Spazmaz
Years ago

3qtr time half court shot - 36ers v Hawks

Did anyone else notice the 36ers cheerleader selected a friend or family member out of the crowd for the 3qtr time shoot out. With the oppotunity to win 5 grand this is clearly not acceptable. Pretty unfair to the rest of the crowd/members.

Next time girls you probably shouldnt make it so obvious. Talking to him directly after the game isnt the brightest idea.

Topic #27098 | Report this topic

Sixersfan  
Years ago

thats pretty shit if true, the girl should be given the boot.

Reply #343311 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Its pretty bad that these people put their hand up for the opportunity when they can't even make a shot from the free throw line. Its selfish as it robs others who do have a chance of making the shots the opportunity. At least that selfishness is rewarded with egg on your face.

Reply #343313 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

If its true that the guy in the retro 36ers shirt was a friend or family member of hers it really is poor form and she should either be fired or at least suspended for a conflict of interest (can they suspend cheerleaders? lol).

Like all contests, at the very least no employee of the NBL, the 36ers, Basketball SA, media broadcasters, sponsors etc or their families should be allowed to enter contests like that where a significant amount of money ($5,000 this time) or a major prize is at stake. Question is how do you stop the girls picking friends out of the crowd?

What they should really do is get the seat numbers that are taken, game day or season tickets to be fair to everyone (get the seat numbers from the barcode scans as you enter the arena) and do a random drawing. If your seat number is drawn you get the chance to do whatever it is to try and win the prize. That would stop the girls picking friends (or family members) out of the crowd.

Reply #343316 | Report this post

hogwash  
Years ago

Dont ever buy seats in the South West corner if your expecting some free stuff.Invisible seats for any freebies.
(sarcasm !!! ok !!!I dont go there for it expressley)

Reply #343325 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Disagree Hog, that corner usually gets the first slingsot targeted at them (the ole south west corner)

Reply #343328 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Do we actually know for sure that she knew this dude? What's to say they weren't exchanging phone numbers?

Reply #343358 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

or are we dealing with a person who is pissed at not being picked instead

Reply #343389 | Report this post

Spazmaz  
Years ago

The person involved in the shoot out is definitely known to the cheerleaders. I sit close to them. There is usually two or three of the cheerleaders talking to this group of people after every game this year. I wouldn't have bothered making a topic unless I was certain.

Its not a matter of being pissed for not getting selected myself, i don't even volunteer.

Reply #343391 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

If it is an issue then send an e-mail to 36ers management telling them of your concerns and what you know.

Reply #343397 | Report this post

forcey  
Years ago

Picking a 10yr old girl last week was a true highlight of the "half court shot" selections

Reply #343414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm quite surprised by this. I'm sure they are all well aware that friends and family shouldn't be participating in these competitions etc...

My partner works for the sixers and I would never put my hand up for something like this... I won't even take the free fruchocs that get handed out! As far as I'm concerned the idea of these comps and giveaways are to get people to the games and have them having a great night and experience.

I'm sure if this was the case the people involved will be reprimanded and a small reminder out to all staff members about this..

Reply #343436 | Report this post

Mystic  
Years ago

436- The Fruchocs are awesome
Does your partner sneak any home for you.
Admire your principles.

Reply #343478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so you are suggesting a person who has been supporting the sixers for 20 years should no longer be eligible to potentially participate in such competitions because an acquaintance becomes part of the extended team? There is a thin line between fairness from a few different perspectives i think.

Reply #344171 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I cannot get past HoldenV8's comment about cheerleaders in suspenders!

Reply #344174 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:35 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754