Anonymous
Years ago

Horns Shakes Offence

I'm coaching a junior team and i've been recommended to implement the shakes offence and i've had a look around the net and can't find any diagrams/read material on it. Wondering if the bloggers can send me to a good link ot article.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Topic #27127 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

do u have a good bigs? a great point guard? and guys who can knock down threes?
if not I would not be running any variations of horns or shakes. what age group is this for>?

Reply #343565 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Unless you're coaching the top juniors, or it's a club direction, horns and shakes isn't the greatest for juniors.

Reply #343568 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, the above two posts are really helpful! Nothing like a hoops post to tell you what you shouldn't be doing, rather than just telling you where you can find info so you can check for yourself.

Reply #343575 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

There's a guy by the name of "Lason Perkins" who does a lot of books on BBall plays etc. Naturally you have to pay, but if you do an image search on him (aka. Lason Perkins - Horns Offense), there are a few diagrams you can take without paying for the books.

Reply #343579 | Report this post

Average OKKA  
Years ago

Horns Shake is two elbow high screens from both bigs (one at each elbow)
Guard has choice to go off either side.
Usually your best shooting big pops or three and your better post player rolles to the bucket. Pretty easy play. Without a good PG and good shooting 4man don't bother.....

Reply #343600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm coaching under 18's at a good Metro level.

We have a good Shooter playing the 4 spot & a solid distributor at the 1

Reply #343608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.hoopsplaybook.ca/horns.htm

gold right here my friend

make sure u suit waht u run to the players you have
run breakdowns, get the detail into the drills and ensure they hav the skills

Reply #343839 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

Does the 'shakes' bit relate to what the strongside (side guard goes to) big does- ie pop or roll?

Reply #343874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Many different coaches call various on bal sets shakes, I believe though originally shakes was a horns on the side variation brought over by goorgian

Reply #343888 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:59 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754