time they're given.

Next Year:

Keep: Johnson, Simpson, Weigh, Creek
Promote: Daly
Undecided: Ng, Herbert
Cut: Ballinger, Crosswell, Helliwell, Warren*
-----

Needs:

Centre & Powerforward (atleast one of which is a good rebounder, the other can be a cheapie) - Replacing Balls/Helliwell

Strong Shooter Guard who can outright score (replacing Ng or Herbert and Crosswell)

Import point guard (replacing Warren)

Reply #342708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow replace a guy who's in the top 5 in ppg in the nbl, Who is in his 1st pro gig and from all reports a great bloke. The only way we replace Warren is if we get an Aussie gun pg. Crosswell is signed for next year. 1st i would try to get an aussie pg and try get baynes,kickert,barlow etc and have williamson/simpson. With balls salary and 10 points available we should be able to secure a gun aussie.

Reply #342710 | Report this post

TUCKY TUCK  
Years ago

Easy to say "write off the season & develop new kids" - it's the logical thing to do - but it's tough when your job relies on wins & losses.

Reply #342714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about Dusty Rychart? Does he have an NBL gig at the moment?

Reply #342715 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

lol @ the suggestion of Tucker, after the drink driving in NZ and skipping the country before court in 2010 he deserves nothing. Give the spot to someone who deserves a break and has earned it. Would be surprised if he was allowed back in the country anyway. Turn up to play the Breakers and have a Player arrested in Customs lmfao.

Reply #342716 | Report this post

TUCKY TUCK  
Years ago

He'd only miss 1 game where we have to play NZ. Not like he's going to miss a playoff game or anything...

Reply #342717 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Geez I'm sick of writing off seasons! Tucker is done no need to inflict potentially more pain on the already tarnished brand that is the Adelaide 36ers. He had a few issues off court so where there is smoke there is fire...

Reply #342730 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Tucky Tuck, you don't think teams are going to have to go through NZ to get a championship for the next couple of years?

Reply #342731 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Why waste signing someone if they aren't going to have a shot of being around in the future? In that case you would be better letting the younger guys have a run with the leashes off and let them try build a consistent game at a high level and deal with the risk.

Reply #342732 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Short term solutions don't fix long term problems either

Reply #342733 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Isaac, Warren didn't go so well in either OT and I don't see him as a feared game winner regardless of his shot against Sydney.

Mystro, I understand your point but if the coach wants to save his job he needs to start winning (and for the fans sake as well). So bring the best player they can in (if he was still Australian which I don't think he is). If he can't play in NZ well so be it. He will at least help Weigh and Creek lots by training against him all the time.

Reply #342734 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Clarke needs to worry about getting his rotations right and improving his coaching. It's evident that his coaching isn't up to scratch regardless of wins/losses. If we get decent coaching, if we see improvement out of our new guys, even if we don't win many games (which we aren't anyway!), Clarke may have a reason to say "keep me for another year".

When wins are rare, there's a lot to be gained from letting young guys off the leash to just play.

Reply #342735 | Report this post

loyal  
Years ago

To all you ballinger baggers, just keep in mind that this guy gave you 5 years of his life, tried his best to win for the team and in return has to put up with liquid crap from a bunch of pissant rednecks, brokeback horse mounters who the only thing you have played is with yourself. Get of the guys back, not only did he have to put up with poor medical attention but tried his best to give to his team in the hope of them winning. He now has had his 2nd operation and needs support but all you read is shit. Like get rid, sack or replace. You know what l hope he recovers and just like the other players you all bagged last year, he comes back to hound you Melbourne will have you anytime BALLS

Reply #342737 | Report this post

TUCKY TUCK  
Years ago

Mystro - my suggestion was whether he's a viable option to play this season as a stop-gap since Clarke needs some W's on the board. I think the road to a title will go through NZ for this year & a few more after, but that doesn't much concern the 6ers this year, does it?

I agree, in a perfect world I'd bump Daly (not Warbout), and write it off as a "learning experience" but I don't think Clarke has that luxury (which is why he went after Crosswell in the 1st place)

Reply #342738 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Loyal, you're funny. He had a job was paid very well, and injury or not, didnt bring Adelaide wins or playoff appearance, hence he didnt do an above and beyond job. Just satisfactory in comparison to his salary.

Reply #342742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about Chris Williams who played for the Kings one season?

He was a star!

Reply #342747 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

i dont think anyone is really bagging ballinger for his past, he has been by far our best player for years, its just atm people have a huge ? over his future. I would take him back on a cheaper deal for sure. For mine the whole injury thing was not handled great and he probably needed more time to get his legs under him. This last injury is really just one of those things.

I tend to have the opinion that we work with who we have unless we can get a Newley back for next year. The season is gone, why waste the money. Slide Warren to the 1 and Weigh or Creek to the 2 & 3 and play daly more.

These guys can player longer minutes they the have been so just spell them less unless they are blowing.

Reply #342751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On Tucker I think he's still an import but not playing in NZ shouldn't be an issue if he wasn't, remember the 36ers signed Paora Winitana who was a mormon or something and he couldn't play in Sunday games or train on Sundays yet it didn't stop the 36ers from signing him.

Reply #342760 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Wow, so the stupidity started b4 Clarke got there? LOL!!

Reply #342774 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I just don't think that Tucker will bring anything positive to the Team off the court. Sure Clark needs wins but it shouldn't be at the expense of his 14year plan lol

Reply #342775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if only Ballinger had done his rehab properly maybe he wouldnt be in this mess

Reply #342782 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What about Dusty Rychart? Does he have an NBL gig at the moment?
Contracted to Cairns, and also injured at present.

Until I hear that it's been tried and failed, I'm going to stay keen on Dellavedova - preparing for the future intaking an opportunity to nab a rising star who could feasibly start this year or next, and trying to stay competitive this year. There are enough players coming off contract (and Dellavedova would be rated a three?) that if Ballinger recovered well, he could still be kept next year.

Reply #342790 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Isaac, the way Dellavedova is playing, Europe is probably a very attractive, and likely option for him.

Reply #342821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can we sign Pero for the rest of the season. He is in town to coach/play for the rockets and would be a handy pick up??

Reply #342825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've seen Pero around and he looks in great shape. With Ballinger and Crosswell now out we are fairly thin on experience on the court and Pero would add something in that department as well.

Reply #342830 | Report this post

money man  
Years ago

Warbout wont be upgraded put my house on it

my house is in the south east!!!

Reply #342848 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

Pero would be a good replacement,the guy has played in solid euro leagues & has a lot of experience.Not to mention his personality on court would scare the crap out of half the players around him.Saw him at Hillcrest recently and i must say he is looking as fit as ever-bring in the big V!

Reply #342918 | Report this post

Europa 48  
Years ago

Saw rashad on news last night in Adelaide... wow Mark Davis fully took credit for all the work Rashad's been doing for those Sudanese guys... sure he's past tryna play in nbl, bigger things than playing a role for 6ers??

Reply #342919 | Report this post

Never  
Years ago

Mystro, You have no idea on Tucker's situation in NZ. Done & delt with no issues with going back.

Try finding out the facts before throwing stones...

Reply #342943 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

^ What happened? Did he go back and sort it all out or?

Reply #342951 | Report this post

loyal  
Years ago

if only the team doctor had made the proper call he would not be in this saga.balls did everthing he was told so dont assume.like l said l hope he does play for melbourne.Amazing what he can do we have followed his career since he left the spartans in the u.s.a and he will be back

Reply #342957 | Report this post

Hydra 69  
Years ago

whos this mystro boy? got beef with errbody ey... ha. ya'll some teachers pet, always eat the apple only when ur told?.. acting like half the NBL arnt sitting round the 'smoke' right now, people change anyway... Kobe24 u that straight? yea right... same people talking bout the same things...

haters go hate, ballers go ball. ud take tuc anyday if he was naturalised and it meant ud have a chance... 6ers have/had a gd team but that coach has no idea how t coach those boys... no hate, the proof is in the ladder yall

Reply #342983 | Report this post

red  
Years ago

mmmm tucker no thanks, unless hes naturalised then yea why not.

Reply #342994 | Report this post

boss  
Years ago

supposedly he got up to some real bad shit in cairns too

Reply #343001 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:46 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754