Isaac
Years ago

NH: United sacks Rini Coolen, turns to Kosmina

May be of interest as a discussion topic for a few people on here who follow United and others drawing parallels between the seasons of United and the 36ers:

Adelaide United has sacked Rini Coolen as head coach less than 48 hours after the embattled A-League club fell to its fifth loss of the season against lowly Gold Coast.

Coolen has been replaced by former Adelaide boss and Football Federation Australia Hall of Fame member John Kosmina.
I think United had given Coolen a four year deal prior to the season and have demoted him to youth development so as not to break the contract?

United are 2-4-5 after last night and lost 0-3 to the previously bottom placed team. They've scored 8 goals and conceded 21.

---

I googled "a league" for their web site. Google responded:

1 league = 5.55600 kilometres

Topic #27118 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clarke sacked for Smyth perhaps

Reply #343486 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I think it was a similar situation with the Sixers. If the sixers lost to Hawks Clarke would have been sacked as well I think (well at least would hope he would have been). Now it depends on how he goes for say the next 5 games.

The next 5 are against.
@ Gold Coast
@ Sydney without JK (I think)
Cairns
@ NZ
Cairns

If we go 1-4 in those 5 games you would think that is it for Clarke.

I think we will go 3-2

Reply #343494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont see the 6ers beating Cairns at home considering how well they are playing, not both times instead. More realistic would be 2-3, but hopefully the team plays well, i just have such little faith in the coach i havent been proved wrong by him yet as a 'winner'.

Reply #343499 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Both teams - good players not considered and both teams struggling here.
Clarke - " Ballinger looked liked he was just about to find a bitta form and Crosswell's been leading the team. " Which is very true but playen Weigh too much is his foible and he is accused of nefarious dealings with his favorite player.

Reply #343509 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

The cold look of Kossie should make the players go onto the grass with some fear & respect at least,so far they are a bunch of heartless/over payed underachievers.Coolen will probably leave giving united a good reason not to pay out the entire contract.As with our 36ers i hope that United can turn around the rest of the season in their favor.At least get the team to gel for the upcoming Asian champions league.

Reply #343520 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

I like the comparision.

I honestly believe Marty would be a great coach during the week with someone like Symth coaching and running the team on game day - motivating the players

Reply #343553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Smyth/Breheny coaching partnership was a great success with both coaches complementing each others skills. Unfortunately in the later years financial restraints tarnished their record with an inability to perhaps recruit and maintain players.

Jakes suggestion certainly has merit, although Smyth still needs the players and defence wasnt a strongpoint under his coaching style either.

Reply #343590 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:31 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754