Mick
Years ago

Mitch Norton out for 8 weeks

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2011/12/15/291121_sport.html

Fractured his ankle in his short stint on Sunday against the Kings. Will miss at least 8 weeks.

The upside here is he's only 18, and is a smart kid, but I just hope he isn't one of those guys with a bad body / weak bones that is highly susceptible to frequent injury.

The last three years or so I've seen him on crutches more often than not.

Topic #27088 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

who?

Reply #343159 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Crocs rookie. One of the top young prospects in the country, actually.

Starting PG for Australian team for his age group.

Reply #343160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Burston of the future?

Reply #343179 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Not necessarily. He's only 18 and probably still growing. Not many 18 year olds in this league are on two year deals so someone must have seen potential there.

Doesn't really rely on speed or athleticism anyway so it's not like losing a step or two will hurt him. Just needs to stay healthy.

Reply #343195 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Mick would you go as far as to suggest he reminds you of a young Brett Maher?

Reply #343200 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Your speaking of a young Brett Maher reminded me of this old image. I can't even remember what I made it for:

Reply #343201 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Big Ads, while I'm too young to have seen Brett Maher as a young fella, I've certainly seen old footage, and yes.

Lights out shooter, good ball handler, not quick but can get by his man using smarts. Definitely an apt comparison. Has a mid range shot, which to me is a dead art with young guys (most have the three ball and the slashing game but can't hit from 15-18 ft).

I feel he is legimitately one of the best shooters in the country when healthy and practised, and he's only 18.

Just needs to show it at the next level when he gets back next season.

Only downside is injuries and size - he's probably around 5'11". But yeah, smart player.

Reply #343221 | Report this post

dud  
Years ago

This years Cadee might be a better comparison

Reply #343244 | Report this post

Midge  
Years ago

Wow big comment Mick this is the first I jury since he was 10 and even then he was in a boot no crutches You must be talking about someone else, completely false comment. And for the record 6ft 1 not 5 11 must be talking about wrong bloke.

Reply #344991 | Report this post

Midge  
Years ago

For the record the last injury Norton had was when he was 10 and he had a boot no crutches and he is 6ft 1, must be talking about different bloke Mick.

Reply #344992 | Report this post

imonawinner  
Years ago

midge,you might want to check your facts considering he had a pin inserted in his ankle or foot after injuring it in a pre tournament game at last years worlds!

Reply #345003 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Norton is a bonafide PG prospect. He chose the NBL over a lucrative college basketball scholarship as did Mitch Creek.

Hope he recovers well and stronger than ever.

Reply #345015 | Report this post

Midge  
Years ago

The comment I am making is directed at Mick an that Norton has been on crutches over the last THREE years more often than not completely FALSE, the pin in foot is and the injury now is all related. Not an additional injury and it happened at worlds mid last year 2011 not over the last 3 years. This is the only injury he has been on crutches for and the only injury he has had since he was 10.

Reply #345025 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:41 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754