read threads before you start a new one. See 'Sixers in NZ'

Reply #30502 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

Try the land of the long white cloud .. baaaa baaaa

Reply #30503 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

Holmes is tearing up the NZNBL for the Nelson Giants. So far this season the Giants are around the mark with Jacob leading the way. The Giants are 3-3 sitting in 5th after round 6. All the box scores are available at www.kiwihoops.co.nz as well as some pretty decent game reviews.

Reply #30504 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Holmes is off looking for an arc for his jumpshot

Reply #30506 | Report this post

Bootlegs Buddy  
Years ago

I hear his girlfriend is over there at the moment.

Reply #30510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you related to him Bluecollar? ;)

Tearing it up?? While he has had a couple of good games I think thats a bit of an exageration

As for his team they are ranked #9 out of 10 by the website!

Reply #30513 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Stats here, though only for first 3 games.

Game-by-game:

22 points (10-22), 11 rebounds
26 points (8-16), 10 rebounds
8 points (4-12), 7 rebounds
37 points (13-24), 6 rebounds
18 points (8-20), 14 rebounds
23 points (7-21), 7 rebounds

Seems to be playing about 35 MPG. Certainly doing better than Pero Cameron who is going crap!

Reply #30516 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

I dont think he has found the arc on his jumpshot yet.
I wish him all the best,but he really stunk last season for the 36ers.
Poor shot selection and decision making seem to be his weakness,i started to call him 'Jason' Holmes last season because the amount of times he stuffed up.

Reply #30528 | Report this post

swish  
Years ago

Each to their own Mix Master Wipe.....Nelson must have thought different. And you are playing where overseas?????????

Reply #30552 | Report this post

Curious ..  
Years ago

Mix ....

He did take some poor shots he did not have a 'stinker' of a year .. He is still young and will be better every coming year.
Even that guy I dont like Goorjie poorjie picked him in th top 20 odd players in the country !

Reply #30555 | Report this post

Mustafah  
Years ago

Now I know I am going to get slammed by all you 6ers fans but here goes......

The only way (IMO) Jacob is going to improve is to spend a year under Goorjie Poorjie.

Reply #30568 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

Mustafah, i tend to agree. Perhaps the reason for indifferent (offensive only) performances in the last season is due to not quite fitting into Phil's system?

With more confidence from the current NZNBL season, Holmes should step things up in the coming Phillips Championship.

Describing his season as a stinker would be a bit hard Mix. There are two ends of the floor remember... Defence anyone?

Reply #30577 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

Look for Holmes to come off a lot of picks this season for jumpshots .. the fadeaway ala Cattalini is not a good % shot. '
Maybe some more Brett Maher 3 pt lay up action too ..

Reply #30580 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Holmes would've hoped for a better year but it certainly wasn't a stinker. He had some very good statlines, especially for someone of his age.

Mustafah, I'd agree with "A way for Jacob to improve would be" etc.

Reply #30587 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

You all need to remember in his first season he didnt get any respect from the defence in the NBL but in his second he was concentrated on a little bit more, people started to respect him. That extra pressure effects the shots going up but I personally think he adapted well and played strong under the boards where the sixers needed him. He put up some sdecent numbers and some huge board numbers.
He can only get better. thats the plus side....

Reply #30596 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Ok, Jacob is a really good rebounder and plays D well !!!
Hope he improves his shooting numbers next season also.
I liked Oscar playin the 3 spot rather than Jacob thats all!

Reply #30662 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:12 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754