lukn4atitle
Years ago

Bartlett Signs with 36ers

Its official the 36ers have signed the NZ guard for the rest of the season . Was quite impressive in the short stint with the Wildcats .

Topic #27101 | Report this topic

thomo  
Years ago

ok, would rather give daly the minutes

Reply #343344 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Bartlett takes a dump on daly's game

Reply #343350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why was this guy not in the NZ team? They played a few other guards (Fitchett and another) who didnt seem up to it, while Bartlett was very handy for Perth?

Reply #343356 | Report this post

Justin  
Years ago

Good signing for the rest of the season. Was pretty impressive for perth

Reply #343359 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Because the other guys are less streaky than him, Fitchett has been in the Tall Blacks program for some time, knows the plays and what is epected and has a nice shot from outside.

Reply #343365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Source?

Reply #343368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fair enough, how does he go in the NZNBL? A future tallblack?

I was very impressed with him in his stint at perth, gave them a real boost off the bench. Hopefully he can bring that to the 6ers

Reply #343369 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Has been on the outer as Tallblacks run a pass first PG always and Penney has SG on lockdown and Webster is/was better by far, he's not bad but what you have seen @ Perth is him stepping up when he gets a sniff and playing within the system. Perth made him look good not that he is terrible. Good hops, speed and has range just streaky from what I have seen over the years but he has been training hard for a while and he may have just improved dramatically but again, he was never that bad( when he was "on").

Reply #343376 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Was Bartlett all that impressive in Perth? In 6 games he only averaged 6.3 points, 0.8 rebounds and 1 assist in about 15 minutes per game. Sure he gave some contribution from the bench but they didn't have any hesitation to bring Martin back and earlier than maybe he should have. And overall Bartlett has only played 8 NBL games with even worse stats (4.8 pts, 0.6 rebounds and 0.8 assists per game).

If it is true then I guess he could be a handy backup (not as good as Croz but you get that). But I'd really stick with Tom Daly who didn't do a bad job last night. I know he was only up against a Wollongong side having a Barry Crocker and that's hardly the same as dealing with the likes of Ubaka, Deleon etc but I'd honestly persist with him for the rest of the year rather than pick up Bartlett. Besides, if it came to it Darren Ng can also run the point if needed.

I dunno, I just don't think that it would be worth picking him up.

Reply #343395 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Ng running the point would be like handing the win to any other team before we arrived

Reply #343401 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Probably a bit late to be bringing him in , here.
Daly knows the plays.
Weigh advances the ball pretty good.
Clarke reckons Creek does .
Not much requirement , last nite , against zone.

Reply #343402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HoldenV8,

How can Bartlett have played 6 games for the Wildcats yet 8 games for his career?

Until this season he's never played an NBL game before.

Reply #343404 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

According to the official NBL stats Bartlett has 8 games, though I'll admit to not being able to find any reference to who else he's supposedly played with.

A mistake in the stats maybe?

I still don't think its worth picking him up but he might surprise.

Reply #343405 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

We have 2 starters that are out injured and the best we can do as a replacement is someone who has only played 6-8 games in the NBL. If The Breakers have set a benchmark for the standard required, are we not serious about being competitive by signing one of their rejects? To add more salt to the wound, the team is still sitting on top without Bruton.

Reply #343409 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

He played well against the 36ers for Perth...

Reply #343410 | Report this post

KB3  
Years ago

Ec the team we pumped last night beat the breakers. Bartlett showed some tools that Marty will hopefully make the most of

Reply #343413 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

beat the Breakers on an off night and they had an on night but a win is a win. Bartlett may have got some garbage minutes as a Breakers development player a couple of times. A heap of NBL players play in the NZBL (Ballinger has along with plenty of other top guys spread around) so it is not a complete bush league

Reply #343416 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I am happy for a replacement of the same calibre of Ballinger or Crosswell but anything less, I would leave the team the way it is. They played well last night. Bringing in a newcomer runs the risk of upsetting the chemistry, so unless its a high calibre player, its not worth it. Hope Marty only uses Bartlett for training for the first few weeks and monitors his progress in fitting in with the team. Also gives you another person to slot in, in case of further injuries.

Reply #343418 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

So has this been officially released anywhere but here?
Happy with Bartlett, possibly a more veteran leadership player may have been a better option for the list we have, but I was pretty impressed with him at Perth.
He's kind of proof that there are players out there who can make it at this level, they just need an opportunity to show it.

Reply #343420 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Boti mentioned it in his article.

Reply #343421 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Was also mentioned by commentary team during Blaze/Wildcats

Reply #343437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With Bartlett's 8 games, it's correct, but because of sportingpulse inability to have a current player listed on two teams his old team's stats "disappear". Look at Daryl Corletto and his Tigers stats, or Oscar Forman's Breakers stats, most of Brad Hill's Adelaide stats. He's played 8, but it's just vanished because he signed with Perth, and when he plays a game for Adelaide, his Perth stats i would expect to disappear as well.

Reply #343441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When he signed with Perth I'm sure the NBL in the article announcing it said he never actually got on the court for the Breakers.

The NBL have had problems with stuff like this before too, I remember a few young 36ers development players were counted as having played games even though they were just sitting on the bench all game and never actually got on the court.

Reply #343463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well he certainly has stepped on court for Breakers, this season he is 14-25 from the field. His career is 14-27.

Reply #343525 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Looks like another lefty here. Didn't do a lot today
at his first training , although Clarke's teaching 'em new stuff to do. Slows 'em down.
Helliwell lead the bigs in a bitta stuff.
Simpson got his free throws in and Creek got his 3 pointers in . Ng shot well , of course.
Brandon Brine looked pretty good out there , although I mentioned that before . Simpson's good to train with , gives him (and others) encouragement.
Weigh didn't train , of course . Not fit and hasn't been in good form. Let's hope he doesn't play 30+ mins
for a while.

Reply #343583 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Warren and Simpson combined well , of course.
Warren's short but he dunked it.
Herbert's pretty good without Weigh.

Reply #343587 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:20 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754